Poll: Pastafarianism

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Krion_Vark said:
Christianity: The belief that one man died for all sins and everyone is forgiven.
Scientology: The belief that alien souls reside within every human being.

Now you try it
i hardly think "the world was created by a ball of spaghetti" quite captures what this discussion is about

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Actually, I've been looking for a religion that accepts gay people and it turns out the only one is satanism, so what does the FSM think about this?

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
No. I switch regularly between Christianity, misotheistic Pandeism, and Slenderism, depending on how serious I feel like being at the moment.

Also, I find Pastafarianism offensive. Yes, I know that it's a real thing that people take seriously and not just a joke. But it was created essentially as a slap against the theory of intelligent design, and the entire basic point of the mess is "Our parody religion is stupid, therefore your religion is stupid". Now that, Tankichi, is circular logic.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Well, I actually believe in a God, so I see the Pastafanarianist movement as just a way to end the teachings of Creationism in school; A just cause, but they're doing it in the most asinine way possible.

If you actually believe a Spaghetti Monster got drunk off of a Beer Volcano and made Pirates the Prophets to him, by all means believe (It is a possibility), I just don't believe it.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
AxCx said:
I was talking about when you said "Stop acting all surprised when someone mentions that atheists are assholes"
There is plent of reason to be surprised that someone could be so stupid as to stereotype an entire group of people like that.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
interspark said:
EDIT: sorry, if i could just clear this up now, Pastafarianism is NOT a joke, it's a religion like any other! THATS THE WHOLE POINT! *sigh* just look it up on wiki
Actually, it's a joke in the form of parody/satire. You know, mocking religion by creating an intentionally absurd mythology (pirate regalia, beer volcanoes and stripper factories) that's technically as legitimate as any other religion.

You also might want to look into Discordianism as another example, as there's a bit more to it. The Principia Discordia [http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/1.php] is available on the internet for free, and everyone gets to be a Pope.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
dududf said:
Naw, I'm the leader of the Systemonians.

I worship the system admin.

I made it several years ago when I got into a debate regarding what makes one religion more legitimate then another, and no I will not continue that here.

(it's not a serious religion, it's mainly just a gag joke I use.)
well since I am going to college for this get on your knees and bow down to your Queen
*just kidding*
I am offended good Madam! You've infringed upon my religious beliefs! *fake angst goes here!*

Anyways, the big bang? Yeah the admin had to reformat the system.

Life?

The System admin installed his own version of Sims for shits and giggles.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
I think it's pretty funny, and it is a joke.
And a poorly hid one aswell.

because you either have to be:
A: An idiot to believe their ideas.
B: An atheist mocking religion.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
SnootyEnglishman said:
Nope because i follow the one true leader..Cthulhu.
Then you may enjoy this (as blasphemous as it is to the great one)
(I just needed an opportunity to post this)

OT: Yeah, I looked this up on Wikipedia, I don't take this seriously. It seems like a joke to me. I take it like Scientology, but funnier and Tom Cruise doesn't freak out about it.

And yes, I'm Catholic. I'm supposed to be a good sport and respect other religions, and I do, but stuff like this and Scientology I just simply can't really classify as religion. Pastafarianism is still kinda funny though.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I am not a pastafarian but I do love the FSM. I know very little else about the religion; most of what I do know came from a Cracked article a few years back.

BTW if any of you notice me ever claim to be a pastafarian, smack me for being a hypocrite will ya?

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
interspark said:
ok, just to be doubly crystal clear... THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! I AM NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY!!!
Well, since you said to check wiki, I did. Pastafarianism redirects to 'Floating Spaghetti Monster', the first sentence of which is:
The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the parody religion the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism.
Now, I follow the link to 'parody religion', and it says:
A parody religion or mock religion is either a parody of a religion, sect or cult, or a relatively unserious religion that many people may take as being too esoteric to be classified as a "real" religion.
It is also part of a series on wiki under 'Irreligions'.

Either you's trollin', or... God, I don't want to think of the alternative!

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Because nothing convinces religious people that they are wrong like being a smug dismissive prick.

vento 231

Dec 31, 2009
I honestly thought it was created by south park at first, I love the idea, it makes more sense than christianity.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
interspark said:
EDIT: sorry, if i could just clear this up now, Pastafarianism is NOT a joke, it's a religion like any other! THATS THE WHOLE POINT! *sigh* just look it up on wiki

ok, just to be doubly crystal clear... THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! I AM NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY!!!
Okay, after reading this, fail.

No, I'm pretty much an atheist, unless they invent a religion that preaches what atheists believe in (that is, to say, the absence of a deity). Then I'd still be an atheist, but I'd still believe in a religion.

Until then, no. Especially not one about a flying spaghetti...thing.

With that being said, I read a bit about Pastafarianism, and it's actually pretty interesting.

But still, no, I don't believe in it. Not seriously, at least. But still, His Noodly Appendage be blessed!

SubManCow

Jul 10, 2008
I'll just leave my deity's chants here:

"Blood for the Blood God!"
"Skulls for the Skull Throne!"

/sarcasm

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
interspark said:
Moosh50 said:
interspark said:
I would be but i live with my mum and I dought she'd take it seriously
Soo, you are afraid to express your faith because you fear being ridiculed?

What a devout pastaboy you are, I'm sure Pasthulhu would be proud.

Personally I find Pasrafarianism quite silly. Can you be a worshipper of you have celiac? Or are those individuals considered 'cursed'?

I'm a misotheist myself.
actually, now that ive looked into it a bit more, i disagree with pastafarianism, turns out they agree with the christians in that the FSM planted fossils to fool us, which i always thought was quite silly
Now I don't know if the OP is still too lost to really understand Pastafarianism or he's been playing us all as fools.

Successful Troll is successful?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Here is one of their beliefs:

"Henderson presented the argument that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates since the 1800s."

... Naaaaah, I'll pass.