Poll: Mother punishes adopted child by forcing him to drink hot sauce

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
I am also a terrible parent because i gave my 8 month old son tobasco sauce. Actually it was this stuff: Kaitaia Fire [http://www.kaitaiafire.com/product.pasp?categoryid=2&productid=3] (highly recommend if you like a sweet and tasty hot sauce with a bit of a difference). Anyhoo, I had forgotten that I had poured this over a sausage I was eating and gave some to my boy to try.
He was very unhappy and I felt terrible -we were trying to feed him yoghurt to neutralise the burn but he wouldn't eat it and kept screaming. No lasting damage though, and it certainly hasn't stopped him eating food off my plate.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
LegendaryGamer0 said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
While the child probably did deserve some sort of punishment, this was stepping over the line of acceptability. I don't think he should be taken away from her though assuming she doesn't do it again, as there's still many children waiting to be adopted.
I have to say... considering the way the woman acted in the video, I think she'll do it again. She could be given a second chance, only if the child agrees though.

Though, she pulls it again, CPS Time.
I agree though considering the sad fact that many older children who need a family never get adopted, it's probably best he stays with her for now rather than risk never having the opportunity to have parents again. I like to think that if I never manage have a biological daughter I'd adopt and so help fight defecit in adoptive parents, but *shrugs* who knows what'll happen.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Does she want to know what is worse than lying and not listening to your teacher??

Torturing your fucking children. Degrading, terrorising, hurting your fucking children.

Give me ten minutes with that **** and I'll teach her a thing or two about fucking hot sauce.

Little kids sometimes lie, little kids sometimes don't do as they told. Adults are expected to know better than to fucking torture children.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
This isn't punishment, it is actually a form of torture. Not even joking, the United Nations definition is:

"any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed..."

An absolute disgrace, this woman should not be allowed kids ever. She is violating the childs basic human rights and the court case should not take long. An absolute disgrace.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
JoJoDeathunter said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
While the child probably did deserve some sort of punishment, this was stepping over the line of acceptability. I don't think he should be taken away from her though assuming she doesn't do it again, as there's still many children waiting to be adopted.
I have to say... considering the way the woman acted in the video, I think she'll do it again. She could be given a second chance, only if the child agrees though.

Though, she pulls it again, CPS Time.
I agree though considering the sad fact that many older children who need a family never get adopted, it's probably best he stays with her for now rather than risk never having the opportunity to have parents again. I like to think that if I never manage have a biological daughter I'd adopt and so help fight defecit in adoptive parents, but *shrugs* who knows what'll happen.
Which is why people like me plan to adopt many children to fight this deficit. No matter the age.

The future is what you make it.

Mitjer

Nov 19, 2009
Considering people have died drinking hot sauce and eating chilli's, she could damage the child's physical health. They should also check the daughter, if she shot the film, she's either doing so for the mother and the thing is set-up, or she's being abused as well.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
I just hope that one day she finds out what it is like when someone bigger than her and stronger than her decides that she needs to be punished.

May it be in jail.

Longer story:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hot-sauce-mom-jessica-beagley-charged-child-abuse/story?id=12796871

baker80

Oct 17, 2008
The worst part isn't the tobasco sauce, that stuff is really fairly mild as spicy sauces go. It doesn't even really hurt.

The worst part is that this woman thought that causing a 7-year old child physical pain and humiliating him like this is an appropriate punishment for whatever a small boy like that could possibly have done.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
That's how we got the dog to stop chewing on the table, put a little hot sauce where they usually chew and they stop.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I voted before I watched the vids, definitely want to change my vote from may have deserved to get the child the fuck away! That was sick... I don't have a problem with the occasional spanking if a child misbehaves (hell it worked on me) but that... that just makes me wanna punch that ***** in the face.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
The fuck is wrong with that woman? That is just wrong on so many levels...

Damn it, There went my good mood.

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah it's pretty bad, but there are far FAR worse things she could have done. For example the hundreds of thousands of kids who literally get beat the fuck up by their parents, beaten with belts/canes, bottled etc etc for no purpose at all (at least this was, in its own messed up way, to teach the kid that lying is wrong). These are the parents who's kids should be taken from them, this is just some harmless hot sauce (heck I do this for fun sometimes) that isn't likely to scar the child for life. Unlike the weekly or even daily physical beatings that some people have to face.

I mean it's obvious she needs to learn some parenting techniques, because this is obviously unacceptable but I put this situation on a much milder level than true child abuse. I dunno I say a social worker makes her attend some mandatory parenting classes as well as weekly checks but she should certainly keep her kid.