Poll: Opinions on Cannabis?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Tried it a few times. It's quite calming, but completely unnecessary for a person of my temperament and health (great for high-strung people and those with major internal disorders, though). I prefer to drink a few beers. Excellent muscle relaxer, helps with all my old injuries.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I,m from Holland and I like my government to make up its mind, its current policy is kinda like this:
"cannabis is illigeal but we arent going to do anything about it" it either needs to be legal or needs to be taken care of IMHO. I have never tried any type of drugs and dont realy feel the need for it

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
If it's legalised, or someone I trust was offering, I'd try it. I have no inclination to seek it out though.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
Hardcore_gamer said:
PrimoThePro said:
People can be HILARIOUS high.
As well as dangerous.
Wrong. Not on Cannabis. Yes certain controlling substances can make a person more threatening, but this is not one. And you can't fault people for calling you out on such a blanket statement, you should've taken time to clarify.

shootdown

May 21, 2009
it is not addictive, and its awesome. The best way to describe being high is that its like your chillin level just went up to 99. I mean if you try it and don't like it then thats not a problem, im just saying don't knock it till you've had a go. And tbh, most drugs are just as if not less dangerous than alcohol, the idea of any substance being illegal is absurd to me and a violation of a persons rights, the only drugs i don't ever want to try are coke, heroine and probably crystal meth, because they really are dangerous, but i still don't think they should be illegal.

Back to the point though, weed is not a dangerous drug herb and everybody whose done their research knows it, hell, it recently got bumped up to class B from class C in england because it's apparently a lot stronger than it used to be, but you know what the police do if they catch you smoking weed? as long as you don't have enough on you to count as 'possession with intent to sell' they just take it off you and try to scare you with a street warning. Thats it, because everybody knows its pretty much harmless.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I smoke it from time to time. Never caused me any problems (except for that one time where I ate too many cookies), and I've never felt addicted by it.

Mar 9, 2010
Greyfox105 said:
*Hisses*
The cannabis... it is evil...
Never tried it, never will.
It would stop me from giving blood if I did sully myself with it.
I count it as sullying because it would feth up all of my plans if I touched any drug.
But cannabis really stinks, which is enough excuse for me to stay the hell away from it.
I don't want to mess myself up with it like so many others where I live.
Mind asking what plans? I've assumed political. I can't help but pry. Also, I'm not sure how it messes people's lives up. As long as you have a strong sense of free will and can control yourself there should be no addiction.

OT: I would try it if I was offered it, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. After seeing results to show that it isn't medically addictive and that it wasn't nearly as lethal as nicotine or alcohol then I see no reason to not try it. I'm not going to condemn something I have no experience with. Also, what's the point of living if you restrict yourself to following laws that define what you can choose to try as a person?

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
The textual sentence "I will NEVER use it." really just sounds like a denial of the truth.

It has been proved that it is not harmful, not addictive and it is probably a better alternative to ethanol.

Your local church tells you that Cannabis is the Devil's plant. The pope used to tell people that the earth was flat.

If you do not wish to inject this narcotic, do not do so because either
1) IT IS DRUGS!!!! - Chocolate, Coffee, Cigarettes, Sugar all are drugs/narcotics by the same definition.
2) IT IS A GATEWAY DRUG!!!! - The wish for an alternate reality is the gateway. Rational use of marijuana has absolutely no gateway effect.
3) IT IS HARMFUL TO SOCIETY!!!! - Ban ethanol first before trying to keep away THC.
4) 5) 6) I do not have the time to list all arguments of the biased.

If you do not wish to use it, it is completely fine, just do not do so because of socially inherited bias.

terrible cheeb

Nov 7, 2009
i use it most days and have been since i was 12 (18 now), it just makes everything better. food tastes better, musics is better, im better at games when high, im more creative, sex is better, it relaxs me and lets me think more clearly.

before people then try claiming im a lazy waster, im currently doing A levels ( physics, photography and psychology), learning and competing in martial arts competions ( brazilian jiu-jitsu) and produce music.

