Poll: Now the drought is almost over, what 2015 games are you excited for?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So with the yearly summer gaming drought coming to an end, with Yahtzee being able to do things other than indie showcases and retro reviews, what games in the second half of 2015 are you most looking forward to? I've put some of the biggest games up (there's so many that 8 choices isn't enough!) in the poll but feel free to add your own suggestions and/or explain why you picked your choices.

[EDIT] Added XCOM 2 and "Other" to the poll, but please bear in mind the poll is very limited at 8 choices so it can't fit everything.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
What drought? This year has been a ridiculous bevy of riches, and it's just going to get richer.

If even 1-2 of the fall games hit the way I expect them to, it's gonna go down as arguably the best year in PC Gaming history. One of them, at any rate.

Mind you, now that I look closely, your list looks very consoley. Is this a console specific drought?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Shadowrun Hong Kong. Comes out tomorrow, and I am sure as shit looking forward to it.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'm sacrificing innocent lives at the altar each week in the hopes that Black Ops III turns out to be good. The fact I have reasons to doubt that it will be when I drool over the last three games in the quadrilogy is far too damning and upsetting, especially after three years of Black Ops II compensating for lesser Call of Duty games.

I'm excited to see Rise of the Tomb Raider. Adored the first reboot Tomb Raider and now it's at least partially in a snow setting. I'm the person who gave Lost Planet 3 much more leeway than I should have because I was walking about on a icy and snow-riddled landscape filled with mostly nothing, a sequel to a game I loved being set in the snow is all I need.

I'm excited to see how bad Halo 5 turns out to be. Halo 4 already did its best to absolutely kill all enthusiasm I had for the franchise ever being good again[footnote]It was three years before Halo Wars 2 was announced, after all.[/footnote] (to put it lightly), I want to see if Halo 5 can even invoke anger from me like its monstrous predecessor or whether I'll just consume it and lump it next to Halo: Reach as a basically OK if lifeless game.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
What drought? This year has been a ridiculous bevy of riches, and it's just going to get richer.

If even 1-2 of the fall games hit the way I expect them to, it's gonna go down as arguably the best year in PC Gaming history. One of them, at any rate.

Mind you, now that I look closely, your list looks very consoley. Is this a console specific drought?
The summer drought, so July and August where very few really big releases come out. Little came out on PC either in terms of large games, things like Star Citizen and Xcom 2 are still a few months away. And how is it console-centric? The majority of those games are getting PC releases, only Mario Maker and Halo are console exclusive (TR is timed).

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
The summer drought, so July and August where very few really big releases come out. Little came out on PC either in terms of large games, things like Star Citizen and Xcom 2 are still a few months away. And how is it console-centric? The majority of those games are getting PC releases, only Mario Maker and Halo are console exclusive (TR is timed).
Oh, you're talking about releases specifically, not "games to play". I only consider it a drought if I enter a long period where the year's offerings have run out and there's nothing to fill the gap.

As for the list, I can't see it any more, because I voted, but I recall it having some console exclusives and no PC exclusives, so it struck me as a bit "consoley". Not sure why that would ruffle your feathers. Remain unruffled, good sir.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
5 out out of 8 games on your list are FPS. 2 are 3rd person shooters. And 1 is a glorified mod.

Let the drought continue....

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
Shadowrun Hong Kong
Xcom 2
Fallout 4
Batman Arkham Knight when they fix the PC version
Life is Strange and Tales From The Borderlands (I don't play episodic games until all the episodes are released)
I would say Rise of the Tomb Raider too, but its not out till 2016 on PC.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
Besides fallout 4. Anno 2205 is looking really fun too, will probably get it after ubisoft fucks up launch like they usually do.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Black Ops III because four player campaign. All of the yes. Plus, Treyarch still knows how to make the single player fun, and I'm super excited to see they're continuing the zombie storyline with the original cast.

Star Wars Battlefront because it's Star Wars, but I'll admit that I'd be a lot more excited if there was a single player...

And Halo 5, but alas, I don't have a Xbox One, so I'm not super excited. I will get one eventually though, and then get that game.

I think the game I'm most excited for though is Dark Souls III, but that doesn't come out until next year, so doesn't count.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
No Man's Sky, assuming they deliver on their Q4 2015 wish.

You know how once in a million a game comes along that pushes all your buttons? Well, No Man's Sky pushes all my buttons alright. Then calmly pets and massages those buttons with tender love and care. It then rubs soothing lotion over said buttons. It then wraps the buttons in a soft blanket and tells them everything will be okay. That's how much I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky.

By God I'm going to no-life that shit so hard, and believe me I haven't done that with a videogame in like 7 years.

Now if that'll be delayed 'till 2016, and I hope not because my second semester will be hell, I'll pick Fallout 4. I really love me some Fallout. I think those are the only two game purchases I'm planning for the fall season as I'm rather tight on money. Dreadnought looks awesome too but I can never put enough time in a multiplayer game these days to have fun in it. Except Duck Game, I can always have fun in Duck Game despite sucking at it.

XCOM 2 looks great too but I lack the time for it, despite loving XCOM: Enemy Unknown I never managed to finish it. Anno 2205 might be a buy at a later date. The same counts for Star Wars Battlefront but I'm a bit skeptical about that one. Shadowrun Hong Kong might be sweet but I have to finish Dragonfall first, but more time goes to tabletop Shadowrun these days. SOMA I might end up giving a shot too eventually, same with Adr1ft.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Heart of Thorns are the releases I'm most looking forward to in 2015, which aren't included in the poll. Of those included, I guess the vote goes to Battlefront.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I'm actually going to be travelling overseas for 10 months with no access to a current gen console or decent PC so all of these games are going to be unavailable to me. It means when I get back, there'll be three open world games I desperately want to play waiting for me: MGSV, Fallout 4 and the Witcher 3 (which I haven't gotten around to yet).

The one it's going to be hardest to go without is definitely the Phantom Pain. I got into Ground Zeroes late, but I loved what little was there and having to wait nearly a year after everyone else to finish the story will be hard.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Xenoblade Chronicles X and Shantae half genie hero. Not really playing games at the moment however as time wont allow and its also killing my enthusiasm for them cos its kinda hard to get excited about something you wont be able to play.

Looking forward to SFV next year however. Out of the poll I am mildly looking forward to MGSV but havent even bothered to play 4 yet as I did not really like 2 and 3 lots (still hopeful for 5 tho for some reason) and Tomb Raider because I really enjoyed the reboot but I will be waiting and get it on PS4 so probably wont be playing it this year as for the rest it varies from mild disinterest to couldn't care less.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Of the poll? None. I've pre-ordered Halo 5: Guardians, but more out of grudging obligation to the series rather than genuine enthusiasm. The only question is whether it manages to be more of a stinker than Halo 4.