Poll: Phantom Menace in 3D Friday??

citrusfr00t

Apr 29, 2010
I was just wondering what other Star Wars fans are going to see the movie this Friday and why? I honestly hated the prequels, but as a SW fan feel obligated to attend the movie.

So SW fans, will you be going to see Phantom Menace in 3D??? Why or why not???

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I don't understand that logic. If I don't like a movie I've already seen, I'm not paying to see it again in the cinema. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I won't be seeing the Phantom Menace in 3D, for a couple of reasons. (1) I don't like 3D, and (2) I'd rather watch it at home.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I don't particularly have anything against Phantom Menace (in fact, I rather enjoyed the big duel at the end), but I've seen it and I don't see any way that 3D would add to the film.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
As a Star Wars fan I feel obligated to pretend that movie doesn't exist and that Star Wars will never be released to cinemas in 3D.
As Marter said your logic doesn't make sense, if you don't like it don't watch it just like I ignore it's happening by forgetting about it until either a commercial brings it up or someone mentions it but after another 5 minutes it will fade away from my mind completely which allows me to be a very happy Star Wars fan, that being said I do wish they would release an unedited version on DVD and Blu-Ray the VHS looks too blurry.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010

Not a snowballs chance in hell. It's not that I really really hate the movies that bad, but I really really hate this 3D bullshit

citrusfr00t

Apr 29, 2010
Kaleion said:
As a Star Wars fan I feel obligated to pretend that movie doesn't exist and that Star Wars will never be released to cinemas in 3D.
As Marter said your logic doesn't make sense, if you don't like it don't watch it just like I ignore it's happening by forgetting about it until either a commercial brings it up or someone mentions it but after another 5 minutes it will fade away from my mind completely which allows me to be a very happy Star Wars fan, that being said I do wish they would release an unedited version on DVD and Blu-Ray the VHS looks too blurry.
I honestly don't even understand my logic D: ...I think deep down inside I am hoping for the movie to just be magically amazing this time (even though it shall suck). That shred of hope is compelling me to see this film.

And omg that would truly be amazing, I can't stand the edited versions.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It plays in 2D at some places so that's what I'm going to do: I'm not seeing it in 3D because I don't care for 3D but I will see it in theaters in 2D. What can I say, I love the cinema experience and can't wait to see the other 5 Star Wars in theaters! Or is it 8...isn't Lucas working on a new trilogy to be released after Return is through theaters in the third of all D's?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I completely forgot it was even opening this week. That is how little I care about these 3D rereleases.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
No thanks, I saw it opening day the first time already so yeah, no reason to see it again unless they kill Jar Jar. There's really no damn reason to see it in 3D, there's no real "3D" style scene's that are there to begin with.

So yeah, unless Jar Jar get's killed I'm not going to see it. :D

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Yes. For several reasons. One is because I want to get my friends into watching StarWars since they've never seen them before. A perfect opportunity if you ask me. The other reason is because the pod-race and battles will look beautiful on a big screen and in 3D. Even if the 3D turns out to be shit, I'll still enjoy it with my friends. Hopefully they do too.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Yes, for weird reasons.
I hate 3D, but I love the Phantom Menace. I want to see what they've tried to do with the 3D.

However if they are going to release all the films in 3D then I'm not going to go see them.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I'm going to spend the money that it costs to go to the cinema to buy a big bottle of alcohol, and drink it all whilst playing morrowind. I have no desire to see it (even though I thought it was an ok film) because (1) it's 3D and (2) I can watch it on Dvd anytime I want, and that version will probably have less unnecessary crap layered on top of it, knowing George Lucas.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
The only possible reason to rewatch any of the Star Wars prequels would be to oggle Natalie Portman in 3-D. But even then:
1. I already saw her in Thor in 3-D
2. I don't want to spend the whole movie feeling sorry for her (and Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson and everyone else in the cast with a tiny bit of talent) having to work with such a terrible script.

So yeah no, I think I'll pass and watch something else instead. Or just skip the cinema altogether and get cracking on reading some of my textbooks before University starts up. Truthfully I think these movies coming back will only reignite the age old debate:
"I say Phantom Menace sucks more!"
"I say Attack of the Clones sucks more!"

Noxman

Mar 4, 2010
The hate is something I never understood. I was a fan of the originals and thouroughly enjoyed The Phantom Menace. That said I won't be seeing it again in 3d; that is something I really don't understand.

It is simply George Lucas cashing in on a new generation ready for some Star Wars.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I'll be honest. I fucking loved this movie when it came out. I was only 6 dont hurt me!
It was a fun movie at the time but there's no denying it is quite a bad movie, and i fail to see how rereleasing it with 3D applied post production is any reason to go see it again.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I don't care about 3D, but the only Star Wars movies I saw in the original theatrical run were Clones & Sith. And they're showing all six in cinemas aren't they? In that case, sold? 3D, schmeedy. Prequels, shmequels. I wanna see the Star Wars movies in cinemas, godammnit!

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
In short, no.

In long...Hell, you know how that goes.

Now if it were Empire Strikes Back, maybe then I'd be tempted.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Absolutely not. The only way I'd go to the theaters for anything Star Wars related is if they started showing the original theatrical cuts of the first trilogy.
I might also pay money towards some kind of court injunction to prevent Lucas from bastardizing them any further.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
citrusfr00t said:
So SW fans, will you be going to see Phantom Menace in 3D??? Why or why not???
I don't like 3D
I don't like TPM
I have it on DVD anyway
I don't like the re-release mess that Lucas has made.

I can't see me enjoying it, funnily enough!
D'you fancy guessing which way I voted? :p