Poll: Let's Talk about Brownies

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Nay, I dislike chocolate and therefore brownies as well. I can imagine they would taste wonderful if I did like chocolate though.
Capcha: oharac iescute
Dawwww.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
Another fun way to do brownies is to get one of those special 'every piece is an edge piece' pans for baking. I dig me some edge pieces.

DAAANtheMAAAN

Sep 5, 2011
iLazy said:
I'm bias because EVERY brownie I've eaten is dry and reminds me of chalk.
Sounds like you've been getting some bad brownies. Whoever made them most likely overcooked them. If you dare, try making a batch and doing the toothpick test. While baking, pop oven and pull out the brownies and poke 'em with a toothpick. If batter comes off on the toothpick, put them back in for a few more minutes. When the toothpick comes out of the brownies nice and clean, they're done.

Get a cold glass of milk and enjoy fresh, delicious brownies!

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
iLazy said:
This is a thread for all of you who clicked on threads that said "bronies" but read it as "brownies".

Personally, I don't see the appeal of brownies. I mean it's cake in rectangle form. Pointless really, I just make the damn cake and eat the delicious crust. Then again, I'm bias because EVERY brownie I've eaten is dry and reminds me of chalk.

So, yay or nay on the brownies? Explain.
I though you meant the fairies of the same name. I thought we were going to get our Celtic mysticism on. Oh well.

OT: Um... I like fudge-style brownies.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Rawne1980 said:
Brownies are okay but have nothing on double choc chip cookies.
Burn him! Burn this heretic in the name of the Cardinals of the Fudge Filling Order!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Are there still Brownies? I thought they got assimilated by the Cub Scouts when they let girls join Scouts. *goes off to check*

Ok. It looks like there is still a Girl Guide movement despite Scouts being open to girls now. However the seven to yen year old group traditionally called Brownies are now going by the name Girl Guides the same as the older group. You learn something new everyday.

Oh you mean that cakey slice thing North Americans eat? Yeah. Ok. Not what I think of when I hear Brownies, especially if you are capitalising it.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
YAY BROWNIES!!!! Especially "special" brownies! Or even regular ones, warmed up with ice-cream... NOM NOM NOM...

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Rawne1980 said:
/thread, right here people. Choc Chip Cookies are godliness from an oven.
Is it wrong that I'm the OT and I agree with this??

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I don't care for cake, but brownies are fantastic. Just don't put nuts in them. Nuts are good, brownies are good, but brownies with nuts in them... no good.

Brownies with little bits of chocolate in them that melt whilst cooking in the oven -- that's where the action is.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
FrostyChick said:
I love brownies! Especially when they're fresh, warm, soft an... Oh god, I think I just orgasmed... o_O
0.o I really hope you aren't talking about this kind of brownie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(Girl_Guides)

OT: When I saw this thread title I immediately thought about the group that my little sister belongs to, but alas no this is just about food.

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
JoJoDeathunter said:
FrostyChick said:
I love brownies! Especially when they're fresh, warm, soft an... Oh god, I think I just orgasmed... o_O

OT: When I saw this thread title I immediately thought about the group that my little sister belongs to, but alas no this is just about food.

I've never had a brownie.........had a girl guide once.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
NAAAAY! I'd rather have a boston style fudge doughnut, the one with the toffee on top and it's filled with custard.

swenson

Sep 5, 2009
A fresh, warm, moist chocolate brownie, no frosting, no nuts (nuts in a brownie are a perversion and a sin, in my book) is amazing. Forget fancy schmancy made-from-scratch brownies, the best food ever created is one of those box mix brownies with a glass of milk. Mmmm...

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
FrostyChick said:

You sicken me. >.>
Go wash your mind out with soap!
And don't forget to scrub!

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Rawne1980 said:
/thread, right here people. Choc Chip Cookies are godliness from an oven.
Mever have I seen so much truth in a thread. now I have two things to say to you.
1: I didn't think this would be a brony thread at all. It might have something to do with the W.
2: if all the brownies you've ever had were bad, Make 'em yourself! Or better, Chocolate chip cookies!