Poll: Now the drought is almost over, what 2015 games are you excited for?

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Next games I'll get are, Destiny TTK (yeah, I know... but I love this game), MGSV and Tomb Raider. Might eventually pick Fallout 4, but not right now.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Off the top of my head;

Mad Max
Just Cause 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox Zero
Star Wars Battlefront
Halo 5

Just Cause 3 is the one I'm most excited about. Just Cause 2 is an incredibly fun sandbox, so if they can improve on that (and signs point to that being the case) then it could quite possibly be one of the best sandboxes ever made.

Might pick up Fallout 4 (not sure yet) and I'm interested in MGS V but I need to play the others first. Might see how Black Ops III fairs too. Not gonna bother with Tomb Raider cause I'll just pick it up on PC in the spring.

EDIT: Persona 5 too if it actually does get released this year.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
No Man's Sky, assuming they deliver on their Q4 2015 wish.

You know how once in a million a game comes along that pushes all your buttons? Well, No Man's Sky pushes all my buttons alright. Then calmly pets and massages those buttons with tender love and care. It then rubs soothing lotion over said buttons. It then wraps the buttons in a soft blanket and tells them everything will be okay. That's how much I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky.

By God I'm going to no-life that shit so hard, and believe me I haven't done that with a videogame in like 7 years.

Now if that'll be delayed 'till 2016, and I hope not because my second semester will be hell, I'll pick Fallout 4. I really love me some Fallout. I think those are the only two game purchases I'm planning for the fall season as I'm rather tight on money.
This, all the way through. I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on No Man's Sky, and Fallout 4 is just underneath it.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Uh, sofar only Fallout 4. To call this year one of the best (for pc) years is kinda funny though.

I mean if you play consoles i guess Bloodborne is a big plus and for PC Witcher 3 seems to be a blast - but i just hate startin' in the middle of such a series and also i consider the Witcher 2 one of my most boring gaming expiriences.

But for me it's just a normal year i guess. Cities Skylines, Darkest Dungeon, a nice PoE addon (free), Rocket League and the wait for FO4.
I bought some old stuff though. And also since i spend alot of time playin' Civ5, Eu4, League, HotS, PoE and/or Rocket League, which can be played forever i guess i don't even really need new games.
Jeez, now that i'm thinkin' there's still a Mount&Blade game i should finish, for example!

Also i see alot of people mentioning Shadowrun, i'd really like to hear if the new one is any good. I only played the first one aaaaand i thought i was okay. It seems to be a mish-mash of 3rd/4th Edition and simplyfies -alot-, thus i probably just stick to Pen&Paper - without that i'd probably had more reasons to play it.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Let's see here...

Alleged 2015 releases:
Duelyst
Mordheim: city of the damned
Darkest dungeon
No man's sky? Apparently? According to others in this thread? I certainly wouldn't complain.

Definite (afaik) 2015 releases:
Armello
Blood bowl 2 (in large part due to the inevitable polaris rumble 2.0)
Satellite reign
Shadowrun: hong kong
And of course the big one: XCOM 2

You may notice a genre theme here, but I assure you my full wishlist is much more varied. Q3/4 of 2015 just happens to be the time to release tactics stuff apparently.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Persona 5 has me fucking stoked.

I've also been waiting what feels like a century for Fallout 4. I've avoided news so far, and I intend to keep it that way. It's going to be a good, good year.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
XCOM 2 is really the only one I'm excited for. I don't really have expectations for MGS but I'll give it a go and see how I like it.

Bethesda's writing is so goddamn terrible I can't work up any enthusiasm for Fallout 4.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Rather 2016 but Battleborn is on my radar, but I will only buy it after I've seen reviews.
Maybe Mad Max, but games around mostly vehicles easily lose my attention.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
MGSV, Persona 5 and Just Cause 3.

I'll try to finish MGS III before V releases, and see if I could get a used PS3 for P5. JC3 just looks like more of Just Cause 2, so yeah.

"Excitement" for me is games that do good enough. It'd be hard to fuck up any of the above. Everything else getting released doesn't...fill me with any confidence.

There's also Homefront The Revolution, but I'll need to see some more gameplay to get a good enough grasp on it.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Silvanus said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Maximum Bert said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pretty much this. I'm super hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles X! I really wish I didn't have to wait so long.

Of the choices in the poll though, I'd say Super Mario Maker looks pretty interesting.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
New Frontiersman said:
Of the choices in the poll though, I'd say Super Mario Maker looks pretty interesting.
I got to play Super Mario Maker at Hyper Japan not long ago. Was pretty fun, particularly trying the community's "hardest" levels leaderboards.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
There are only 2 games Im excited about for the rest of the year. 1. Shadowrun Hong kong. 2. Fallout 4

Shadowrun made my best game of the year list 2 years ago and continues to be one of my favorite games to date due to the active modding community that creatres content and stories. Shadowrun Dragonfall was also in my top 5 games of the year list last year. Shadowrun hong kong is something that just says its going to be just as good, if not better, then the previous 2 stories done by Harebrained schemes

Fallout 4...well its fallout 4. I loved fallout 3 (new vegas was enjoyable though not as good IMO) and it remains number 8 on my best games of all time list. I cant wait to see what they do with the wasteland again

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Fallout 4 and.... Fallout 4.

Yeah, not much else the rest of the year that interests me. I never played a Metal Gear game (Besides Revengeance,) so while MGSV looks cool I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon. I hope the Mad Max game turns out good, though. Persona 5 I'm certainly excited for, but I don't know if it'll end up coming this year.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Metal Gear Solid V!!!

Metal Gear is probably my favorite series anyway, but The Phantom Pain looks absolutely amazing, totes one of the best games in a long time.

XCOM 2 and Armikrog also look nice, and I'm probably also gonna pick up Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, and maybe Project Mirai DX as well.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I don't think Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to PC until next year, unless I mis-remembered the details on that deal, so out of the choices above I can only choose Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
MGS5 for me as well. I still feel the excitement that predates the release of a new MGS game, simply by how cool and amazing Phantom Pain looks. And this game is just around the corner. :p

Other than that I'm quite excited for Fallout 4. Really enjoyed the previous game(despite the bugs and performance issues) and I have no doubt FO4 will be an improvement in every way.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, and Salt and Sanctuary are the only ones that really spring to mind. There are also a few Vita ports of games that are supposed to be released this year but have no release dates. Mainly Axiom Verge, Not a Hero and Bastion.

As for the options in the poll. I don't know. Mario Maker will probably be pretty cool. Fallout 4 too, although I don't have a PC that can run it. I do plan on buying a good PC sometime though. Maybe when I see how much tax I get back.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Given to my computer hardware limitation and my console selection, I only got a few.

It's mainly Fire Emblem: Fates and Dragon Quest VIII for the 3DS and those upcoming kickstarter games like Starr Mazer, Hyper Light Drifter and Death's Gambit.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Fallout 4 is the only game i'm really looking forward to. And i'll probably pick up tomb rider whenever/if it decides to release the PC version.