Poll: Naruto vs Bleach

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
After having a look at a topic on the forums related to rivals and main charcters in games and anime. Many of the comments included Sasuke from the Naruto franchise. So, I was just thinking to myself, two of the more popular anime series also seem to be enjoyed by people on the Escapist.

Also, I am a lover of many anime titles, if you enjoy another anime more than these two then leave a comment and let everyone know! I myself saw Naruto first, then I saw Bleach. I like Bleach more than Naruto, but about the same as Naruto: Shippuuden but there are other anime that I like more than them.

So my fellow Escapists, if you watch Naruto, Bleach or any other anime titles, leave a comment why you enjoy either them, vote for the one you like the most.

(Try to keep it friendly guys, everyone has their own opinion :p)

MrShadowzs

Apr 5, 2009
quite honestly i hate both, Naruto just because it's bad and Bleach because it's never gonna end and, to quote Yahtzee "a good series is like a good bowl movement, it's only really satisfying after it's ended" so yeah. Personally my favorite animes are
1.Elfen Lied
2.Higurashi no Naku koro ni
3.Baccano!
4.Fullmetal Alchemist
5.Death Note
6.The Haruhi Franchise

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
Bleach.

Why, you ask?

That's why.

Other than that, I have no idea. Don't watch either.

razerdoh

Nov 10, 2009
One Piece and Naruto

Bleach is shit, Kubo Tite cant write... good at drawing, but not writing...

MrShadowzs

Apr 5, 2009
razerdoh said:
One Piece and Naruto

sorry but i find that funny because your avatar is from Bleach

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
Wow guys, its been only about 10 minutes and I'm loving the responses I'm getting!
MrShadowzs said:
quite honestly i hate both, Naruto just because it's bad and Bleach because it's never gonna end and, to quote Yahtzee "a good series is like a good bowl movement, it's only really satisfying after it's ended" so yeah. Personally my favorite animes are
1.Elfen Lied
2.Higurashi no Naku koro ni
3.Baccano!
4.Fullmetal Alchemist
5.Death Note
6.The Haruhi Franchise
I will have to check out Baccano! then, I love the other ones in your list too! Incidently, what do you think of Gundam? There's an anime that reminds me A LOT of Death Note, however it takes place in a world with Mecha's much like Gundams. It's called Code Geass, I'd reccommend
checking it out, it gets real good in episode 2!

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
Phoenixlight said:
Naruto >>>>>> Bleach
Why did you put Shippuden in a seperate catagory? it is Naruto...
That is true, I was unsure whether I should have or not, but then I thought to myself, that if I had a choice between the two, I'd pick Shippuuden, but you do indeed have a valid point.

razerdoh

Nov 10, 2009
MrShadowzs said:
razerdoh said:
One Piece and Naruto

sorry but i find that funny because your avatar is from Bleach
i like Mayuri Kurotsuchi because he is a good guy, but evilish...

TheMagicIndian

May 11, 2011
Given the choices, I'll choose other since the other three I really do not like. Since you're asking for anime we enjoy, I enjoy the ones with a heavy emphasis on character development and story. Seems like most of the time, a romance genre is shoe-horned into it as well, which I don't mind in the least. I've seen way too many anime to list here, so I'll just list the ones that stand out.

Haibane Renmei
Clannad/After Story
Kanon
AIR
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka
Shakugan no Shana
Zero no Tsukaima
Gosick

Hell, I could go on for a while with this list so I'll end it there. If I like the characters, I can forgive a lot of things. Anime with terrible characters I just cannot watch.

lolCaptcha?

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
I never really got into Naruto, so of the two I have to say Bleach. That being said, I don't like the character of Ichigo, I like the side characters, especially the Captains much, much more.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
MrShadowzs said:
quite honestly i hate both, Naruto just because it's bad and Bleach because it's never gonna end and, to quote Yahtzee "a good series is like a good bowl movement, it's only really satisfying after it's ended" so yeah.
Nicely said! I liked Bleach...to a point. I read 25 of the Manga but should have stopped at 20. Naruto...I never really got into. Not to say I'm not into fighting anime. Hell, if anything I like me some Ikki Tousen

Honestly, the narrative isn't that great. When I wanna see a story driven anime though, I look elsewhere. Ikki Tousen is a guilty pleasure. It's basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms as performed by a bunch of high-school tits...and a handful of guys I think. I honestly haven't watched in a while. The last anime I watched was Puni Puni Poemy.

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
Both are too padded by melodrama and try too hard in general to be awesome (In my opinion and experience with it. Also, I may not help that I was introduced to Naruto by an obsessive friend and started Bleach at the Soul Society arc.) I prefer FullMetal Alchemist.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Mahou sensei Negima (manga).
[sub]If I'm going to mention a series in roughly the same genre, that is. There are still plenty of better series out there.[/sub]

I did watch Naruto when I was, like, 13. However, now that I tried rewatching some of it, the quality really was apalling.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
your forgetting one piece those are the big three and one piece is ranked higher than naruto and bleach (at least in japan) I like it better since it isnt full of filler and isnt full of continuity

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
MrShadowzs said:
quite honestly i hate both, Naruto just because it's bad and Bleach because it's never gonna end and, to quote Yahtzee "a good series is like a good bowl movement, it's only really satisfying after it's ended" so yeah.
Nicely said! I liked Bleach...to a point. I read 25 of the Manga but should have stopped at 20. Naruto...I never really got into. Not to say I'm not into fighting anime. Hell, if anything I like me some Ikki Tousen

Honestly, the narrative isn't that great. When I wanna see a story driven anime though, I look elsewhere. Ikki Tousen is a guilty pleasure. It's basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms as performed by a bunch of high-school tits...and a handful of guys I think. I honestly haven't watched in a while. The last anime I watched was Puni Puni Poemy.

this ^ also puni puni poemy is so funny you should check out cromarie high