Poll: Men only subject - do you shave?

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
I'm in the Army so I shave everyday. If I'm in the field I use an electric razor, when I'm in garrison I use a razor.

Dec 14, 2009
Bertylicious said:
Daystar Clarion said:
While I'm at work, I shave fortnightly (it's not a particualry formal job, otherwise it would be weekly).

When I'm not at work, I don't bother shaving until a social event whereby formal attire is required.

I use a razor.

Rocking some manly stubble at the moment, although I'll be shaving it at the end of this week.
You shave fortnightly!? We are talking about the hair on your face, right?

I shave every other day but also have a chinstrap beard because I have a freakishly small head and longish hair. It helps define my chin and the shape of my face.
My facial hair doesn't grow particularly quickly.

Thick enough, just not very quick.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
I rock a full beard all the time these days. I used to shave every other day up until a few years ago when I hit 30, then I just said fuck it and let it grow. I do keep it trimmed, so I don't look like a hobo. The only area I do shave often is my neck. I just try to keep it neat and tidy.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Beards are gross.

I'll let a bit of rougish-looking scruff grow in, and then its all shaved off.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I shave at least once a week. 2-3 times usually. I can usually last about 2 days of not shaving before it starts looking unpresentable for business or social situations. If I'm feeling particularly lazy I can wait a week before shaving without trimming first becomes a pain, both physically, and in terms of effort.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Voxgizer said:
I've been known to let my goatee swing freely from time to time.

Feels good, man. Hope the picture isn't gigantic.

I generally save the other areas once a week or so.
I wish I could get mine that long; longest I've managed was about 5", which was able to cover my throat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151413681565132&set=t.664585131&type=3&theater

Catpcha: beautiful friendship... I guess the internet is telling us we should be beard buddies?

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
Aerodyamic said:
Voxgizer said:

I wish I could get mine that long; longest I've managed was about 5", which was able to cover my throat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151413681565132&set=t.664585131&type=3&theater

Catpcha: beautiful friendship... I guess the internet is telling us we should be beard buddies?
It took me a little over a year to let it get that long.

Captcha might be right. Beard buddies are always good.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I am stuck in an uncomfortable middle ground when it comes to shaving. I hate shaving, it is a fucking chore and a half, I shave every 2 days. I would grow it out, but it gets to a certain point that it starts itching really badly. People have said to me that that goes away after a while, but last year I grew it out for about 3 weeks, it being unbearably itchy for the majority of that time, it was a pleasure to finally get rid of that beard when I had to go back to work.

So, I shave because I have to. But I don't like it.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
I maintain a moustache and goatee at present and keep the rest shaven every few days (if I did it every day I'd go through razors faster than I make money, my facial hair grows very fast and is like barbed wire).

Too well built for clean shaven makes my face look fat and derpy.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
There's no real set interval between shavings for me. I really only shave when my boss tells me to or when I have to go somewhere fancy. Our contract states we need to be clean-shaven everyday, but my boss fortunately doesn't give much of a fuck. She makes me shave like once every 3-6 months. Left to my own devices (ie back in high school and university), I shaved once a year most years and not at all other years. Too much pointless hassle, really. I don't stand to gain anything from shaving.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I have to be Clean shaven for work but I usually let it grow out on my days off due to laziness. Although even if it wasnt for work I would still shave because my facial hair needs constant trimming and grooming to stay neat.

Broax

May 17, 2010
Bamba said:
Do you shave or let it grow freely?

I shave but only when it grows too much but I rarely shave it all completely. I always leave a bit hair on my face, it makes me feel a bit more manly for some reason.

What about you all?
If I shaved I'd look like a 12 year old... So I leave my beard on and trim it every couple of weeks...

One of my last jobs made me shave and it was horrible! All man should wear a beard! Girls (usually) love it and it makes you feel 15% more badass!

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I keep my beard. I trim it to about 1/2" with my Oster clippers about once a week, and I keep my neckline clean. My girlfriend loves my beard, and so do I!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
KelDG said:
Just break out the hair clippers out every now and again to keep the beard tidy. Margaret Thatcher has a fear of beards you see, and one day I hope to scare her with it.
Angling to get elected as Milk Guardian, I see.

OT: theoretically every other day. I'm lazy though.

Gonna go for Movember this year just as an excuse to beard up. If it looks good, I'll keep it and start trimming instead.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
The puberty forum?

Of course I shave. Once a day or every other day would be the optimum shaving frequency. Three-four days is kinda pushing the limit, as I'm not planning to grow a beard. I've got no facial features to hide.

So for my face it's mostly every other/three days, since I'm somewhat lazy. I do shave my head mostly about every five/ten days though. And then there's the other shavings. Enough testosterone and dihydrotestosterone; too bad I'm not too keen on facial & body hair, as it gets somewhat tiresome after a while to get rid of it.

Epic Bear Man

Feb 5, 2013
My family's genes (for males) actually has a lot of problem growing facial hair. I can grow little patches of hair, so I always shave.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I shave with a safety razor almost every day, although I sometimes let a little stubble grow in when I'm really busy or have a cut on my face that I don't want to irritate.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Voxgizer said:
Aerodyamic said:
Voxgizer said:

It took me a little over a year to let it get that long.

Captcha might be right. Beard buddies are always good.
My beard must grow a bunch slower, then.

I should mention the first rule of being beard buddies, though: no making out, because beard-lock sucks, and trying to un-velcro 2 beards is a terribly frustrating game.

:)

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I found that I have two bald spots under my lower lip (totally symetrical) so I don't grow a beard but I do have a pretty kickass mustache.