Poll: Mother punishes adopted child by forcing him to drink hot sauce

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
With that kind of punishment how do you not expect a child to lie to try to avoid that?
I'm pro bringing back the cane in school etc, but that was way too far, not to mention on a little boy, little children are not angels, but need good parenting not abuse. I thought i heard that he got in a fight with steve over pencils? I wonder why he thinks violence is aceptable for such small problems.

Kraj

Jan 21, 2008
whenever something like this is online I wish that people were required to take tests in order to be parents.
But I can't find something that close to eugenics to be right either...
So what's the right course of action? Get that kid away from her for one... aside from that I don't know.

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Honestly, the hot sauce thing wouldn't be too bad. Then again, I personally love very spicy things...

The cold shower? Well... if it's ice cold, there's a problem. If not... it's certainly not good, but better than nothing.

So, those two are both acceptable if you choose to partake in them, or don't have much of a choice (like you need a shower, but there is no hot water).

As a punishment though? Hell no. Not only am I opposed to physical punishment like that, but from what I can tell, it was only a minor thing he got punished for. Getting in an argument with another kid over some pencils? Really?

Eijarel

Jul 13, 2010
I do not agree with he method at all,
however me being a Hot wing lover, feel sad that the kid will most likely grow up to an aversion to spicy food (which is great) ahh the tragedy.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
Another case that leads me to believe we should make people get a license to raise children.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Generally parent's how adopt children aren't as good parents as those who have their own kids.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one who would really enjoy
beating the cr*p out of her, ideally breaking some bones, all the while screaming "DO WE TORTURE LITTLE CHILDREN"

Ugh. This makes me rage.
Why does she still have custody? Why isn't she in jail? I'm pretty sure you'd get your child taken away from you here in Germany if you did something like this...

e2density said:
Another case that leads me to believe we should make people get a license to raise children.
We would soon die out.

EDIT:
You know what the problem with this kind of punishment is? The child stops lying because of fear. (Also implying that lying is always bad, which it is clearly not, but I digress)
It just learns that it's wrong.
But the kid needs to learn why it is wrong. The boy needs to stop misbehaving because he wants to stop (on his own!), because he realizes what harm can be done by misbehaving like that. This is what good parenting looks like.

But as I said, parenting methods like those shown in the video only make the child stop because he fears harsh punishment. That's not how you raise an independent, intelligent and emotionally stable human being. That's how you create a scared, always obeying worm.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
The hotsause, not that bad, but a cold shower in fucking alaska is like making the kid stand outside in a snow storm. And why were they recording it???

Musiclly enhanced

Sep 8, 2010
Hrm i dont know about that vid its too edited because what did the kid do apart from lie to avoid hot sauce in his mouth so he got hot sauce
what a *****

Musiclly enhanced

Sep 8, 2010
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
The hotsause, not that bad, but a cold shower in fucking alaska is like making the kid stand outside in a snow storm. And why were they recording it???
i think the hot sauce would be worse because he was only like 10 but still its not right seeing as shees done it before

Lord Penney

Dec 26, 2010
Ha! The poor kid's in a paradox, if he'd told her that he was fighting at school he would have been punished anyway!

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
That's just wrong. This isn't punishment, it's torture.

BringBackBuck said:
No, you're not a terrible parent. You accidentally gave your kid a little bit of hot sauce while using it for it's intended purpose. No harm, no foul.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
I think hot sause is awesome

I would reather see a kid ***** about tabasco sause then getting smacked with a belt or something.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
Captain Pooptits said:
There's a special part of hell reserved for child molesters and people who make really bad puns.

Guess where you're going for that "weak sauce" comment.

but seriously, saying there are worse ways to abuse children is like saying it is preferable to be shot over burning to death. Sure, you'd take one over the other but in a perfect world you'd have neither.
To be fair, the pun was unintentional, but at the same time, inexcusable for its terribleness.

This isn't really a perfect world. To be honest, the cold shower is a bit much, but I still cannot believe this is considered child abuse, much less that half the people here are calling for her to be beaten / murdered.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Fawcks said:
Captain Pooptits said:
There's a special part of hell reserved for child molesters and people who make really bad puns.

Guess where you're going for that "weak sauce" comment.

but seriously, saying there are worse ways to abuse children is like saying it is preferable to be shot over burning to death. Sure, you'd take one over the other but in a perfect world you'd have neither.
To be fair, the pun was unintentional, but at the same time, inexcusable for its terribleness.

This isn't really a perfect world. To be honest, the cold shower is a bit much, but I still cannot believe this is considered child abuse, much less that half the people here are calling for her to be beaten / murdered.
Glad im not the only one, but really, people that spank there kids and leave brushes, oh, there fit parents, but make the kid taste a little hot sause, and they need to be drug to the pits of hell and beaten with a car battery? I see not how this makes sense.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I've firmly attached Superglue to my buttcheeks and I'm sitting on the fence for this one (Can I get some help getting off?)
I'm still unsure as to what the kid did (and I did watch the links) and while spicy sauce and a cold shower can be cruel and the woman did go a "bit" crazy near the end, I'm still sure that there are a thousand worse ways to punish a child than this.