Poll: My friend has shocked and appalled me. Now I feel numb...

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
I would probably sort him out myself, if he was a friend.

It would consist of decking him in the face, teaching him a lesson as opposed to telling a bunch of his/your friends.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
If you're sure then you should tell everyone. But make sure you're sure because you don't want to accuse an innocent of a vile crime like that.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
If you know for sure, to be completely honest and blunt; fuck him. Not literally of course but if it were me, I would tell my friend to get the fuck out and to go fuck himself. I would never be friends with someone who did that.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Depends on how certain you are, and where the information came from. Is the girl accusing him out of rape because she had sex reluctantly, or because she was actually forced? Where did you hear this, who from, etc.

It could ruin his life if you spread a rumour like this and it turns out to be false, but it may well be true, and then the consequences of doing nothing could be severe.

Say nothing for the moment, or, at most, something lightly, so as not to start a rumour. If he is guilty, then the justice system will nail him eventually, and the chances are that he won't commit rape again, so you're probably good. Be aware though.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Trail him home, kill the power (hell, cut the phone lines as well if you can) and set up a microwave emitter to jam mobile (cell) phone signals.

Then, slip in. He'll no doubt have a torch ready by now. You must be quick and quiet. Sneak into a bathroom and set a tap running - the noise serves as a lure. Make sure the the rag is well soaked with chloroform.

Once he's unconscious ... well, let your imagination go wild.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
A.

Let the garbage justice system deal with him....the papers and the court will show the real story...

Do go B.
if people pull the "he was a nice guy..." (the I didnt know he had 15 skinned bodies in his basement he seemed like such a nice guy...story)

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
googleboy said:
[HEADING=1]The fool filmed himself and sent threatening letters to the victim.[/HEADING]
Just in case someone missed this part.

I'm glad to hear you've disassociated yourself from him.
All I would advise is that you be there for your female friend.
Chances are she'll be the subject of victim blaming, especially if the defense opts for that angle. It's reprehensible, but it's also, sadly, quite common.
Make sure she knows you're there for her, and on her side.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
googleboy said:
Quotey stuff
The problem with rape is that it is a very human thing to do, as much as people hate to hear it.
Could be he had some deep-seated issue, he kept getting drunk and doing stupid things, etc, etc... not that it reduces the gravity of the situation.

Anyway, don't get an issue about this, don't focus on what you could've or should've done... control issues are what cause rape most of the time.

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
i say interfering with these thing is risky specially if your not 100% sure it was rape. I say tell friends to stay away from him for now but don't give a reason.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Shouting it from the rooftops isnt a great idea, friend or not. If he is/was your friend then you'se certainly wont be anymore after doing that (although I wouldnt want to be friends with someone anymore if I did find out they had raped someone!). If he wasnt, then you'te provoking him and he may decide to 'punish' you in some way for walking around pointing and yelling Rapist.

At the same time, Id never do nothing about it! What if he rapes someone else?

B!

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
Leave it, but keep a watchful eye if anything were to get out of hand.

Otherwise I'd say innocent until proven guilty applies here.