Poll: Mario Gets a Sex Change

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
Mr.K. said:
Seems pretty much the same to me.
However I have a sneaking suspicion this picture is two shots away from upskirt and cleavage, plus that ass spanking pokemon makes me wonder what you are actually looking for...
It's Pichu! World's cutest Pokemon D:

How dare you suggest such filth, sir!

On a more serious note: I don't see anything even mildly erotic about that picture. She just looks fun and spunky to me--like you'd see a younger niece.
I'm happy to leave Mario as he is. Fat guys have got to be represented by someone in gaming.

Also I agree with people that it looks a little fanservice with the stockings and suchlike if she was wearing dungarees that would be better.

I like the picture the other person posted its very cool especially the Princes

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Mr.K. said:
Seems pretty much the same to me.
However I have a sneaking suspicion this picture is two shots away from upskirt and cleavage, plus that ass spanking pokemon makes me wonder what you are actually looking for...
It's Pichu! World's cutest Pokemon D:

How dare you suggest such filth, sir!

On a more serious note: I don't see anything even mildly erotic about that picture. She just looks fun and spunky to me--like you'd see a younger niece.
I'm happy to leave Mario as he is. Fat guys have got to be represented by someone in gaming.

Also I agree with people that it looks a little fanservice with the stockings and suchlike if she was wearing dungarees that would be better.

I like the picture the other person posted its very cool especially the Princes
I'm not feeling the fan service vibe. She just looks playful and young to me, like a boyish girl that's still a little girly. Makes what some have been saying seem quite true--better as a younger sister than a replacement.

I worry with all the sexism stuff in the forum lately, some of us are beginning to think any form of pretty attire or the ability to see any skin at all is some form of objectification. Some girls just like to wear those socks and if wearing a dress instead of less "female" clothing becomes a concern, we're making gender rules to combat gender rules.

It's like that damn Pink song (sorry for the tangent) where the video basically tells us girls should put down the dolls and play football and ditch the dresses. Some girls happen to like dolls and some women happen to want to wear dresses. Some men (like me) played with Barbie growing up and some guys wear dresses. Rather than stay on message and let women and men act, dress and be whatever they want, we're going out of our way to tell people to defy the molds we dislike. We've become so concerned with gender politics that we're becoming part of the problem. /rant :p

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Clearing the Eye said:

I can't be the only one that thinks she looks fucking awesome. If they made a game with her in it, I'd buy it just to watch her animations - she's adorable! Ignoring all nostalgia for the mustached plumber, do you think Maria looks better than her male equivalent?
Looks like a generic anime girl in a Mario hat.

Female Mario should look like Roseanne:

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
HardkorSB said:
Clearing the Eye said:

I can't be the only one that thinks she looks fucking awesome. If they made a game with her in it, I'd buy it just to watch her animations - she's adorable! Ignoring all nostalgia for the mustached plumber, do you think Maria looks better than her male equivalent?
Looks like a generic anime girl in a Mario hat.

Female Mario should look like Roseanne:

Oh god no! Why did you remind me of that laugh! *shiver*

Ashannon Blackthorn

Sep 5, 2011
I don't mind the "Maria" one. Just looks a bit chibi to me. But no biggy. However I rather like the group photo ones more. I think they look a bit more like the "spirit" of the orginal while keeping the whole gender switch. Though I dislike the mario one in the that the most.... the Luigi looks like the shy ol spinster and the Wario/Waluigi ones are hilarious and even more fitting to "They females but not the stereotypical sex objects" stuff you tend to get.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Be interesting to see a game where Mario and Maria swap worlds, having to navigate a strange new environment to get home.

Ceil-Sama

Oct 29, 2008
If it was completely unrelated to the Mario series, and that Maria was...I dunno, a pastry chef, maybe. But then that wouldn't be a Mario game, would it?

So no, I don't think I'd play a game like that. A dress like that would most likely go everywhere, and I doubt that anyone would like to flash Bowser while trying to kick his(her?) ass. And trying to wash crap out of stockings...she'd be better off buying new ones every day.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Clearing the Eye said:

I can see the possibility.... In the same way that a female link would be cool.
Actually, I think that Legend of Zelda games should just come with a gender switcher, like Dragon Age or Mass effect.

Oh wait, relevancy. There'd have to be a prince peach then, wouldn't there? It'd be nice to see nintendo make something even a small as this different after 15 years of EXACTLY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER, so yeah, I think they should go for it.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
oplinger said:
Clearing the Eye said:
oplinger said:
...I don't think that's what a female mario would look like. ..Maybe like his daughter. ...If she wanted to be a hooker at an anime convention.

I just figure mario would dress more...practical. Even after he sliced off his penis.

I think it may just be the socks...and the ungodly amount of frills...

But yeah I would go the daughter route with the drawing...since it's Japanese I guess she doesn't have to be a hooker... but it just fits better that way imo
Eh? Are you one of those people that thinks the visibility of any skin (and I mean really, you see a tiny portion of her thighs because she's jumping in a super cute dress) is attention seeking and sexual? Oh my gosh, someone is wearing a dress and long socks! Sweet Jesus. What a whore.

If you seriously think her attire makes her look anything like a hooker (you've never seen a hooker), I fear to my very core what you must think young girls looks like in their clothes.
Very nice try, really gold star on that one. However it's not "any bit of skin" its the fact she's wearing what resembles nylons, or hooker boots (which are a real thing)

Also I based my description in anime. Hookers can be whatever they want in anime. And frequently are...

