Poll: Muslim female "gang" beat up English women, but not jailed

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
As with all new reports about legal cases, I take them with a pinch of salt.

Usually British newspapers will utterly bullshit the details so as to best play off the readership. In the case of the Telegraph, Sun and Daily Mail, they have a hard core conservative audience who already openly dislike or condemn islam at any opportunity. So this case will probably be exaggerated just to wind the public up. It sounds like I am bullshitting, but I promise that the papers have been caught out doing this before. The Mail ran the headline "MUSLIM WANTS TAKEAWAY CLOSED FOR SMELLING OF BACON" - it was an utter falsehood - a non-story about a non-muslim family who were complaining about a take-away incorrectly installing an extaction fan, next-door to their residence.

So I probably won't even give this sort of the story the time of day, because there is literally no way of knowing whether this story is true until someone comes along (usually a victim or a witness, or a justice figure) and provides a proper perspective.

Ricky 49

Jan 10, 2009
Considering the source here is the daily mail
I'm surprised that this hasn't been put up yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
ok sorry, but at least that will explain what the daily mail is like for anyone who doesn't know

on topic
there are jerk and saints regardless of race/religion and ridiculous court sentences isn't anything new.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
After scrolling through the comments I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole.

Ricky 49

Jan 10, 2009
Considering the source here is the daily mail
I'm surprised that this hasn't been put up yet
[youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI]
ok sorry, but at least that will explain what the daily mail is like for anyone who doesn't know

on topic
there are jerk and saints regardless of race/religion and ridiculous court sentences isn't anything new.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
We can't punish, jail, nor tell them off. That would hurt their feelings. Because they aren't used to having their feelings hurt.

Their sentence would be the same even if they killed Rhea.

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
This is what it must feel like when a doctor is sorrounded by people who are talking about medicine, when they have no fucking clue what the hell they're on about.

As a law & criminology graduate, the amount of ignorance and outright bigotry in this thread disgusts me.
Although I am sure I can pick out the people you are referring to (I certainly hope I am not one of them) people are entitled to their opinion... yes, even the fuckwits, unfortunately :)

What you seem to be hoping for is people not to discuss things they don't fully understand. I don't fully understand what it takes to program a computer game but would still complain if a game is launched full of bugs. I know it's completely different from borderline racist comments in this thread but hope you get my point.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
AssassinFisH said:
thaluikhain said:
AssassinFisH said:
England is a Christian nation and Islamic religions should be flat out banned. Hopefully then, the majority of the Muslim community would get the hell out of our country. Same goes for the US I imagine.

Yeah, banning religions, that's worked well in the past. Admittedly, old houses in the UK sometimes contain priest-holes, which are dramatically useful for murder mysteries and so on, otherwise I can't think of many positive effects.
How about less Muslims walking around our streets, complaining about Christian values? Sounds pretty positive to me.

Heres a sentence you will never hear a non muslim say "Those Muslim folk.....what a nice bunch of people".
Atheist here. Those Muslim folk...what a nice bunch of people.

Now shut up and go away.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Well this "news" does have some comedic value.
"Duuuuh, sorry judge I mowed down bus stop full of people with my car because I'm not used to driving under influence". Or like a rapist defending himself by claiming he thought that's how sex works.

If this is true, than I suppose it's good to know that you can justify your criminal behavior by claiming you're a shitty believer.

joe-h2o

The name's Bond... Hydrogen Bond
Oct 23, 2011
So many comments in this thread proving that the Daily Mail has succeeded in yet another "scary muslims! special treatment! sharia law taking over!" non-story with deliberately misleading facts.

It was a poor judgement, but the extreme right wing Daily Mail's job is to froth up the white, prosperous, privileged middle class majority and make them feel like the most put up and persecuted group. They're very good at it, because it's so easy to do - soundbites and misleading headlines sell.

This is the "school wouldn't get kid down from tree due to barmy european health and safety laws and left him there during classes, then when 'concerned' member of public tries to help, he's told to leave the premises" story all over again. On further examination of the actual facts, not only was there no child up a tree at any point, the rest of the story is ludicrously distorted.

Essentially if any article is in the Daily Mail assume it's a propaganda piece designed to further their racist, homophobic, isolationist agenda and is likely either an outright lie or a severe distortion of the truth unless it can be independently confirmed from another non-tabloid source.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
AssassinFisH said:
England is a Christian nation and Islamic religions should be flat out banned. Hopefully then, the majority of the Muslim community would get the hell out of our country. Same goes for the US I imagine.
England is post Christian. Forgive me for not citing them as I can't seem to find them on Google atm, but last I saw only 3% are now "church going" and only 1% actually read the bible with the intent to live according to the commands of Jesus. So no, we are not a Christian nation. The basis of our justice and law system may have been founded on very general values that sway in line with that of Christianity, but we are very much an agnostic/atheist nation now.

