Poll: Modern Warfare 2 ending and Modern Warfare 3 discussion (SPOILERS)

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
No matter how much the story was ridiculous, or whatever, it was fun, I really enjoyed the slow-mo scenes, and some missions where everything is just so badass, like in Cliffhanger, where Roach and Soap take out an entire enemy base.

Over_Krill

Nov 16, 2009
Supreme Unleaded said:
open trap said:
Shurikens and Lightning said:
Ok, so for those of you who beat the game I am a bit saddened by the ending. At the end we dont kill Makarov and Roach & Ghost are dead and D.C. is on fire. Im trying to figure out how this will work. Now that Price and Soap are most wanted criminals they will have some problems trying to kill him, its not like they can take a plane ride now since Im sure they wont be a 141 Spec op anymore.

I was also saddened how Ramirez's story just ended abruptly. I feel that the D.C. campaign could have been extended for a longer campaign.

One thing I could not understand was why didnt the spy just shoot makarov there. It seems like that would be the best solution besides IW wanting us to kill civilians. I still want to know what was in the briefcase and what was in the computer. It seems like The general wanted to create a world war just so he could become famous.

Overall I think that for a 6 hour campaign they could have had a lot more story in it.

Finally when they launched the nuke and they are screaming that the submarines doors are open, why did Price say "Good."? They left so many plotholes open it was really dissapointing. Still a great campaign though.
he says good because he launched the nuke. if u didnt skip once the loading screen was done you would have known that
What acually confused me on that was he said it was a nuke, well where did it land, and America was hit with an EMP, where did that come from, and the guy in the space station, he wouldnt have been killed by that nuke, he was WAY too far away from it. Like rightafter the space station part the nuke was never mentioned again.
What are you talking about the nuke was set off in mid air and one of the side effects from a nuke is an EMP blast And the the guy in the space station was killed by the debris from the space station getting blown up from the shock wave which is an another side effect of a nuke.

The reason price did this is to give justification for any US counter attack what do you think is worse a nuke going off over DC killing thousands (fallout/blackouts/food shortages/ect.) or a terrorist attack on an airport killing a few hundred people

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
GuerrillaClock said:
dbrose said:
GuerrillaClock said:
Shepherd will be back with an eye patch, and the transition to Michael Bay film will be complete.
Please GOD no . . .
You say that, but deep down you know it's going to happen.
Yeah that and Makarov will ally with him.

Also, how the hell do they clear their name by killing hundreds of PMC soldiers and then killing a respected general of the US military?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Over_Krill said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
open trap said:
Ok, so for those of you who beat the game I am a bit saddened by the ending. At the end we dont kill Makarov and Roach & Ghost are dead and D.C. is on fire. Im trying to figure out how this will work. Now that Price and Soap are most wanted criminals they will have some problems trying to kill him, its not like they can take a plane ride now since Im sure they wont be a 141 Spec op anymore.

I was also saddened how Ramirez's story just ended abruptly. I feel that the D.C. campaign could have been extended for a longer campaign.

One thing I could not understand was why didnt the spy just shoot makarov there. It seems like that would be the best solution besides IW wanting us to kill civilians. I still want to know what was in the briefcase and what was in the computer. It seems like The general wanted to create a world war just so he could become famous.

Overall I think that for a 6 hour campaign they could have had a lot more story in it.

Finally when they launched the nuke and they are screaming that the submarines doors are open, why did Price say "Good."? They left so many plotholes open it was really dissapointing. Still a great campaign though.
he says good because he launched the nuke. if u didnt skip once the loading screen was done you would have known that
What acually confused me on that was he said it was a nuke, well where did it land, and America was hit with an EMP, where did that come from, and the guy in the space station, he wouldnt have been killed by that nuke, he was WAY too far away from it. Like rightafter the space station part the nuke was never mentioned again.
What are you talking about the nuke was set off in mid air and one of the side effects from a nuke is an EMP blast And the the guy in the space station was killed by the debris from the space station getting blown up from the shock wave which is an another side effect of a nuke.

The reason price did this is to give justification for any US counter attack what do you think is worse a nuke going off over DC killing thousands (fallout/blackouts/food shortages/ect.) or a terrorist attack on an airport killing a few hundred people
Price set the nuke off to fuck up the Russian invasion, I don't think it killed any American civilians, apart from a few who might have been squashed by falling helicopters.

Over_Krill

Nov 16, 2009
miracleofsound said:
Over_Krill said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
open trap said:

Price set the nuke off to fuck up the Russian invasion, I don't think it killed any American civilians, apart from a few who might have been squashed by falling helicopters.
No a large enough nuclear device detonated at 400-500 km (250 to 312 miles)(An altitude that is greater than that of the International Space Station which was close enough to get riped apart by the shock wave) over Kansas would affect all of the continental U.S. and the fallout alone would kill thousands and spread over the world because of the high altitude of the blast. And nothing electrical would work on the east cost of the U.S no cars no power stations no clean water nothing would work. Only a few thousand would die if the U.S was lucky but the number would be higher the.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Supreme Unleaded said:
open trap said:

nukes creat an emp on detonation. he detonated it in the atmosphere causing a wide spread EMP