Poll: Muslim female "gang" beat up English women, but not jailed

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Volf99 said:
So I was on another forum and somebody brought up this article about a group of girls that apparently went up to another girl and proceed to beat the crap out of her until the police came. The victim claims that,

"We were just minding our own business but they kept shouting ?white *****? and ?white slag? at me. When I turned around one of them grabbed my hair then threw me on the ground.
?They were taking turns to kick me over and over. I thought they were going to kill me."

However when it came to sentencing the "girl gang", the article states that:

"Ambaro Maxamed, 24, students Ayan Maxamed, 28, and Hibo Maxamed, 24, and their 28-year-old cousin Ifrah Nur each admitted actual bodily harm, which carries a maximum sentence of five years? imprisonment.

But Judge Robert Brown gave them suspended jail terms after hearing mitigation that as Muslims, the women were not used to being drunk. The Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol, although Islamic teachings permit its use for medicinal purposes".

So, as the title states, England (or to be specific English court/judges), what the hell? How does the excuse "the women were not used to being drunk [because] [t]he Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol" sound logical? What does it matter what religion the accused practice? What about you escapist, what do you think about the situation?
*sigh*

Normally, I'm the one who plays Devil's Advocate for the group being subjected to knee-jerk responses to an oversimplified situation, but...Christ, this is just shameful. Might as well just go through the 'highlights' of the article:

He said he accepted the women may have felt they were the victims of unreasonable force from Rhea's partner Lewis Moore, 23, who tried desperately to defend her from the attack.
"Unreasonable force"? They should be thanking God every night that they happened to encounter the one boyfriend whose sense of chivalry was strong enough that he refrained from sending the four of them to the morgue, or at least started breaking fingers.

Nur, who joined in the attack after initially acting as a peacemaker, said it was in fact the victim's partner who had been racially abusive, but Mr Bide-Thomas said that was not accepted by the prosecution.
Yeah. Probably because they wouldn't look very good if their defense was "A guy said something that might've been racist, so we brutally beat the nearest woman while ignoring him."

"They're Somalian Muslims and alcohol or drugs isn't something they're used to."
*facepalm*

Alright, England, here's a train of thought that, against all reason, America managed to work out and you didn't: you are fully responsible for your actions under any form of intoxicating substance. There are only two exceptions to this. If you were, quite simply, drugged, as was the case with one man and PCP, you are not accountable for your actions, and that only works with really hard stuff. The other is if you were given improper medication from a licensed medial practitioner.

But seriously? How is this a valid defense? Ignoring the above logic, and despite what all those PSAs would have you believe, alcohol isn't a drink that turns good people into demons. If you commit a brutal act of racial violence, I don't buy for one second that it was all alcohol at work.

Besides, Islam forbids alcohol, right? Then why the hell were they drinking? That's not some minor, unheeded passage, either. I don't buy that you're "unused" to alcohol if you have enough disregard for your religion to be wandering the streets violently drunk.

Dec 14, 2009
Father Time said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This is what it must feel like when a doctor is sorrounded by people who are talking about medicine, when they have no fucking clue what the hell they're on about.

As a law & criminology graduate, the amount of ignorance and outright bigotry in this thread disgusts me.
Well point out examples of ignorance and bigotry then, otherwise you're just trolling.
Well let's see.

We've got posters who have no knowledge of the law whatsoever, claiming that the 'gang' members got off light for not being jailed, when in fact, it's very rare for someone to be jailed for Actual Bodily Harm, regardless of whether they're brown or not.

We've got people using anecdotal stories of Muslims acting one way and use it as 'proof' to generalise the entire group.

And then there's just outright bollocks like 'if it were the other way around, they would have gotten a worse punishment'.

Nonsense.

Edit: Oh look, there's one right below this post.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
That is fucking disgusting! Those girls need a metal rod wrapped around their fucking heads.
If if was a bunch of white girls kicking the shit out of a Muslim and calling her a 'Paki slag' they'd be straight in prison, pretty sure that goes without saying.
Blaming alcohol is just pathetic. You know full well what you're doing when you're drunk, and people who blame the booze have no self control.
I'm going to hope the family disown them and chuck them out on the street. I wouldn't be surprised if they get the shit kicked out of them too, now those images of them have been released. Equal rights should be for everyone.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
SonicWaffle said:
metsplayer1 said:
Ugh. I'm Jewish and that's like me getting off of murder by saying "I killed that hooker because I'm not used to eating pork. I mean, what the hell?
Pretty sure pork doesn't have the same effect on people that alcohol does, even in large quantities :p
Speak for yourself, many's the time I've woken up with a thousand dwarves attacking the inside of my skull with their hammers, and thought to myself, "MAN, I shouldn't have ate those ribs last night".
Props for the Pratchett reference!

Personally, I think pork works the opposite way to alcohol. How often have you been driven into a murderous rage, ready to pick up a hammer and go on a killing spree at the local school before taking your own life in a blaze of glory by blowing the whole place up, when you've smelled frying bacon and thought "Shit...the world's actually a pretty cool place. I'm going to put this hammer down and get me some breakfast!"?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
The tabloid press, not really the bastion of journalistic integrity. -_-

Sindwiller

Mar 15, 2008
I didn't go through the whole thread (so I obviously missed this whole alcohol debate), but I'd still mention a fun fact while we're at it: After 9/11, muslim-owned shops in New York and elsewhere in the U.S. were ravaged, even more so did the number of attacks on muslims or merely people of seemingly oriental origin rise to a nauseating height in many western countries - and nobody gives a toss. Well, that's what immediately came to mind when I had read the thread title.