OT: You don't even need to bring religion of any kind into this, that was probably just some by-the-by that the Mail brought in for sensationalism. The defense "they didn't know what it was like to be drunk" is complete and utter tripe for ANYONE. White, black, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Asian, whatever, they should have gotten maximum term. The judge making that decision requires quick dismissal.

Dec 14, 2009
Anjel said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This is what it must feel like when a doctor is sorrounded by people who are talking about medicine, when they have no fucking clue what the hell they're on about.

As a law & criminology graduate, the amount of ignorance and outright bigotry in this thread disgusts me.
Although I am sure I can pick out the people you are referring to (I certainly hope I am not one of them) people are entitled to their opinion... yes, even the fuckwits, unfortunately :)

What you seem to be hoping for is people not to discuss things they don't fully understand. I don't fully understand what it takes to program a computer game but would still complain if a game is launched full of bugs. I know it's completely different from borderline racist comments in this thread but hope you get my point.
If the story is true, this is a case of ABH.

Judges very rarely hand out jail sentences for ABH, you get suspended sentences and/or community service.

I very much doubt the 'facts' reported in the Daily Fail are not skewed.

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Guys, you're taking stories from The Daily Mail, and The Sun as credible fact. Just so you know, that's like quoting Fox News as a credible source. If the Daily Mail and The Sun reported it then chances are it didn't happen, and if it did happen then it didn't happen in the way that they said it did.

The Sun has made up stories before (google The Hillsborough Disaster) and the Daily Mail can distort facts and twist hearsay to suit their own depraved needs (just google any Daily Mail article about video games to see what I mean). They're cruel, racist and classist. About as factual as a Spider-Man comic book and not even half as entertaining.

Don't take anything they say seriously. Especially since they have an established anti-muslim agenda.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
AssassinFisH said:
thaluikhain said:
AssassinFisH said:

Yeah, banning religions, that's worked well in the past. Admittedly, old houses in the UK sometimes contain priest-holes, which are dramatically useful for murder mysteries and so on, otherwise I can't think of many positive effects.
How about less Muslims walking around our streets, complaining about Christian values? Sounds pretty positive to me.
What? Christian values like homosexuality, lewdness, public drunkenness, swearing and lack of respect for authority? Those are the issues I most often hear and they are NOT Christian values.

Christianity and Islam are so oh so very similar. It doesn't really matter what the religion is, what matters is secularism, how much or little any religion's ancient scripture should be applied to public life.

Christians and Muslims actually get on very well. It's atheists and Muslims who butt heads.

Heres a sentence you will never hear a non muslim say "Those Muslim folk.....what a nice bunch of people".
You should meet my mother. Anglican with liberal tendencies, she still very much admires Islam.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Okay, so the judges ruling is hilarious. Also, do you suppose the English lady was being absurdly racist like that one woman in the train video (which one, should be your response to this, by the way)?

Oct 30, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
The whole thing reeks of fake or blown up by the Daily Mail, but I will say this...

Volf99 said:
thaluikhain said:
Volf99 said:
So, as the title states, England (or to be specific English court/judges), what the hell? How does the excuse "the women were not used to being drunk [because] [t]he Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol" sound logical? What does it matter what religion the accused practice? What about you escapist, what do you think about the situation?
I think we shouldn't trust the Daily Mail. Reading the article, it says that that was brought up in their defence. It also says:

"But he said he accepted the women may have felt they were the victims of unreasonable force from Mr Moore as he tried to defend his girlfriend, and handed the defendants a suspended sentence."

Looks to me like the Daily Mail is doing its best to imply that was what got them off, without actually saying it, in order to get more copies by provoking racism.
how can that be racist, their defense was because of Islam, not because of their race/ethnicity
I see them wearing make up and not covering their hair.

They obviously dont follow Islam, so it should not be a valid defense for them.
Gwah? If you don't adhere to all tenants [of a particular interpretation] of a given religion you aren't religious?

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Volf99 said:
I'm a Muslim and think this is absolutely appalling. Those 3 women should be jailed or at least fined a great deal.Religion should not be a factor, they committed a crime they should do the sentence.

Dec 14, 2009
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Volf99 said:
I'm a Muslim and think this is absolutely appalling. Those 3 women should be jailed or at least fined a great deal.Religion should not be a factor, they committed a crime they should do the sentence.
Shhhh, you'll make people question their belief that all Muslims are religious fanatics who try to force their religion on others.

We can't have impartiality and fairness now, can we.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Volf99 said:
Shhhh, you'll make people question their belief that all Muslims are religious fanatics who try to force their religion on others.

We can't have impartiality and fairness now, can we.
I see what you did there. Cleverly funny.