Poll: Manliest anime character?

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
Does manga characters count?

Daigo Kazama, also appears in video games(where one of his special attacks involves turning his back and beating his opponent with his manly aura!)

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
Aerosteam said:
[HEADING=1][color]ALEX LOUIS ARMSTRONG, THE STRONG ARM ALCHEMIST[/color][/HEADING]
[HEADING=1][color]His manliness has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations[/color][/HEADING]​
Definitely Armstrong

The Wykydtron said:
I'll throw a new one in here and say Gamagori from Kill la Kill, he *is* Satsuki-sama's living shield after all. He actually scales in height from scene to scene just so he's always the biggest and manliest thing in the room. Also, that voice acting though. The first thing he does is jump off a building just to mock a guy who uses the stairs in an attempt to escape him with a huge booming laugh (also mirrored later on for extra awesomeness.) The fucks he does not give...

He's not actually this huge you understand, the room is just to small to show off his true manliness.
I can't agree with this. When I think manly I don't think of a guy who is completely whipped... get it? He whips himself in his bdsm suit? No? Okay...

I think of a man of punches things, and punches things in a manly fashion.

Sean Hollyman said:
I can definitely say Kamina is somewhere high on the list. He does shit that is physically impossible because he believes it is possible. Straight up. You tell this guy "no you cannot possibly break a boulder with your bare hand" he will do it just to spite you while inspiring everyone around you to do the same.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Gotta jump on that Armstrong bandwagon. I thought he would be on the poll when I read the thread title.

Aerosteam said:
[HEADING=1][color]ALEX LOUIS ARMSTRONG, THE STRONG ARM ALCHEMIST[/color][/HEADING]
[HEADING=1][color]His manliness has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations[/color][/HEADING]​

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Maes Hughes.

We have a different definition of manliness, apparently. To me, 'manly' also includes being a good father and being competent, rational and reasonable.

In fact, I think that the manliest character in all of fiction is Atticus Finch.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Drizzitdude said:
Definitely Armstrong

The Wykydtron said:
I'll throw a new one in here and say Gamagori from Kill la Kill, he *is* Satsuki-sama's living shield after all. He actually scales in height from scene to scene just so he's always the biggest and manliest thing in the room. Also, that voice acting though. The first thing he does is jump off a building just to mock a guy who uses the stairs in an attempt to escape him with a huge booming laugh (also mirrored later on for extra awesomeness.) The fucks he does not give...

He's not actually this huge you understand, the room is just to small to show off his true manliness.
I can't agree with this. When I think manly I don't think of a guy who is completely whipped... get it? He whips himself in his bdsm suit? No? Okay...

I think of a man of punches things, and punches things in a manly fashion.

Sean Hollyman said:
I can definitely say Kamina is somewhere high on the list. He does shit that is physically impossible because he believes it is possible. Straight up. You tell this guy "no you cannot possibly break a boulder with your bare hand" he will do it just to spite you while inspiring everyone around you to do the same.
Dear me the picture train. Anyway, Kamina won the thread by default the second it was created.
Do you even die in battle then come back from the dead by sheer force of will and avenge yourself? He was dead the whole time by the way, look at the Gurren icon in Simon's cockpit. It's pure black the whole time with no signs of life. It's why I really like the English dub version of Kamina, the original Japanese Kamina was just as good if not better but there's just something about that Episode 8 that elevates his English version. Instead of just going pure epic with the Giga Drill Breaker like the original, English Kamina goes for this last ditch shout attempt type thing, like listen to how he pronounces "break" it's the sound of a man who is pouring every last scrap of life he has left into winning this battle. It's heartbreaking really, I cri evy tiem.

Back to my Gamagori example, sorry you're basing a Kill la Kill character manliness level by their clothing? I don't think you thought that through but if you're sure... The sheer dedication to the whole living shield thing is manly enough for me alongside the fact that he actually tried to fight Satsuki when they first met. No mere human fights Satsuki, it's practically suicide.

