Poll: Mass Effect: Which character class is your favourite?

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
ME1 soldier, ME2- adept, ME3- engineer. Engineer felt the best balanced of the classes in ME3, overload was just so damn useful. I like the fact they balanced cooldown time with weapon loadout, I had a fun time taking down shields & barriers with overload then taking heads off with the black widow, while keeping a lightweight assault rifle for backup. Incinerate was a terrific attack against unshielded enemies, so working the two in tandem really paid off. The combat drone also provided a useful enemy distraction in heavy firefights, kinda like having an extra half of a squad member. Only downside was the health was a little stingy, but if you kept moving, it wasn't too much of an issue. All bases neatly covered

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
adept, because who doesn't like telekinetic powers of slamming people into walls... second up is the infiltrator, just because of stupidly overpowered stealth sniping shots

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Adept, because who doesn't love biotic explosions? Admittedly they were a bit crap in ME2, but they get much stronger in ME3.

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
Adept because their move set I find overall more fun. Vangaurds are ok but I'm overall not a fan of shotguns in any game really.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
It depends which game I'm playing.

ME1: Soldier. Only class that can use all weapons. Only class that can wear heavy armour, and biotic/tech powers aren't great in ME1 anyway.

ME2: Adept. Warp and Singularity never failed to be awesome, and sub-machine guns kicked ass.

ME3: Vanguard. Charge + Nova + Eviscerator Shotgun + Cryo rounds = instant satisfaction.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Anyone who says anything other than Vanguard is wrong.
So many wrong people in this thread.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
ME 1: Adept, Singularity and Lift were obscenely overpowered in the first game.

ME 2: Infiltrator, the cloak-snipe combo was just too good to pass up.

Me 3: I've only played Engineer, Infiltrator, Soldier, and Adept. I liked the Soldier the least since they nerfed the crap out of Adrenaline Rush, Infiltrator is still one of my favorites though in ME 3 it really is a one trick pony: cloak - snipe - cloak - snipe etc...but damn is it a powerful trick :p. I liked Engineer and Adept because they have fantastic crowd control. With the Engineer you chuck out your turret and combat drone and then just sit back as they mop up everything in sight. However, I still gotta say I think that Adept is the best class in ME 3. Double Lift AND Double Throw? Yeah...gg.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Vanguard! Not for biotic charge but shockwave, especially combined with stasis bubble nothing like launching dudes into orbit or off cliffs so many many cliffs

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
Melee geth infiltrator is so amazing in multiplayer. It is fun and does so much damage.

As for single player? I haven't tried it yet. I need to find my mass effect 2 disc and replay that before I play the single player. That and I am holding out for the extended ending

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
For single player i like playing as a soldier, i love the flexibility of having weapon choice.
However for multiplayer me3 going a soldier is pretty boring so probably adept or sentinel.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Anyone who says anything other than Vanguard is wrong.
So many wrong people in this thread.
Hello, gamers, look at your Shepard, now back to mine, now back at your Shepard, now back to mine. Sadly, she isn?t mine, but if she stopped being a lame class like Soldier and switched to Vanguard, she could fight like she?s mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You?re on Tuchanka, surrounded by Brutes. What?s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it?s a shotgun with Brute blood on the bayonet. Look again, the Brutes have been beaten to death. Anything is possible when your Shepard fights like a Vanguard and not a Soldier. I?m punching an Atlas Mech.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
For stupid Fun? Krogan Vanguard

For Racking up cash? Salarian Engineer.

When no one takes the risky job? Geth Infiltrator

When the previous too have are already in use? Soldier/Sentinel

Same as before but with an Adept in the group? Asari Justicar/ Adept, to compliment the explosions.

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
Sentinel. I enjoy playing with both Biotics and Tech, and it gives me some of the best of both worlds, plus in 2 and 3 solid enough combat skills. In 1, on a play through after the first a Sentinel with a Sniper Rifle or an Assault Rifle could hold up quite well too, and even without the better weapons, was still totally survivable. The ability to strip all defenses, while maintaining solid defenses of your own is quite nice. I'll admit I rather missed the loss of the Medic option from 1, since I enjoyed playing that role, but... I can understand where 'The Hero of the Citadel' is unlikely to be a combat medic as their primary focus, and can see thematic reasons to choose to drop it...though I still enjoyed playing as such.

I also enjoyed Vanguard, though not as much. Soldier was...somewhat meh for me, though in 2 it was much more enjoyable than in 1. In 1...it felt like I had no real reason to bother playing Soldier, since I could just as easily be something else and be as good at the same thing anyhow...'Yay, I shoot guns good...so does everyone else...congrats'. Adrenaline Rush and the Ammo Powers made things a bit more interesting there in 2, though I still found it less interesting to play than Sentinel or Vanguard. Adept... mostly felt like I didn't really need that many Biotic powers, when I could do just fine with Sentinel or Vanguard...and I tend to prefer multi focus characters anyhow. Engineer and Infiltrator just never gelled for me... I tried them, but found their play style uninteresting. Engineer wasn't that bad, but... I mostly felt like a Sentinel that forgot how to Warp. The lack of the same level of defense stripping and the lack of the whole 'Gravity is my friend and not yours' deal just made it less interesting. Plus, I already had Tali filling a similar Tech primary role there often, or someone else if she wasn't available.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
My top two for each game:
Mass Effect: Vanguard and Adept (more or less even)
Mass Effect 2: Vanguard and Engineer (big edge to the Vanguard)
Mass Effect 3: Vanguard and Adept (bnother big edge to the Vanguard)

Playing as a Vanguard with Liara as a squad member in the game is just unfair to the poor enemies.