Poll: Mass Effect: Which character class is your favourite?

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Personally, I like to play the Soldier class. Not only does it mesh well with my RP'ing style (Knight in Shining Armor), but IMO it's the most straightforward of the classes: Point gun towards enemy, activate Adrenaline Rush, pull trigger, win. Also, it's the only class in ME2 that can equip my favourite gun in the game: The M76 Revenant.

BTW, I haven't gotten ME3 yet. Just thought I'd let ya know. No spoilers, plz.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
What the hell is Bastion? Some subtle advertisement for the game?

Soldier class, I like having all my weapons available at once. Though the multiplayer has taught me that the Engineer is useful.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Terminate421 said:
What the hell is Bastion? Some subtle advertisement for the game?

Soldier class, I like having all my weapons available at once. Though the multiplayer has taught me that the Engineer is useful.
I think he meant Sentinel. Bastion was a sub-class of Sentinel in ME1, if I remember correctly.

And I too have to go with Soldier as I like being the grunt with all the weapons. However, I preferred playing Vanguard in ME3 multiplayer.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Soldier for me. The AI of your squadmates sucks balls when it comes to shooting their weapon, but is very accurate with their abilities, so I relegate them to casting as I handle all the shooty bits.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Engineer.

Bear in mind, I formed most of my opinions on this in ME2, which I still think is the overall best game of the series.

I used to play sentinel a lot because I figured it was good to have some to deal with anything yourself rather than having to rely on your squadmates and their derpy AI to take down shields or barriers. Plus, when I tried to play an adept I found myself missing the lifesaing properties of tech armour on higher difficulty levels.

Then I played engineer having been turned off tech powers by their mediocreness in ME1, and holy shit.. it was awesome. I went demolisher, I maxed out incinerate, cryogenics and overload and got myself an exploding robot friend, and the entire game was just non-stop power spamming fun. No long cooldowns, lots of dealing massive damage and exploding frozen people with tech combos, and best of all low cost research meant less time spent dragging the scanner around random planets.

It's very difficult to play any other class now.

I find myself wanting to replay my engineer playthrough just because the combat was the most fun. Then again, I'm probably more of a tactical combat person so my definition of fun may be in the minority.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
after playing the games over and over as a solder...

Ive recently found that infiltrator seems to work best for me, since I never even took advantage of the solers special abilities (except for the sniper rifle)

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
For single player infiltrator, but if I am plying on line vanguard mostly. Asari and Krogen kind of switch out between those two.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
Single Player: Vanguard

Multiplayer: An equal bit of each of these - Salarian Engineer, Salarian Infiltrator, Geth Infiltrator, Asari Adept

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
For single-player, Soldier.

Multiplayer, however, it's between Adept (specifically Asari for me) and Infiltrator

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Vanguard since ME1. For some reason, I really like the shotguns in ME (especially the scimitar from ME2 and ME3).

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
I love Soldier: I can use ALL THE GUNS!.

In ME1, it was awesome: Immunity+Overkill+Shield Boost = What "cover-based" shooting? I kill ALL THE THINGS!.

Unfortunately, my idea of putting Explosive Rounds in my Assault Rifle didn't work out well at all.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Vanguard by a mile.

Nothing beats a hyper-aggressive, telekinetic wrecking ball with a shotgun.

In ME3 they were rather overpowered due to being able to fully recharge shields with a charge.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
It depends, In Mass Effect 1 its easily the Adept, due to Biotics being super Overpowered.

In Mass Effect 2 its the Sentinel due to the fact that its a goddamn tank, and can adapt to a lot of playstyles, eg My mate used is Sentinel as a long range support character, I stormed rooms with my Katana Shotgun, dropping synthetics and mercs like they were flies.

And for Mass Effect 3 its the Infiltrator, and when coupled with the Valiant or Black Widow, the Infiltrator becomes impossible to kill

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Tough call... I feel most comfortable between Infiltrator and Vanguard (with a sniper rifle in 3. A maxed-out Black Widow is all I need to get through the game now).

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I've always played as an Engineer, so that's what I've been comfortable with.

But if we're talking about the ME3 Multiplayer, I've been having tons of fun with that, too. Despite it being broken currently, the Krogan Vanguard is still TONS of fun, and I've been having lots of fun with the Drell Vanguard, too. But I've gotta say, since I finally picked up the Carnifex, the Asari Adept and Asari Vanguard are headshot MACHINES.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Spamming powers with 200% cooldowns as the Vanguard is pretty fun. You feel really powerful just constantly flying around the battlefield.

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
Singleplayer: Soldier, the most straight-forward class.

Multiplayer: I'd have to say human engineer. Very comfortable class able to quickly deal with both armor and shields/barrier. Without loosing agility like with the turian sentinel.