Poll: Monster Musume Girls!

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
So, the time has come!

Who. is. the. best. Monster Musume. GIRL?!

Both the manga and anime have been out for some time now, so plenty of time exists for favorites to have been picked and developed. Now while there should be no obvious winners (other than Miia of course), I was wondering who the Escapist likes best.

What is Monster Musume you ask?

Here is the Crunchy Roll link to the anime:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/monster-musume-everyday-life-with-monster-girls

And the first episode on Youtube:

So, the contestants are:

Miia

Centorea

Rachnea

Suu

Mero

Papi

Other, Various Examples

So, who gets your vote?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Papi. I always favor the loli girls in these types of stories. Hot, stacked, curvy women and great and all, but I like the cute and playful types myself. Suu is second.

And shame on you for not including Lala. Tsk tsk. She is not going to be nice to your soul when you die now...

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I wanna say Centorea, cause she's the blonde with a huge rack. Not to mention she's got an awesome personality but... I gotta go with Rachnea. My inner masochist is begging me. She's got a nice rack too.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, Fran obviously.

It's one thing to be called a monster girl, it's another for that 'monster' part to actually have merrit.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Not terribly fond of the series, only just enough to keep on reading. That said...Suu.

Same thing with the original My Life With Monster Girl webcomics. I liked Slime most of all, for reasons I'm not sure of.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Why haven't you included Lala, even in the 'others' section? Anyway, it's difficult to pick as there aren't really any girls I dislike so far. Not even Papi, despite the fact that I tend to dislike super-idiot characters. Papi manages to not be annoying most of the time.

Centorea, maybe? Rachnera? I do love the snek... Man, this is hard.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Never read it, never watched it.

Just going on preferences/appearances, i'd say Miia.

The whole, 'I'm a Naga' doesn't really bother me, and probably would be the least bothersome to hang out with then the others who have names.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Well I haven't seen the series yet, nor have I read the manga... Seems a bit unusual really. Still I like Miia, Mero, and Papi the most. As for the best? Well then I'd be picking which one to trade places with, which would definitely be Miia at this point. Still the whole thing seems really fan-servicey to me.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
(watches entire first episode)
No... Still weird.
Though, since I'm a catgirl...

Well, I don't know. I wish someone had told me about those laws sooner. :p
I could've avoided a lot of headaches. XD

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Rachnee is the obvious winner here.

...I...I can even get over my intense fear of spiders! For her sake!

F-For her sake, I too can be a leg man!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Denamic said:
Why haven't you included Lala, even in the 'others' section?
I guessing it cos she hasn't appear in the anime yet but in saying so, why did the OP put Smith in the Other section since she's human?

OT- From out of the girls I seen so far, I kinda leaning toward Mila and Suu. This is from thinking about them overall (personality, apperance and what it's like if they were in my house). Centorea and Rachena are too big, Papi I ain't into loli and I don't own a swimming pool for Mera. Well ok I really want to want Suu as my first favourite bu she is lacking a personality at the moment. She kinda more like a pet at the moment.

In saying so I liked them overall except for Mero. I just don't liked her tragic love point of view.

Lastly heh, I was thinking of making a thread like this in the future but I thought most people are disinterest with the series/ manga to partake in the thread.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Hottest? Miia, of course.

But the one I like the most is definitely Rachnea. Coolest of them all, man.

Secretarial-Humbug

Mar 29, 2013
First off, minor SPOILERS within for the girls...

but then, how much there is to 'spoil' from a fan-service harem comedy manga/anime is kinda up for debate.

As one who legitimately finds Monmus more funny than sexy (yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me either),
there are a few ways to define the "best" monster girl imo.

1- Practicality

In terms of the best practical utilities, like if you had to take one as your Pokemon Yellow Pikachu that follows you, it's either Suu or Rachnera.

Suu is pretty damage resistant, increases her intelligence or size depending on whether she absorbs chemical-rich liquids, eats pretty much anything, can clean dirt off surfaces and detect what food is edible for human consumption, and has saved Darling more times than she's almost accidentally killed him (which in the harem here is saying something).

Rachnera can make/mend clothes on the go, can use bondage arts for pleasure or monetary means (there's a market for it), and can tie up/discipline anyone she likes if they're misbehaving, plus she gets drunk off coffee so you'll never spend loads on alcohol to have a good time with her.

2- Personality

Most believable girl character-wise, and again I know this is stupid for this harem-ham manga because the characters are all pretty one note, Rachnera. Spider-girl wins it hands down. She's smart and isn't utterly besotted by the protagonist, having a bit of the brash exterior/caring interior thing going on in a way that's not massively overbearing, but she does have feelings for him that she's not afraid to make clear. Though physically intimidating, she tries not to hurt others outside her bondage kink indulgences, but is serious about others being honest about how they feel towards her.

3- Preference

I'd take Tio as a girlfriend (2nd in the other/various examples tab by OP). Tall, strong, fashion-conscious, loves sweets, has a full-time job and a little of the clumsy but cute persona? That's all I'd need to come home to.

If I had to chose a "my waifu" though, I'd have to go with horse girl Centorea. The ye olde way she talks is kinky, she has the cutest face when she's embarrassed, is vegetarian and thus a healthy eater, doesn't mind being helped to wash and share bonding time, is the only monster girl with a signature weapon (albeit a fake one), and of course, you can ride her in public without being arrested.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Gotta go with the bondage-Spider Rachnea. She's a Bondage-Spider after all...kinda obvious choice for me. Granted, she's more domineering than I generally prefer but she switches for the opening theme so it's all good. I'm not a creep, honest.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
If I could pick any, it would definitely be Polt.
If I had to pick from any the ones listed in the OP, it would be Manako.
If I had to pick from the main harem, it would be Suu.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Centorea is the obvious best girl. She's smart, strong, loyal, kind hearted, and if you develop a relationship with her she also doubles as a convenient mode of transportation. Mii is a pretty good runner-up though.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Can i defer until we get a look at the octopus girl in the next chapter of the manga?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Rachnee is obviously Based Girl. I mean usually any lamia girl would get top spot immediately but I really like Rachee, her intro scene is probably my favourite scene in the entire thing (in the manga at least, i'm behind on the anime right now but I imagine it's as good.)

Spider girls are coming up to second place in my book now, lamias are still best in general though. I'm still slightly miffed about how the entire spidergirl race got shafted in MGQ for no reason. Well, they were all kind of evil as fuck but Spider Princess was up there in the high tiers... *sigh* A shame really.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Also; I read Chapter 7 today finally. Probably shouldn't have been reading the book on the bus though because I nearly lost it several times, including at the signs for Miia and Miia Mama.

*I'm too old for a booty call.*