Poll: Just Broken The 10000 Gamerscore Barrier

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I miss clicked , i voted 10000-15000 but i just checked and im at 18 000. I not a completionist so i rarely go outta my way to do achievements . The one exception was when i bought oblivion , it was the second game i bought on my xbox and i didnt have much money at the time so i did eery single achievement , but i loved that game to death and was dirt poor so it was worth ever minute .

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Mine's about 9,750 or something similar. I'm close to 10,000.

I have most of mine (about 1200) from Dragon Age Origins I believe.

I've had my 360 just over 2 years.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
This thread has probably been done a million times but there don't seem to be any recent ones so here goes.

Anyway, after about 4 years of having a 360 I've reached 10000G (although I only had 6000 around last Christmas time and I don't have Live (yet)) with Red Dead Redemption.

So firstly, what is your gamerscore, based on how many games?
And secondly, what game do you have the most gamerpoints from?

I have no idea what the typical gamerscore is so the poll might be wonky
Oh wow... it took you 4 years for that? Im about 5 years in and I have 46846. I average around 10K a year. Im a HUGE achievement whore.

Also my most is borderlands at 1665. Only missing like 5 from it. I like that game a lot :)

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
StBishop said:
Mine's about 9,750 or something similar. I'm close to 10,000.

I have most of mine (about 1200) from Dragon Age Origins I believe.

I've had my 360 just over 2 years.
WHAT! ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
16,365 GS. It would have been more, but this was my second profile, and the first one I got Xbox Live on.

gamerguyal

Jun 24, 2010
I just checked, it's 18,427. The game I have the most gamerscore in is Halo 3 with 1750. I've been meaning to get a certain 3-point achievement in The Orange Box so it's at an even increment of 5 to make up for Half Life 2's 2-point achievement.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
zero based on zero, really. Or 3.2 based on the past two weeks, if you want to bring steam ratings into this. I also have a bunch of trophies. I think three games over 50%

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
Mine is 16405 based off of 29 games (One of which is Halo Waypoint so that probably doesn't count). I've had my Xbox console for about a year and a month.

I don't get all the achievements unless I'm really fond of the game. I think some of my best 100%s are Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2, and Left 4 Dead 2. Currently working on Left 4 Dead 1, and I'll have CoD: Black Ops once I finish that stupid Shangri-La meteor easter egg.

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
i know its a cheap way to get people to keep playing but i love thos little things and i have played games for longer then i should just to get my gamerscore. no point other then a bragging point

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Currently just under 30000. I've only had a 360 for just over a year and a half. I don't achievement hunt or anything, I just have a lot of games.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
92,945G. The goal is to get 100,000G by New Year's.

I'll just admit up front that i'm an achievement addict. I don't know why, i don't really care what people think about that either. It's just what i like doing. Some people like competing in sports, some people like to build and restore old cars, some people like to play tabletop games, i like to hunt for achievements. Not silly easy achievements from kids games either; my points come from the hardest, most challenging lot out there as well as a fair smattering of lower budget titles that i would have otherwise completely overlooked if i didn't buy them initially solely for the achievements. Knights Contract and Bullet Witch are two examples. I'm part of a fairly tight knit achievement community on TA and it's really great to be around people who know, understand and share your passion. People get the same from other communities so i don't see why the same can't be felt with achievement hunting. I fully accept people view achievements as trivial. However, to me and others like me, they are not. What really pisses me off are people who berate you for the reason that you hunt achievements, even if it is not impacting them in any way.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Thanatus1992 said:
What does gamerscore do? I've never played a 360, but I've seen many discussions bringing it up.
It's the total amount of achievement points you have.

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
30,765G
67 Games
9 games are 100% complete (4 are 200G download games)
4 games are 90%, 7 are 80%, 11 are 70% and 7 are 60%. These are the games I like.
18 games are under 10% complete. These are the games I borrowed and decided were not worth my time.

Every time I put a game into my XBox (I only play one game at a time, usually for 1-2 weeks), I pick out a few achievements to casually aim for while I play. The more times I play a game, the higher the percentage of achievements.

It's my rating system, and it's my way to avoid a game being the same experience every time I play.

Sometimes I look at a game and say "why isn't that game higher?" If an achievement isn't fun, like multiplayer in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, then I just don't play it. If one looks like fun, I'll toss the disc into my XBox.

BUT the biggest reason for gamerscore/achievements: to tell which people are noobs, and which people are hackers (a 15G player in Halo 3 with a high rank and thousands of game wins, for instance).