Sorry I didn't like the picture and all.
Umm...What? Dude, that's actually totally innaccurate to the image, It's like you're describing a different picture. I don't know what kind of nylons you've been looking at, but I'm fairly sure most mylons aren't brown, round and, well, shoes. Knee high stripy socks, again, thats not something most hookers wear, it's a fashion thing that a lot of girls not commited to working in the sex industry wear too. So what, was it the short sleeves and the fact that you can see her *Egads* elbows that made you think prostitute, or just the fact it's drawn in an anime style?
Seriously dude, there is barely any skin showing at all, especially around the legs and it doesn't look remotely sexual. Everything that you've said makes no sense. Feel free to dislike the picture and/or the concept, but don't just make stuff up for the purpose of improving your argument.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
votemarvel said:
Be interesting to see a game where Mario and Maria swap worlds, having to navigate a strange new environment to get home.
That's perfect, in my last post I said some plot convinient reason with no real depth and this is the perfect reason.
You could have Mario running around some new kingdom and Maria conquering the old one in a new way.
Quickly we must ride and tell Nintendo.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
oplinger said:
Clearing the Eye said:
oplinger said:
...I don't think that's what a female mario would look like. ..Maybe like his daughter. ...If she wanted to be a hooker at an anime convention.

I just figure mario would dress more...practical. Even after he sliced off his penis.

But yeah I would go the daughter route with the drawing...since it's Japanese I guess she doesn't have to be a hooker... but it just fits better that way imo
Eh? Are you one of those people that thinks the visibility of any skin (and I mean really, you see a tiny portion of her thighs because she's jumping in a super cute dress) is attention seeking and sexual? Oh my gosh, someone is wearing a dress and long socks! Sweet Jesus. What a whore.

If you seriously think her attire makes her look anything like a hooker (you've never seen a hooker), I fear to my very core what you must think young girls looks like in their clothes.
Very nice try, really gold star on that one. However it's not "any bit of skin" its the fact she's wearing what resembles nylons, or hooker boots (which are a real thing)

Also I based my description in anime. Hookers can be whatever they want in anime. And frequently are...

Umm...What? Dude, that's actually totally innaccurate to the image, It's like you're describing a different picture. I don't know what kind of nylons you've been looking at, but I'm fairly sure most mylons aren't brown, round and, well, shoes. Knee high stripy socks, again, thats not something most hookers wear, it's a fashion thing that a lot of girls not commited to working in the sex industry wear too. So what, was it the short sleeves and the fact that you can see her *Egads* elbows that made you think prostitute, or just the fact it's drawn in an anime style?
Seriously dude, there is barely any skin showing at all, especially around the legs and it doesn't look remotely sexual. Everything that you've said makes no sense. Feel free to dislike the picture and/or the concept, but don't just make stuff up for the purpose of improving your argument.
Boy, I feel like I was trolling now, and I wasn't even aiming at that. At first glance, that's what I saw. Stuck with it for humor purposes.

I'm not really interested in the amount of skin showing, that's not what would make it sexual anyway. I didn't even say it was sexual. I was using hyperbole.

Really though, she doesn't represent anything about mario, if mario got a sex change, at least artistically he should still represent mario, just as a girl. This is not anything representative of mario other than his hat.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
oplinger said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
oplinger said:
Clearing the Eye said:
oplinger said:

Boy, I feel like I was trolling now, and I wasn't even aiming at that. At first glance, that's what I saw. Stuck with it for humor purposes.

I'm not really interested in the amount of skin showing, that's not what would make it sexual anyway. I didn't even say it was sexual. I was using hyperbole.

Really though, she doesn't represent anything about mario, if mario got a sex change, at least artistically he should still represent mario, just as a girl. This is not anything representative of mario other than his hat.
I'm not sure he literally meant a sex change, I don't think the world is ready for a trans sexual mario... But I see your point. To an extent.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Isn't this already a thing? I think it was called "The Great Giana Sisters", and they actually came up with a revival that made it to the DS, and might still be on American store shelves somewhere.

As for "Maria"... eh, there's something a little creepy about her.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
votemarvel said:
I want it... Nintendo... Have my money! Make it!

SpectacularWebHead said:
Oh wait, relevancy. There'd have to be a prince peach then, wouldn't there? It'd be nice to see nintendo make something even a small as this different after 15 years of EXACTLY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER, so yeah, I think they should go for it.
Nintendo and change in the same sentence? WebHead you mad old bastard.

2HF said:

Clearly I win. Where do I collect my prize?
Minus 10,000,000 points! I hate large breasts, lol.

McMarbles said:
Isn't this already a thing? I think it was called "The Great Giana Sisters", and they actually came up with a revival that made it to the DS, and might still be on American store shelves somewhere.

As for "Maria"... eh, there's something a little creepy about her.
Oh yes, the Sisters. Can't believe Nintendo let them get away with that all those years ago, lol. *memories*

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Well, since Mario's themes and characters are supposed to relate to Alice in Wonderland, it would kind of make more sense but then they'd have to do something about princess peach

felbot

May 11, 2011
nope, needs a mustache, definitely more mustache, how the fuck are you gonna have a Mario game without his pimp mustache? ridiculous.