Poll: Kid Banned From Scoring For Being Too Awsome

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
What a great lesson to be teaching a young child.

'Don't bother trying to excel in what you do son, because then we'll just have to hold you back to stop everyone from hating you.'

Fuck any society that is so afraid of elitism that it won't even let children take pride in their talent.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
That's why I hate nerfing. If the kid's good, the other team should just not suck.

souper soup guy

Aug 8, 2011
edit: I really don't see what the huge problem is, I mean the kid is okay with it, and a game of football where only one person is playing kind of defeats the purpose, there are probably better ways to deal with it, but I can see where their coming from.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Damn, why does everyone have to be equel at everything. Some people are better than others DEAL WITH IT.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
[HEADING=2]Unleash the Demias![/HEADING]

No but he seems cool with it and it's only 'til next year. It might sound odd but who among us doesn't remember that one kid who was so good at something it always revolved around them?

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I think it's okay. The kid knows how good he is, and he knows why the rule is being put in place, and he's apparently totally accepting of it. He knows he's not the only one on the field, so if anything, this article serves as a reminder of just how mature this kid is.

Caravelle

Oct 1, 2011
They're kids, not professional players. There's hardly much point for the others if one kid gets to do everything. Besides, it's a team sport. They only keep him from scoring when he's scored three times (so it's not like he doesn't get to play) and the team is ahead by more than 14 points (so it isn't endangering the team's dominance). In that case it's just common sense in the interests of the team to allow the other kids to play and improve their own game instead of superfluously running up the score with this one kid. It certainly doesn't sound like he's being challenged or anything.

If he was upset by this it might be something, but he isn't. The article quotes him as saying he's ok with the whole thing.

Moving on to another league might be a better solution, but he's a child. I don't know how those things work, but if the only better league is one full of older children who are twice his size and weight might'nt it get physically dangerous for him ?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
At least he has something to brag about. "I'm so good that they had to change the rules to contain me."
Still pretty stupid.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Eh, I'm divided; but since it's a kids' league I figure it's justified.
There are after all rather large differences between kids in that age group due to the uneven onset of puberty.
I've met a 12-13 year old who was virtually indistinguishable from an 18 year old.
I do not believe restricting their use of his talent in games is going to hamper his development. He still gets to practice, and when his peers' physiology is starting to even out he will be allowed to go all out.

In fact, I think playing with a team that's so significantly less able in the sport would be far more detrimental to his development. If he can just single-handedly hand the other team their collective ass, he's not going to get any practice utilizing teamwork, and that's going to come back to bite him in the ass when he no longer has such a physical advantage.

I've seen several football players who grew up knowing that they were far better than their peers at the sport. When the other players started catching up to their natural head start, they had no idea how to work effectively as a team. They ended up as stupidly egotistical players who - on account of having no idea how to pass the ball to others - never achieved anything on the field.

Alternatively, they could just field him at some different position to let him learn other qualities that will be useful in the future.
That, or they could let him play in a different league. Let him play with the 13 year olds. Age is hardly a good gauge of physical development at that age in the first place.

Also: It disappoints me to see that half the people in this thread are so reactionary that they think the reasoning behind implementing the rule is "he makes the other kids feel bad".

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
Wait, how is this new? This is a really old rule.

Also everyone who says the Madre Hill rule could possibly stunt this young athletes growth is a fool, need an example? Look no further then Madre Hill!

Has no one here been in any kiddie sports while growing up? There all handicapped.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
azzxl said:
That is the single most idiotic thing i've ever heard it's like saying to a kid getting good grades "your doing just a tad to well we'll just change some A's to D's to even out".
No's it's more like saying during each test if you get the first 15 questions out of 50 perfectly right and everyone else misses at least 1 of those you don't you can't finish the test but you'll get 100% A anyway.

I'm kinda of in favor of the the rule as this isn't an official league with rewards for winning.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, I'm really starting to HATE these young parents today. They are being overprotective and unjustly with kids that they have to make sure that they are living in a styrofoam world so they are not physically hurt and to limit the accomplishments and expressions of others in order for their child's FEELINGS to not get hurt.

Anyone born in the 80s can relate to me? Parents were tough and strict; they thought you about sportsmanship, responsibility, and to always do your best. Also, if you hurt yourself, just dust yourself off, and keep moving. Also, ignore what idiots tell you and only kick their teeth in when he "truly" deserves it. Many kids raised by these YOUNG PARENTS are so sensitive to their kids that they can't accept the fact that some kids are just better than theirs. Instead of reinforcing what their own child is good at, they need to make sure to bring down other kids that are better than them, to spare their own child's feelings.

These YOUNG PARENTS are nothing but old children that view that world in what they think is right rather than, "This is life. It's not always going to go your way and you just need to accept it." These parents are the ones that b**** and complain about things that are "unfair" to them and their kids, regardless of other. We need to stop paying so much attention to these idiotic demands, call "bulls***" when we see and smell it, and move on.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Maybe I'm old school. Maybe it was the way my dad taught me.
"Either you are good enough to stop the other team or you're not. Just play. Don't complain."
You want to stop someone from scoring? Stop him yourself. Don't expect the refs to do it for you.

titaniumChampion

Nov 27, 2009
"According to Arkansas Fox affiliate Fox 16, 11-year-old Demias Jimerson has emerged as such a dominant running back that the Wilson Intermediate Football League he plays in has reinstated a bylaw called the "Madre Hill rule," which bars him from scoring a touchdown if he has already scored three times and his team has a lead of 14 points or more."

This is a non-issue. It's ridiculous that this is something that needs to be reported on. Move along folks.