Poll: Mario Gets a Sex Change

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
oplinger said:
...I don't think that's what a female mario would look like. ..Maybe like his daughter. ...If she wanted to be a hooker at an anime convention.

I just figure mario would dress more...practical. Even after he sliced off his penis.

I think it may just be the socks...and the ungodly amount of frills...

But yeah I would go the daughter route with the drawing...since it's Japanese I guess she doesn't have to be a hooker... but it just fits better that way imo
Eh? Are you one of those people that thinks the visibility of any skin (and I mean really, you see a tiny portion of her thighs because she's jumping in a super cute dress) is attention seeking and sexual? Oh my gosh, someone is wearing a dress and long socks! Sweet Jesus. What a whore.

If you seriously think her attire makes her look anything like a hooker (you've never seen a hooker), I fear to my very core what you must think young girls looks like in their clothes.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
ravenshrike said:
Clearing the Eye said:

I can't be the only one that thinks she looks fucking awesome. If they made a game with her in it, I'd buy it just to watch her animations - she's adorable! Ignoring all nostalgia for the mustached plumber, do you think Maria looks better than her male equivalent?
I'm pretty sure female plumbers still wear pants.
I'm pretty sure plumbers don't go on fantastical adventures, battle monsters and save princesses.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Why does a sex change make you so much younger?

Anyways, I wanna see a game about the black Mario first:

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Not gonna lie, when I first saw the thread title, I yelled "CURSES RULE 63".

IDK... I cant really see a mario game with... Maria...

Maybe a game where we are introduced to Mario's sister Maria (which we never knew about and it would be played as a joke with Luigi)...

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I don't have anything against the concept itself, but that specific "Maria"? Nah...

The best thing about Mario in my opinion is that he's kind of strange and a-typical for a video game protagonist, he's a fat moustached plumber. We have enough "cute" type cartoon girls, it'd be cooler and more appropriate as a female Mario if she was fatter and older looking, and wearing overalls or something instead of a dress.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
AHHHHHHHHH. Kill it with fire!!!

In other words: No. Why is everyone so fascinated with the idea of creating a counterpart to a famous character. Said character will always stay in the shadow of the original. Look at Luigi for God's sake.

This is the equivilant of having a female Kratos. It just doesn't work (However hard the Heavenly sword tried)

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I prefer Mario, because that's what I'm used to and he looks more original. I'm pretty much apathetic towards this Rule 63 version of him.

I like this better anyway, especially the designs of female Wario and Waluigi.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
I can't say I'm a huge fan of Mario to begin with so maybe not the best judge, but it looks too much like an animes. And I don't understand why she's so much younger than Mario is. I can't see any particular reason not to do this, I guess, can't see much reason to do it either. Would just be the same game but with a slightly different looking main character, no?

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Clearing the Eye said:
oplinger said:
...I don't think that's what a female mario would look like. ..Maybe like his daughter. ...If she wanted to be a hooker at an anime convention.

I just figure mario would dress more...practical. Even after he sliced off his penis.

But yeah I would go the daughter route with the drawing...since it's Japanese I guess she doesn't have to be a hooker... but it just fits better that way imo
Eh? Are you one of those people that thinks the visibility of any skin (and I mean really, you see a tiny portion of her thighs because she's jumping in a super cute dress) is attention seeking and sexual? Oh my gosh, someone is wearing a dress and long socks! Sweet Jesus. What a whore.

If you seriously think her attire makes her look anything like a hooker (you've never seen a hooker), I fear to my very core what you must think young girls looks like in their clothes.
Very nice try, really gold star on that one. However it's not "any bit of skin" its the fact she's wearing what resembles nylons, or hooker boots (which are a real thing)

Also I based my description in anime. Hookers can be whatever they want in anime. And frequently are...

Sorry I didn't like the picture and all.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
if they replace mario with her, no
if she is some sort sibling or cousin then she could be kinda cool

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
Scarim Coral said:
Sorry but am I the only one who see that image as a young Mario crossdressing?
You see that?

*squints*

Nope. Still don't see it, lol.
Well I see it and I'm inclined to agree with him / her. The right baby-face and cross-dressing and drag generally become easy, this is no different. Personally however I would love it if in the next Mario game they included a separate mode called Maria, similar to what they did with Luigi in the original Super Mario Galaxy 1 with Luigi. Just change the text from Mario to Maria and thats that. Also change the princess to a prince named something similar to Peach, or just keep Peach. I'd also love it if Mario had to save a prince for once and that was also a option but baby-steps mate, baby-steps. OK and a option to make Mario slightly skinnier, I'm sorry but he is just a fatty in the 3D games and not in the cute way.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Relish in Chaos said:
I like this better anyway, especially the designs of female Wario and Waluigi.
I voted yes but I love this one.
Mabye a game that uses this and changes some core mechanics of mario to make the game feel fresher and the transition smoother while still holding the mario IP in a safe place.

Captcha: look before crossing... I can't stop laughing.

EDIT: no sex change, just some plot convenient reason that has no depth.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Why is female Mario ten years old? It's a fun exercise, but I think there's a lot more interesting ways to go about it. The designs on the first page are a good example of that.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Nah, too Anime-like character even I know saying that sound very wrong...

IF Nintendo want to make this specific major change in the franchise, I think they must find a design that will not make furious the hardcore fans of the series......

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
She looks OK for a char and could be introduced but I think I'd rather play Mario :)

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
oplinger said:
Clearing the Eye said:
oplinger said:

Very nice try, really gold star on that one. However it's not "any bit of skin" its the fact she's wearing what resembles nylons, or hooker boots (which are a real thing)

Also I based my description in anime. Hookers can be whatever they want in anime. And frequently are...

Sorry I didn't like the picture and all.
Hooker boots? Um, you can see her socks right down to the ankle.

Apology accepted, I guess.