Poll: Naruto vs Bleach

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
I like Bleach more than Naruto, but that's not saying much. I think a series that kills itself once by being really poor and then reboots itself and still suffers the same problems is not worth my time. Bleach on the other hand is just too damn long and it really shows because of the power creep and lack of actual growth.

I think my favorite anime is Ouran High School Host Club, which is just plain silly and fun. If you require a more actiony title I would say Claymore.

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
Berserk is my favorite Anime still to this day. It only saddens me that it only got one season. I know why they did it, they couldn't show what was coming up next in the manga since it was too violent and overly sexualized.

I used to watch both of Naruto and Bleach, however they both got in a phase where the anime decided to go the Filler route and that ruined both. Still reading both mangas, but I'm annoyed that they decided to continue Bleach. I thought after that last battle it would be over... There really was no reason to continue the series :/. Naruto on the other hand i'm just waiting for this battle to end then they will finally finish it off and not go the route bleach did. However it more then likely they will drag it on, cause it's a big money maker.

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
I hate Naruto because the main character is unlikable and so is every other character.
I hate Bleach because the fights have no sense of pacing and the dialogue is atrocious.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
They're both alright. I prefer more old school fighting anime, like Dragonball/Dragonball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho, or maybe even Rurouni Kenshin.

xxmyhero64xx

May 25, 2011
I've recently just gotten back into Bleach and I find it highly entertaining. I really enjoy the art and the mythology of it all.

Willsor

Jun 20, 2010
Probably true, I didn't get far through enough to see this juxtaposition you are talking about.. On one hand that's completely my fault, but on the other, why should I have to sit through episodes of something ridiculous to only at the end see why it's justified.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I watch both but I hate filler, and over half of what has aired for both Naruto and Bleach has been filler. The manga are good.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Naruto has some of the best fight scenes out of any anime I've ever seen (Third Hokage vs Orochimaru and Naruto vs Sasuke still give me chills), and the story isn't bad, though it moves quite slowly.

Bleach's action scenes pretty much all go like this:

Ichigo: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Opponent: WHAT?! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Ichigo: Oh no! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
*sword clash*
Opponent: Overconfident speech respecting Ichigo but saying he is still no match!
Ichigo: Random grunt noises, followed by doubting himself, followed by a sudden NAH-UH!!!
Opponent: OH NOOOO!!!!
ICHIGO: NEW DESPERATION TECHNIQUE THAT AFTERWARDS WILL BE COMMONPLACE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *fight over*

It's basically a mix of DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, without the parts that made those shows great. That said, I didn't mind it and actually kept up with the plot developments via the Bleach wikia page until the plot developments kept coming AFTER Aizen died. Now I don't care even a little bit.

mofo phill

Apr 13, 2011
i liked bleach up until the end of the soul society ark but past that is was just repetition eg like something discovering their "true power " over and over again got kind of boring personally i prefer death note as it is more intellectual but the sword fights are always cool

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
icyneesan said:
Naruto and Shippuden. I only got 100 episodes into Bleach and it just wasn't doing anything for me. Plus the art style is really weird. Ichigo seems to get mored ripped as time passes.
Yeah I understand that, 1-63 is where it seems to be most Bleach. 64-109 is basically a filler and the only thing that remotely saves it for me are some of the fights. However once it gets better when the next arc starts at 110, it also becomes less like Bleach and more like DBZ. I still like it, but I couldn't help thinking that.

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
Catchy Slogan said:
Full Metal Alchemist> Full Metal Panic!> Shippuden> Bleach(why do you keep draging on forever?)> Naruto(100 eisodes of consecutive filler? Really?!?)

EDIT: I also agree that the manga is much better for Naruto/Bleach.

EDIT 2:
Maxtro said:
Both shows have a great although underutilized supporting cast. I think too much focus is given to Naruto and Ichigo. None of those shows feel like they actually need main characters or at least not those two. I would totally watch a show called Kakashi.
May I point you towards Kakashi Gaiden [http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kakashi_Gaiden]?
I must definitely support pointing people towards Kakashi Gaiden. I would LOVE to see Minato Gaiden myself, but when I first saw KG, I was very satisfied, the only 'filler' that was actually good and had some relevance to the story.

ameemo

Apr 16, 2011
i like bleach more than naruto but quite frankly i can't wait for both of them to finish, i just wanna know what happens in the end
my favorite animes are cowboy bebop ruroni kenshin, samurai champloo, bakemonogatari, katanagatari, seto no hayanome, darker than black. these are all i can think of as of now

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Well between the two, I'd give it to Naruto since it's basically Harry Potter with Ninjas. And Bleach goes downhill after the Soul Society arc, but I'll give the manga the Arrancar arc and I'm on the Turn Back the Pendulum arc and enjoying it. Thing is past the Soul Society arc Bleach just isn't that good of a show and the anime lacks the excellent music that keeps me going in Bleach.

My favorite Shonen are probably Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh! (Yes that Yu-Gi-Oh!) based on mostly nostalgia, but Fullmetal Alchemist and Rurouni Kenshin are great Shonen series that trancend the genre. If you want something that falls more into the genre but is still really good, I'd go with Yu Yu Hakusho or perhaps One Piece. One is compact and short at 114 episodes (Which for anything else would be long) while the other is colorful sprawling tale.

As for anime in general, gotta second those sentiments about Baccano!, it's probably one of my favorite anime ever. For those of you that like to watch anime on TV and are in the U.S. [adult swim] is showing it's spiritual successor, Durarara!! starting June 25th.