Poll: NVIDIA or Radeon

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Ive only used an AMD/ATI card once. My god it was pretty back in the day. Everything was so fluid in my very first PC build. Sadly it only lasted roughly about a month before the transistors popped on the card requiring me to buy a brand new VC on top of almost the 1000$ invested in the total build with the original card. So despite it not looking nearly as bleeding edge good, I went back to Nvidia and have yet to look back or even be compelled to give Radeon a second look.

The Nossa

Jan 25, 2011
Lopende Paddo said:
The Nossa said:
Simple question, which type of card do you prefer and why?

Personally I've used both types and have no real preference.
because its all i know. and it hasn't failed me yet.
That's an interesting choice. :p

I misspelled NVIDIA wrong twice *facepalms*

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Nvidia for me. They're never let me down and I hope it stays that way. Thought I haven't had much time with a Radeon.

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
Windcaler said:
Ive only bought 1 Radeon graphics card before and I had a lot of issues with it plus their customer service rep obviously wasnt experienced enough to help me solve my problem but the nail in the coffin was she was just rude. I kind of swore off Radeon then and havnt tried them again.
I'm confused. You act as though all AMD/ATI card manufacturers are the same, (they're not - also why are we referring to AMD/ATI cards as Radeons - that's just a specific family of AMD's cards...). You're going to get different levels of customer service between different companies...some are known to be really good, some are known to be abysmal.

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
gmaverick019 said:
JudgeGame said:
loc978 said:
JudgeGame said:
loc978 said:
Five years ago I would have said NVIDIA, because ATI drivers were a ***** to deal with. Nowadays, NVIDIA and Intel can suck it. They overcharge damn near as badly as Apple... and OpenGL support is far more important than Windows drivers, what with Windows gaming circling the drain.
Is there a better alternative to an Intel processor? I was just about to buy one.
Not really, if what you're looking for is the fastest thing available (same goes for NVIDIA)... which is really only useful for future-proofing your system at this point. If you just want to play every game on the market on high graphical settings for the next five years or so, build an AMD system at about half the price.

**edit**
mind you, if you're just buying a processor to upgrade an existing system, you're stuck within a single generation of intel processors by the slot on your motherboard... same as any other computer (at least the good, modular ones that don't have the processor soldered onto the board).
I'm building it from scratch. It's pretty hard to figure out what graphics card suits me just by looking at numbers. I had already settled on the Intel Core i5 3750K Ivy Bridge processor but maybe not. Graphics cards all look ridiculously expensive to me right now and to add insult to injury they all come with Assassin's Creed III which I wouldn't touch with a long stick.
not trying to market or anything, but i literally just saw this deal after i read your post, so figured i'd forward it to you.

http://promotions.newegg.com/VGA/13-0210/index.html?cm_mmc=SNC-Facebook-_-POST-_-BlackNovember-_-NA&nm_mc=SNC-Facebook

I have a 7850 and my friend has a 7870, they both run great and are pretty damn power efficient (a.k.a. can run anything out there maxed out just fine.)

if you are interested in either of those games, that's a great value, essentially 100 bucks or so that you wouldn't have to spend normally.
Thanks. You're right, that offer is insane. Unfortunately, I don't live in the US or Canada. I'm probably going to wait out until they offer a package like that in a store I have access to. If you're gonna go broke, at least a good game will soften the blow.

Edit: Actually I can get this offer in Europe. Thank you for the info. It's too good an offer to pass by.