Poll: Naruto vs Bleach

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Kragg said:
Jonluw said:
Yes, but that thread was made under the reign of the old forum rules.
I don't really know what the official policy is on vs-threads these days.
safe to assume they are allowed now, topic is still here 20 hours later so
Yeah. I guess I'm fine with it.
Vs-threads can spur some nice discussions so long as they do not get too plentiful.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
I could never get into Naruto, the main character just seems like a dud.

Bleach was much better in my opinion, but they really took a dip in quality around the 4th season, only lately have they started getting good again, in like, season 15.

Right now I prefer Soul Eater to both. Specifically the manga, as the anime has now been drowned in filler.

KafkaOffTheBeach

Nov 17, 2010
Honestly....if you are going to to a vs. thread for shounen manga/anime - you need to do it between the Big 3.
One Piece vs. Naruto vs. Bleach
Otherwise it doesn't work.

Anyway - my vote would go to Bleach regardless. Kubo is an absolute master of creating interesting panel perspectives for samey scenarios, and his character designs are fucking awesome.
He also has the most badass chapter titles of ALL TIME...referencing rock albums, Nirvana, contemporary poetry etc.
Fuck the anime up the ass though. Its like they took a fun shounen manga with more 'edge' than usual and neutered the fuck out of it to make it even more palatable.

claymoreguy18

Jan 3, 2011
kaibutsu oujo would have to be my favorite. It may not be the most popular out there however the characters are the most likable I've ever seen in an anime.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Both shit, I didn't enjoy either.
One piece isn't better, it's the same rehashed crap.
One is for gay pirates, the other is for pansy ninjas and the last is for sword fetish people.

There are much better animations out there, far surpassing that crap.
*If you want action,
-you can get a Tarantino-esque experience from 'Black Lagoon'.
-Another one is 'FullMetal Alchemist' for a nice plot and many secondary characters you care about, plus interesting fights.
-The Hardcore shit comes from 'Elfen Lied', though you could say that the gore is to emphasize the inner pain these girls experienced, the nudity is how they feel so exposed and fragile, but nobody can explain why they need to show a decapitation every episode, besides the OVA.
*If you want a comedy I recommend,
- 'The world god only knows' because you've never sympathized with an otaku before.
- 'Welcome to the N.H.K' for brilliant, funny and realistic comedy that harbors an ACTUAL PLOT. But it also includes talking fridges and an... wait for it.... otaku.
*If you want a good drama, a plot with many twists and some human emotions,
- 'Tokyo Magnitude 8.0' will grab you by the throat and then at the end decapitate you, leaving your twitching head rolling down a flight of stairs. Yes, that's the feeling you'll have when you'll finish the anime, and you'll love it.
- 'Death note'. Sure most people say that the last third of the anime is crap, but the rest is amazing, and even though some people can't stop bitching when some characters they love go away, this is a must see for you. MUST.
- 'Code Geass : Lelouch of the Rebellion' for nice mecha battles with compelling story and characters. No, wait - SCRATCH THAT. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, for a compelling story with strong and meaningful characters, with a side dish of mecha battles.
That's it.
Go watch it instead of waiting for the fillers to kill you. SLOWLY.

MrShadowzs

Apr 5, 2009
Cerebral Force said:
Wow guys, its been only about 10 minutes and I'm loving the responses I'm getting!
MrShadowzs said:
quite honestly i hate both, Naruto just because it's bad and Bleach because it's never gonna end and, to quote Yahtzee "a good series is like a good bowl movement, it's only really satisfying after it's ended" so yeah. Personally my favorite animes are
1.Elfen Lied
2.Higurashi no Naku koro ni
3.Baccano!
4.Fullmetal Alchemist
5.Death Note
6.The Haruhi Franchise
I will have to check out Baccano! then, I love the other ones in your list too! Incidently, what do you think of Gundam? There's an anime that reminds me A LOT of Death Note, however it takes place in a world with Mecha's much like Gundams. It's called Code Geass, I'd reccommend
checking it out, it gets real good in episode 2!
Dude i freaking love Geass but it's not quite in my top

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
Both shit, I didn't enjoy either.
One piece isn't better, it's the same rehashed crap.
One is for gay pirates, the other is for pansy ninjas and the last is for sword fetish people.

There are much better animations out there, far surpassing that crap.
*If you want action,
-you can get a Tarantino-esque experience from 'Black Lagoon'.
-Another one is 'FullMetal Alchemist' for a nice plot and many secondary characters you care about, plus interesting fights.
-The Hardcore shit comes from 'Elfen Lied', though you could say that the gore is to emphasize the inner pain these girls experienced, the nudity is how they feel so exposed and fragile, but nobody can explain why they need to show a decapitation every episode, besides the OVA.
*If you want a comedy I recommend,
- 'The world god only knows' because you've never sympathized with an otaku before.
- 'Welcome to the N.H.K' for brilliant, funny and realistic comedy that harbors an ACTUAL PLOT. But it also includes talking fridges and an... wait for it.... otaku.
*If you want a good drama, a plot with many twists and some human emotions,
- 'Tokyo Magnitude 8.0' will grab you by the throat and then at the end decapitate you, leaving your twitching head rolling down a flight of stairs. Yes, that's the feeling you'll have when you'll finish the anime, and you'll love it.
- 'Death note'. Sure most people say that the last third of the anime is crap, but the rest is amazing, and even though some people can't stop bitching when some characters they love go away, this is a must see for you. MUST.
- 'Code Geass : Lelouch of the Rebellion' for nice mecha battles with compelling story and characters. No, wait - SCRATCH THAT. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, for a compelling story with strong and meaningful characters, with a side dish of mecha battles.
That's it.
Go watch it instead of waiting for the fillers to kill you. SLOWLY.
Yeah definitely man, I've seen a lot of those before and I love them, trust me when I say my next anime thread WILL include them! :)

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
There are animes that I like much more than either of them. HOWEVER, I will state that in Bleach...some of the characters can actually be QUIET.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Out of the two? I like Bleach. Well ... I liked Bleach before it started to go nowhere.

Naruto was something I never got into. I didn't like the localization, and a lot of the fans turned me off of the show. A few of the characters seem cool -the eponymous ninja in an orange jumpsuit and his two friends not counted among them-, but the ones I like were apparently mostly killed off. For instance, that one demon chick with the flute was crushed or something. That type of stuff helped to remove a lot of my interest as well. Many of my friends seem to enjoy it though.

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
KafkaOffTheBeach said:
Honestly....if you are going to to a vs. thread for shounen manga/anime - you need to do it between the Big 3.
One Piece vs. Naruto vs. Bleach
Otherwise it doesn't work.

Anyway - my vote would go to Bleach regardless. Kubo is an absolute master of creating interesting panel perspectives for samey scenarios, and his character designs are fucking awesome.
He also has the most badass chapter titles of ALL TIME...referencing rock albums, Nirvana, contemporary poetry etc.
Fuck the anime up the ass though. Its like they took a fun shounen manga with more 'edge' than usual and neutered the fuck out of it to make it even more palatable.
I have to agree with you there, for both opinions you raised. Shortly after starting the thread I realised, "Fuck, no One Piece..." And also, yes. I prefer the Manga to the anime for Bleach and Naruto particularly, only because the anime seems to be screwing it up.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
I prefer any anime that is not Bleach or Naruto.

I personally like Gintama and Clannad better.