Poll: Makes You Happy?

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
So I am not normally what you would call a happy person. I am cynical, depressed, I usually have misanthropic tendencies and hate people until they earn some sort of trust.

However recently that all has changed. Almost 3 months ago now, one of my longtime best friends and I realized that we had feelings for each other so we have been dating. It has been incredible. I was just walking outside in the rain and wind today but felt like my mood was so good that the weather did not even bother me.

Now I am not saying this is an end-all happiness getter and there are still times when I am bitter and pessimistic but it has astounded me that one little change in my life could have such a profound impact.

So I pose the question to you the Escapist: Is there something in your life, whether it be something you desire or something you already have, that makes your life so much better that you could consider yourself happy because of it?

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
HSIAMetalKing said:
Yeah, it's called smoking weed.
Not my thing but to each his own. Does it truely make your life better or does it just offer you an escape?

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
erm games

CrimsonAssassin said:
HSIAMetalKing said:
Not my thing but to each his own. Does it truely make your life better or does it just offer you an escape?
hey you said happy you said nothing about it being happyness via escapism so leave him alone.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Every now and then, I'll be outside. I'll suddenly stop, look around and notice the glory and beauty of nature all around me. Those are the good days.

Oh yeah. And cynicism. Seriously, it pays to have a dark sense of humor.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
What would truly make me happy again, I will never acquire. Knowing that, makes my life dimmer. So... no. At least, not that I'm looking for.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
CrimsonAssassin said:
HSIAMetalKing said:
It's only an escape if you consider it to be somehow separate from "normal living", whatever that is.

I'd say it makes life better, yeah.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
The sun can make me happy. I get excited easily, and I'll happily giggle to myself if just left to ponder.

Some friends and a beer will make me happy, it does most weekends.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
Oddly enough, the weather you described makes me happy. Reminds me of the world we live in, and for all we seem to be determined to destroy it and pretend it never existed, nature still finds its way into our cities.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
Beer and lots of it.

Before you use that "it's only an escape" bullcrap that was mentioned earlier, it is not. It is something that makes me happy at the end of everyday. It can be one (okay, who am I kidding at least two), or it can be 6+, as long as my day ends with a beer, all seems right in the world.

Boobs too, they bring a smile to my face every time I think about them.

Kolosus

Apr 22, 2009
What really makes me happy, is Music.

What ever mood i'm in, Music always makes me happier than my current state, even though 90% of what i hear is Metal, which is, contrary to popular belief, the root to all evil.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
At the moment it's the amount of things I've managed to achieve in the last few weeks since I moved 700 miles away from the place I've known as home for the past 10 years. A completely different environment, new people, new job and a brighter future make me really happy at the moment.

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
JoshGod said:
erm games

CrimsonAssassin said:
HSIAMetalKing said:
hey you said happy you said nothing about it being happyness via escapism so leave him alone.
I wasn't trying to differenciate between the two, happiness can be an escape and the opposite is true also. I was merely curious as I have never tried the substance.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
I... sometimes find myself having difficulty maintaining my frown when I am talking to a specific person.
I am still miserable, don't get me wrong. Just less so around her.

Also, I tend to get pretty darn amicable after a bottle of scotch.
Probably on account of feelin' so damn good.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I'm generally always a pretty happy person. It may not seem like it on the outside because I'm a bit reclusive and not very social.

Provided there isn't a lot of anxiety or stress about me, I can usually smile.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Usually I'm out-right miserable. There's only two times I truly feel good, one when I succeed when I thought I'd fail and when a certain girl I like comes on MSN (especially if she goes on web-cam and microphone as well). However, every so often I get into a weird mood and start shouting random things around the house while laughing to myself.