Poll: No sir, this is my normal face.

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
People who don't know me think I'm very serious, or angry all the time.
In reality, I'm quite the opposite, really

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
People come up to me all the time and ask me what is wrong and it really grinds my gears. I think Bill Hicks summed it up perfectly:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Didn't really have an option for my face, which is apparently an open and inviting expression. I have one of those faces, that seems to compel total strangers to come up to me and start talking to me about their troubles.

I had a very depressed Vietnam veteran sit down at my table at a Waffle House, and start telling me about his war stories, and the things he saw that haunted him. He even asked me to go out to his car and take his gun and shoot him because he was tired of living.

Another time, a homeless guy sat down at my table at an IHOP, and started telling me his life story.

I apparently have an expression and persona that radiates "I'm somebody who will provide you comfort and a shoulder to cry on for your troubles"

Even as a teenager and early 20's, it was like this. My circle of friends would come to me at all hours of the day and night to ask my advice about some problem they were having. I was the Lucy psychologist of our cirlce, but I didn't charge a nickel.

Not sure what the expression is that my face defaults to, but it apparently translates to that.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Happyninja42 said:
Didn't really have an option for my face, which is apparently an open and inviting expression. I have one of those faces, that seems to compel total strangers to come up to me and start talking to me about their troubles.

I had a very depressed Vietnam veteran sit down at my table at a Waffle House, and start telling me about his war stories, and the things he saw that haunted him. He even asked me to go out to his car and take his gun and shoot him because he was tired of living.

Another time, a homeless guy sat down at my table at an IHOP, and started telling me his life story.

I apparently have an expression and persona that radiates "I'm somebody who will provide you comfort and a shoulder to cry on for your troubles"

Even as a teenager and early 20's, it was like this. My circle of friends would come to me at all hours of the day and night to ask my advice about some problem they were having. I was the Lucy psychologist of our cirlce, but I didn't charge a nickel.

Not sure what the expression is that my face defaults to, but it apparently translates to that.
It's an asset for counseling at least. Not a bad face to have if people trust you from view.

OT: I don't know. I sometimes get asked if I'm tired or sick so I guess I have the face of a convalescent. I can't say if that's a good thing or not.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah, I get that.

My default face is kinda stern looking. Not quite angry, but not exactly approachable either.

Also, my fake smiles really suck. My genuine smiles are goofy, but at least they look sincere. When I smile deliberately, as in "this situation requires a smile, deploying smile now", like for a photo, then it ends up looking like a pained grimace.

I actually really like people who smile automatically. Y'know, like when you make random, slightly awkward eye contact with some stranger on the street and they just immediately smile at you. I wish I could do that.

Sillarra

I have no idea how I got here.
Aug 14, 2014
Yeah I have that, and when I speak something everyone thought I was being angry/sarcastic/pissed off. One of my friends back in school said that before he knew me better, he always thought I was always being angry at something.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Yea, I've been accused on a few occasions of giving people I know a "Dirty Look", when on each occasion I simply didn't notice the person.

And I've been approached and asked if everyone was okay or if I was angry, "I'm fine this is just how my face looks".

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
My dad usually looks like he stubbed his toe and i have heard people ask that many times
Exaggerated by myopia and tea

And Man

May 12, 2014
If my head is titled downward at all then I look fairly angry, and when my hair is buzzed I look like a thug. Back in high school when I played football, the helmet made it even worse, and my teammates would call me a "crazy commie"

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I try to smile.

But mostly to cover up my horribly bad avoidant personality disorder and gradual mental deteriotation, but also because I look like a badger with a slight monobrow stuck in a barbed wire fence and that I'm going to murder your family when I'm doing anything but smiling. Seriously, I don't even have a monobrow.

I also have grey eyes, so I look dead inside, which, combined with my borderline tics and bitchy neutral face, make me look unaproachable, unsympathetic, and when I smile, it, like, gets worse, because it pushes my cheeks up higher than other peoples', so you can add "manic" to that pile too.

So, my resting face looks like Renee Zellweger, except slightly less dead inside.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I guess I usually have a neutral smile, people at work always ask what I'm so happy about...