Poll: Let's Talk about Brownies

Sep 30, 2010
I love brownies, especially the chewy edge bits. For me brownies beat most conventional cakes but I'm a big fan of ice cream and jello cake (that's ice cream cake and jello cake not a cake made with both ice cream and jello, i can only dream of such a thing)

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
You need to find a good recipe, that doesn't overcook them. Also, store them at room temp. They dry faster in the fridge.

As a last resort, stick a crust of bread in the pan with them. The Brownies will draw the moisture from the bread, leaving it hard, while they stay soft. Works great with cookies too.

Sep 30, 2010
gCrusher said:
Another fun way to do brownies is to get one of those special 'every piece is an edge piece' pans for baking. I dig me some edge pieces.
Finally, someone who understands that the best bits are on the edge! I need one of those pans.
now i want brownies...

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
FrostyChick said:
I love brownies! Especially when they're fresh, warm, soft an... Oh god, I think I just orgasmed... o_O
Please.Continue!

OT:I like my brownies dry outside and moist inside.I don't like the icing on cake.Whipped cream makes a better substitute.
... And so deliciously moist, with thick chocolate icing. I know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. ^^

Note to self: Do not multi-task commenting on chocolate based threads and watching yuri. >.>

Apprentice1994

Aug 17, 2011
Brownies are great, but I usually need a glass of milk to eat them. Whipped cream is strongly advised as well.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
brownies are freaking delicious,
if made right it should be moister than cake...and potentially better than cake.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Die Eier von Satan

Eine halbe Tasse Staubzucker
Ein Viertel Teelöffel Salz
Eine Messerspitze türkisches Haschisch
Ein halbes Pfund Butter
Ein Teeloumlffel Vanillenzucker
Ein halbes Pfund Mehl
Einhundertfünfzig Gramm gemahlene Nüsse
Ein wenig extra Staubzucker
... und keine Eier

In eine Schüssel geben
Butter einrühren
Gemahlene Nüsse zugeben und
Den Teig verkneten

Augenballgroße Stücke vom Teig formen
Im Staubzucker w&aumllzen und
Sagt die Zauberw&oumlrter
Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim

Auf ein gefettetes Backblech legen und
Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und
KEINE EIER

Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und
Keine Eier ..

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Yay, Brownies are badass. We need to get more brownies, NOW! Seriously though, brownies aren't cakes. You eat a brownie with a glass of milk and it is delicious. It is pure chocolate goodness condensed into one awesome form.

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
Brownies have grown on me in recent years. I now find them quite enjoyable

Sep 14, 2009
brownies >>>>>>>>>>>>>> cake

especially in batter form, i fucking eat a whole god damn thing of brownies when it's still in it's liquidy chocolate form

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
I love brownies,especially ones with chocolate chips in them,it's chocolate in chocolate,what's not to love!

CAPTCHA:

Fuck you Captcha,I'm hitting refresh now.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Because a properly done brown is like a mix of fudge and cake, which is a totally unique exeriance. I am sorry for you that you've never had this. Brownies are awesome, and you really should see out a properly made one. Professionally made if need be.