You know what, Ryouko was actually really manly herself at times. True manliness is a state of mind that has no care for genders, not just how hard you can punch things.

Remember when she ripped her own skin off with nothing but her bare hands in order to get out of Junketsu?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You're all wrong!

Kintaro Oe from Golden Boy is the ultimate man.

Has any other man ever rode his bike across power lines just to get a piece of ass? I think not.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Aerosteam said:
[HEADING=1][color]ALEX LOUIS ARMSTRONG, THE STRONG ARM ALCHEMIST[/color][/HEADING][HEADING=1][color]His manliness has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations[/color][/HEADING]​
I don't know what anime this is from, but this is the correct answer.

EDIT: I should have noticed the word 'ALCHEMIST' in big black letters. DERP.
Rellik San said:
ZARAKI KENPACHI!
This is also a good answer. Loved Kenpachi, my favourite character in Bleach by far. Grimmjow was pretty badass as well.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Considering your avatar series it is obviously D-

... I'll give you points Dio for a couple of things, but I'm still going with the Jojo bloodline. Especially with Jonathan and Joseph Joestar.

Add the story, music, and poses and you get literal awesome wrapped nicely in a box.
Although considering manliness I may debate this.

Michael Legault

Feb 27, 2013
Zoro from One Piece, when he is totally outclassed by Mihawk near the beginning he admits defeat and bares his chest to his opponent, and takes a huge wound because taking one to the back would make him look like a *****. He then goes on to fuck up some fish men shortly after while bandaged and nowhere near healed, Arlong even sees the wound and looses his shit, he's even nice to the ladies, he never fights one seriously and has a soft spot for Tashigi. And he's always hating on Sanji's womanizing ways.

Honorable mention to Toriko, he doesn't get enough otaku love but he is another paragon of manliness.

sc1arr1

May 1, 2013
I'd have to go with Armstrong.. oh, or Elfman (alfman?) from Fairy tail.. BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MAN!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009

Gotta be Guts. He fights demons and monsters with no superpowers except for stubbornness and rage. When it comes to manliness, it's hard to top a guy who rips his own arm off(after not quite being able to cut through it with a broken sword) so that he can get back into the fight against a newly born evil god.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Happiness Assassin said:
Who else but...

Kenshiro of Fist of the North Star. Able to make people's heads explode, protector of the innocent to a fault, and has an iconic battle cry.

Fun fact:

Setting aside it's weeaboo ancestry (basically saying it's a manga and anime) the /tg/ section of 4chan consider it to be one of the manliest shows in existence.

I can't think of a better recommendation.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Armstrong and Kamina are definitely up there, but I am going to have to give it to Joseph Joestar. He's just too fucking fabulous.

If you know the story of the character, you know he's the ultimate man. He overcame staggering odds with little-to-no resources and did so with style.

Dec 14, 2009
People are picking someone other tha Joseph Joestar?!

Your next next line is going to be... 'How can someone as fabulous as JoJo be the most manliest character?'

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
How can someone as fabulous as JoJo be the most manliest character?

*shocked gasp*

HOW DID YOU KNOW, DAYSTAR?

Seriously, do you see a MANLY STAT there? Noooooooo. >.>
Therefore, he can't be manly or the most manly character. <.<

But hey, I can do it to! Your next line is going be... "But fabulousness is equal to manliness."

Dec 14, 2009
Terratina. said:
Fabulous snip
But fabulousness is equal to manliness.

THE JOJO IS STRONG IN THIS ONE.

Your next line will be... 'You're right, Daystar, how could I have been so blind?'

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
If by manliest, we mean, most likely to counter the argument that all anime heroes are effeminate teenage boys, I'm torn between Jotaro, Kenshiro, or Guts, mainly because of the style of their artists.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The lack of Zengar from Super Robot War is dissapointing, his theme override everthing!
Well ok I'm not that hufe of an SRW fan (I hated the game but I did watched the anime) so my real answer is either Guts, any of the "Jojo"'s, Zoro or Kamina.