I agree, however, with those who say it is disgusting behaviour. But that's what may happen within immigrant communities when painfully neglected. Do not let that deceive you, those mentioned in the media are simply the worst cases. :p

Sindwiller

Mar 15, 2008
I didn't go through the whole thread (so I obviously missed this whole alcohol debate), but I'd still mention a fun fact while we're at it: After 9/11, muslim-owned shops in New York and elsewhere in the U.S. were ravaged, even more so did the number of attacks on muslims or merely people of seemingly oriental origin rise to a nauseating height in many western countries - and nobody gives a toss. Well, that's what immediately came to mind when I had read the thread title.

I agree, however, with those who say it is disgusting behaviour. But that's what may happen within immigrant communities when painfully neglected. Do not let this deceive you, those mentioned in the media re just the worst cases :p

EDIT: Damn, double post. Sorry :(

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
Here's the actual video of the event:

From what we can see, the attack happened with no prior aggravation, and the boyfriend used very little force when it came to trying to protect his girlfriend.

This is really an open-and-shut case, in which religion or race should not even come into play. The judge had his head up his ass big-time.

Stublore

Dec 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Father Time said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This is what it must feel like when a doctor is sorrounded by people who are talking about medicine, when they have no fucking clue what the hell they're on about.

As a law & criminology graduate, the amount of ignorance and outright bigotry in this thread disgusts me.
Well point out examples of ignorance and bigotry then, otherwise you're just trolling.
Well let's see.

We've got posters who have no knowledge of the law whatsoever, claiming that the 'gang' members got off light for not being jailed, when in fact, it's very rare for someone to be jailed for Actual Bodily Harm, regardless of whether they're brown or not.

We've got people using anecdotal stories of Muslims acting one way and use it as 'proof' to generalise the entire group.

And then there's just outright bollocks like 'if it were the other way around, they would have gotten a worse punishment'.

Nonsense.

Ok Mr law & criminology graduate, tell me of the "hate" crimes prosecuted in the UK, how many of those involved non whites as the perpetrators in let's say the last 5 years?
And are you saying that if it was 3 white women calling the victim "black slag", that would not be a "hate" crime? How is "hate" crimes decided? Isn't that enough to classify it as a hate crime?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Stop it.

Daystar Clarion said:
Dude, seriously, stop it.

Daystar Clarion said:
Would you just shut the fuck up already? How're we meant to work ourselves into a froth and scream about how we native Brits are second-class citizens when you go around talking sense all the time? You're a bloody disgrace, you are. Any true Englishman knows that the abuse we suffer at the hands of the invading hordes who've bent our country to their twisted wills far, far outweighs anything we might do to them. We might as well dissolve parliament, call the whole farce off and replace the monarchy with a caliphate.

Dec 14, 2009
Stublore said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Father Time said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Well let's see.

Nonsense.

Ok Mr law & criminology graduate, tell me of the "hate" crimes prosecuted in the UK, how many of those involved non whites as the perpetrators in let's say the last 5 years?
And are you saying that if it was 3 white women calling the victim "black slag", that would not be a "hate" crime? How is "hate" crimes decided? Isn't that enough to classify it as a hate crime?
Damned double post.

Dec 14, 2009
Stublore said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Father Time said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Well let's see.

Nonsense.

I spent my time at univsersity studying law and the application of law, not data collection, and wouldn't even hazard a guess because I would be wrong.

None of us know the facts of this case, and until I get a transcript in front of me, telling me exactly what both sides claim to have happened, along with evidence, I can't even make an informed guess.

And neither can you.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
AssassinFisH said:
How about less Muslims walking around our streets, complaining about Christian values? Sounds pretty positive to me.
What the hell does "Christian values" even mean?! I get really tired of hearing that shit. To most people, it seems to mean "those parts of the Bible which conform to my personal prejudices and desires", making Christian values very much a buffet. You want the eternal paradise, but not the peace and love to all men. Which, funnily enough, includes Muslims.

AssassinFisH said:
Heres a sentence you will never hear a non muslim say "Those Muslim folk.....what a nice bunch of people".
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're trolling rather than being an insufferable ass, but I'll respond to it anyway. I'm not Muslim and no, you will not find me saying "Those Muslim folk.....what a nice bunch of people". Largely because I don't know every Muslim, and can't really verify whether they're all nice people or not. Some of the ones I've met have been decent enough. Some have been tools. Guess what? That applies to everyone else too! It's called being human.

EDIT: Oops, quoted the wrong person for the second bit...somehow. Fuck knows. Sorry!

GeekFury

Aug 20, 2009
Regardless of race or creed the law of the land you live in or visit is the law of the land, I don't care who they are or what mitigating circumstances they say was the reason for it, they beat a person nearly to death. Now had this been a gang of white girls who did'nt drink I don't think the judge woule have made the same choice, he'd have thrown the book at them. Not to sound racist or bigoted, but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. THe judge should have given them the five years that they deserve. As a citizen of the UK I am disgusted that this judgement call was made. The law applies to everyone.

Dec 14, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Stop it.

Daystar Clarion said:
Dude, seriously, stop it.

Daystar Clarion said:
Would you just shut the fuck up already? How're we meant to work ourselves into a froth and scream about how we native Brits are second-class citizens when you go around talking sense all the time? You're a bloody disgrace, you are. Any true Englishman knows that the abuse we suffer at the hands of the invading hordes who've bent our country to their twisted wills far, far outweighs anything we might do to them. We might as well dissolve parliament, call the whole farce off and replace the monarchy with a caliphate.
I sorry. What was I thinking.

*cough*

Dem Muslamists are bringdin' ther ray guns into our ghuhgahdghagfhsadgfhabsfhsavfvbhdbfhb!!!1111

That more to your liking, sir?