I am fully aware of the stigma surrounding cannabis, but most of this is due to uneducated opinons based on 70's propaganda and the only reason cannabis was made illegal is due to the cotton industry in the begining of the last century.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
-Snip-
Mind asking what plans? I've assumed political. I can't help but pry. Also, I'm not sure how it messes people's lives up. As long as you have a strong sense of free will and can control yourself there should be no addiction.
You are unworthy of knowing my plans
Right, now that I've gotten that out of the way...
No, my plans do not have any political element, although, if I wish to better serve my people, I could look toward such a course as a political career.
If I use any illegal drugs, ever, I will be unable to donate blood ever again.
And as for messing lives up, if you could see the people in my area, you'd understand.
There are a lot of (weak-willed) drug users in my area, and they are a hazard to anyone they are near. Not to mention thieving bastards, and little vandals.
They steal to continue their habit. It ruins their lives, and the lives of their victims, and families. At least here, it does.

terrible cheeb

Nov 7, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
-Snip-
You are unworthy of knowing my plans
Right, now that I've gotten that out of the way...
No, my plans do not have any political element, although, if I wish to better serve my people, I could look toward such a course as a political career.
If I use any illegal drugs, ever, I will be unable to donate blood ever again.
And as for messing lives up, if you could see the people in my area, you'd understand.
There are a lot of (weak-willed) drug users in my area, and they are a hazard to anyone they are near. Not to mention thieving bastards, and little vandals.
They steal to continue their habit. It ruins their lives, and the lives of their victims, and families. At least here, it does.
i fear you may be generalizing slightly here. not everyone who smokes weed is a scummy degenerate criminal. those people that live near you are fuck ups. if they didnt start smoking weed, they would drink alcohol, if not that that then smoking crack or something like that. people like that are always going to fuck up, then they always blame what ever it is they choose to alter their mental state.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
terrible cheeb said:
-Snip-
i fear you may be generalizing slightly here. not everyone who smokes weed is a scummy degenerate criminal. those people that live near you are fuck ups. if they didnt start smoking weed, they would drink alcohol, if not that that then smoking crack or something like that. people like that are always going to fuck up, then they always blame what ever it is they choose to alter their mental state.
Nope, I'm not generalising. I specifically said "In my area" in my previous post.
Sure, there are bound to be better people out there who abuse certain illegal substances, but where I am, which were the ones I was on about, they are, as you summed up my post about them, "scummy degenerate criminal(s)".
Oh, and they do drink alcohol here as well. It is quite a problem.
Drunk chavs, drugged-up chavs, chavs that couldn't get their fix, etc.
It isn't just the substances they abuse, you are correct, they are messed up. But the substances certainly don't help, whereas without them there would have been a chance at molding the little buggers into something better for society.
I'm just glad they aren't like this everywhere, I wouldn't wish these scum on anyone >.>

terrible cheeb

Nov 7, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
terrible cheeb said:
-Snip-
Nope, I'm not generalising. I specifically said "In my area" in my previous post.
Sure, there are bound to be better people out there who abuse certain illegal substances, but where I am, which were the ones I was on about, they are, as you summed up my post about them, "scummy degenerate criminal(s)".
Oh, and they do drink alcohol here as well. It is quite a problem.
Drunk chavs, drugged-up chavs, chavs that couldn't get their fix, etc.
It isn't just the substances they abuse, you are correct, they are messed up. But the substances certainly don't help, whereas without them there would have been a chance at molding the little buggers into something better for society.
I'm just glad they aren't like this everywhere, I wouldn't wish these scum on anyone >.>
"cant get their fix"? cannabis isnt addcitve

"molding them into something for society"? society is already fucked tbh and not due to drugs but humanities innate, greedy nature.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
terrible cheeb said:
-Snip-
"cant get their fix"? cannabis isnt addcitve

"molding them into something for society"? society is already fucked tbh and not due to drugs but humanities innate, greedy nature.
Please, I beseech you, knock that into the heads of the addicts in my area, I'm sure that'll stop them.
And yes, they could have been made into something more useful for society.
But that chance was lost. Society may be fucked in your opinion, but the death-throes could have at least been delayed longer.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I have no use for cannabis or drugs. I don't see the point in using either for recreation or from escaping from reality.

Also, I've been in a car with two people smoking the stuff and I didn't get affected at all :/