Poll: Mass Effect: Which character class is your favourite?

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
In ME1: Soldier. Regenerating Health, and skill in every weapon, as well as heavy armour is really helpful. Since I was the only one that needed to stay alive, this was a must. I let my squad do all the casting - under my command of course.
ME2 and ME3: Vanguard. Charge, and Charge and Nova, were just far too fun to take assured life over them. In ME3 I was able to charge once every 2 seconds, restore half my shield in doing so, and 25% of the time charge twice in a row instantly. My fights didn't use guns. I was the projectile, and the enemies never stood a chance.
In ME2 its a fair bit harder as the Vanguard, and requires more careful charging, but in ME3... Carrying just a shotgun with Frag Rounds, I was literally a Biotic Wrecking Ball.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Infiltrator or Sentinel. Infiltrator for the slowdown sniper, and Sentinel for not fucking dying.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Wakikifudge said:
Spamming powers with 200% cooldowns as the Vanguard is pretty fun. You feel really powerful just constantly flying around the battlefield.
I only like to play the Vanguard in multiplayer and at that I never play human. I don't know I just find the human Vanguard to be more boring than any cover based class. That being said being blind sighted by a turret for the 60th time doesn't help.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Soldier all the way, but right now i'm playing them all again as a femshep Vanguard. MP wise i do a bit of everthing.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Wayneguard said:
Vanguard since ME1. For some reason, I really like the shotguns in ME (especially the scimitar from ME2 and ME3).
Exactly this, except replace "Scimitar", which is utter shit, with "Claymore", which is God in gun form.

Vanguard is and always has been my favorite class, especially once they added Biotic Charge in ME2.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
In Mass Effect, I played pretty much exclusively Soldier since the guns were already so overpowered.

Once they changed up the engine in ME2 and ME3, I branched out a lot. Soldier is still good, but it's not the wrecking ball that it was in ME1.

In ME2 I was a big fan of the Infiltrator. The slowdown mechanic really improved sniping. I also played the Engineer, which is probably my favorite class in the game.

ME3 I've done Vanguard, Adept, and Engineer and am working on Infiltrator. Vanguard was broken in ME3, but broken in a way I like. I think it should feel like an unstoppable juggernaut and that's how it plays. I also really like the increased focus on Biotic Explosions.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Change "Bastion" to "Sentinel" in the poll. Bastion is a specialization of the Adept and Sentinel in ME1, not a class.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Soldier. More Dakka is always good. Screw the weight system in ME3 though, I wasn't going to let those damn cooldowns stop me from bringing my arsenal with me!

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
The Vanguard, Charge and then blast the shit out of everything with a shotgun.
In 3 Nova is just a god-send, you can spam that and take no damage

Adept is my second favourite, especially when cooldown for most powers is low

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
My first Shepard has been an Adept and I still love that class. Tho nothing can compare to zipping around the battlefield, smashing into anything that moves until noone is left standing.

Bonus points for the multiplayer Krogan Battlemaster, who mixes this with laughing maniacally and punching enemies across the room between charges.

Also, I like the Salarian Engineer in a good match vs. Geth.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Engineers 4 lyfe!

Drone/Decoy are absolute boss, are on a short cooldown, you don't have to baby them, and they do hefty amounts of damage while you're not looking. Combine that with chain overload and it becomes blatantly overpowered.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
On single player, Infiltrator is my favorite.

It does not suit my multiplayer playstyle at all though. Vanguard for that, at least for now.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
There is no more satisfying feeling than using the Infiltrator to score a headshot with every round as fast as the rifle is capable of firing. The Soldier's only real distinction is his/her ability to use an assault rifle, and since any class can use any weapon in ME3, I much prefer to have the reaction speed of the Infiltrator. Second best would be an Adept who can spam biotic powers.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Infiltrator. The king of long range, with better than average ability in melee, there's a build for almost any playstyle.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Terminate421 said:
What the hell is Bastion? Some subtle advertisement for the game?
Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I'd change it back to Sentinel, but it won't let me for some reason.