Poll: Left 4 Dead 3 survivors

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
We need Left 4 Dead Or Alive. Think of the boobage!

tziak

Apr 4, 2009
lotr rocks 0 said:
I want Ellis's buddy Keith to be in L4D3.
Dude, this.

Actually, what I would really want is the game to take place in another country. I want to see how the infection is affecting the rest of the world. Then it could take place in Britain, and I could recreate Shaun of the Dead for the rest of my days.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
I just want a Brock Samson option.

I'm assuming he would be a single player option where you are alone with nothing but a knife.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
No. Valve maxed out their number of racial minorities in the first one, then they broke the rules by having two minorities (Of the same race!!! And one of them was the girl! Heresey! ) in the second game. So, granted, and Asian guy would be mor plausible than two black people, but it would still be breaking the rules.

Oh, and Valve will probably return to the original surviviors. I think I heard them say as much.

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
Ahh... another L4D, another boycott that has no idea what it's doing.
And yea, to borrow and idea, the create-a-survivor would be cool.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Ruzzian Roulette said:
I want a goddamn CREATE-A-SURVIVOR in L4D3, because really, what Escapist wouldn't want to see how they'd do in a fast zombie apocalypse?
I didnt buy L4D1 or 2 but if they had that I would tottaly buy it. :D

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
It needs Bruce Cambell, Ving Rahames, and two other people that I dont care who they are.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Furburt said:
I really hope their isn't a L4D3 for quite some time.

The poll's a bit odd, but I'd say Bruce Campbell would be really funny to have in it.

Just for the nerdgasm I would experience.
He could be an unlockable character or something, that'd be pure win.

OT: Well, while I agree with Furb here in that I hope they don't pull a... Valve... and release it in a year or less, I reckon a create-a-character system would sell the game faster than uhhh..... uhhh.... Something that sells fast but that wouldn't beat L4D.

NotHisRealName

Jul 15, 2009
mechanixis said:
I'm looking forward to the addition of a wheelchairbound man who can't travel up or down stairs without the assistance of another survivor.

But in seriousness...

I'd go with disheveled conspiracy theorist/crazed prophet sort of character who keeps raving about how he totally saw this coming and making unusual, slightly uncomfortable comments about the other survivors. "Don't worry, if you die before I do I'll make sure we put your body to good use!"

And I'm all for an asian character. I'm picturing a calm and collected businessman.

TheNumber1Zero said:
A russian man with a thick accent?
^ Victory ^

And let's make the woman the tough-as-nails badass this time. Give her a shaved head and some tattoos.

If L4D was East coast and L4D2 was Deep South, then let's say L4D3 is West coast.
Yes, a wheelchair bound person would definitely make for an interesting addition to the game. And it would be cool to see the TF2 (And CSS) characters as playable DLC. Especially if the CSS guys were voiced by the Leetworld team.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
No. It doesn't. It needs an asian girl. How do you repopulate the Earth with a 3:1 ratio of men to women anyways???

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Pifflestick said:
Definetly need an asian next time.

And possibly a gay guy.
wtf does race/gay(ness?) have to do with anything anyway?

I just don't understand why it needs to play a role in everything.

Gmano

Apr 3, 2009
No, sadly, the american audience wants an all white cast, with the exception of the one token black guy. (Rochelle is a lighter black, and serves as the female character, they made her black to avoid being seen as racists, after all, only having white women would freak some people out.)

actually, come to think of it, they might have made Rochelle black because very few black women get married (as compared to black men, or any other race's women.)

My god, steam is racist, but cleverly hiding it!

Jun 11, 2009
I personally wanted to see a "frozen north" take on Left 4 Dead. We could have:

A stereotypical Canadian hockey hooligan.
A pyromaniacal Norwegian black metal fan.
A big old Russian bear, or someone from Eastern Europe.
Not sure about the last guy or gal, though. Maybe someone from Northern Québec, or an Inuit?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
There should either be:
Create a character.
A long list of survivors (You choose 4 of them to use)
or, if just 4 set people, there should be a Terran.