Poll: La Noire: will you buy it?

cruzermac619

Mar 14, 2011
I deeply want to buy this game. I love Rockstar's games and this one is making it look like I'll love it too.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Pre-ordering it next week. I've been waiting for a true murder mystery game that's not all action, and this looks like this is it.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I'm guessing it will be similar to Mafia II and that game disappointed me so no.

It wasn't that it wasn't a standard 'Sandbox' game it was that it's main appeal (The Story) wasn't that great IMO and that seems to be the same pitch I'm getting from L.A. Noire.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
AvsJoe said:
I probably won't. I already have a massive back-log of games to finish and I am not as interested in the game as most people are.
That's pretty much my take on all that. I have enough games that I need to play that I can't seem to care about it enough at the moment, if at all. I don't know what it is about that game, but I just can't seem to care about it.

Lagslayer

Apr 18, 2011
It doesn't look very impressive to me. It looks like the kind of game where the actual gameplay is going to not just take a backseat, but get bound, gagged, and shoved in the trunk.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I have preordered it already. Will be my first Preorder ever for my new game system.

Sorry, Duke, here's hoping I've got some disposable income next week to get you too.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
My budget is thin and I already have games I would rather get on my list. Besides I plan the vast majority of my game purchases months in advance.

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
I have to see some gameplay videos first. There's been a lot of dust about the new facial animation, but I'm not paying $60 for a glorified tech demo

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I will but when depends on the game it self. Since it looks like once you beat it thats it, your done. I have no doubt it will be great, but I hated Mafia 2 for the reason that, theres nothing to do out of the main game. I loved the story and characters, but theres not much content there.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
AvsJoe said:
I probably won't. I already have a massive back-log of games to finish and I am not as interested in the game as most people are.
Pretty much the same as that. If it ends up it is amazingly good and I have the spare money, I might pick in up in a few years...

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Depends on if I can do a game-swap with a friend of mine next time I see him so I can play Portal 2. If I can't then Portal 2 is next on the purchase list- followed by LA Noire.

I've loved noir films since the beginning of high school I've been jonesing for a well done, faithfully adapted noir game to fit the bill for quite some time, now. Really looking forward to the game as it seems to draw a lot of influence from the adaptation of LA Confidential from 1997- a fantastic film

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
will1182 said:
Hiphophippo said:
will1182 said:
Hiphophippo said:
I'm going to buy it SO HARD
I'm going to buy it EVEN HARDER, then return it so I can BUY IT A SECOND TIME!
Bullshit! I'm going to BUY ROCKSTAR so I can play it now? (hard)
I'm going to BUY YOU, Hiphophippo, so I can ORDER YOU to give me Rockstar so I can play it BEFORE YOU! (also hard)
That will probably work. I'm reasonably cheap. (and hard. okokok too far.)