Poll: Phantom Menace in 3D Friday??

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Never saw it in theaters when it came out the first time so i might if i have the extra money & someone to see it with.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
I've seen the movie so many times that I could probably recall it in my mind completely. Its on tv every other month as well. So going to watch in the cinema is just gonna be boring, 3d or not.

Also, I agree with 370999, the Redlettermedia reviews on the star wars prequels are more entertaining.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Saying, "I have to go because I'm a Star Wars fan" is utterly stupid, by the way. That's like saying you have to drink the 6 month old carton of milk because you like regular milk. Phantom Menace was mostly crap, save for Liam Neeson and Ewan MacGreggor, but 3D is not going to make anyone else's performances anything more than one dimensional (ZING!).

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
It's the exact same movie as before, just with 3D special effects in order for Lucas to force-milk the cash cow out of Star Wars fans that feel like they "owe" it to him.

So, no. I can watch the original in all it's horrible glory and get the exact same experience, just with one less pod-racer flying out of the screen at me.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Id rather be FUS RO DAH'd off the Throat of the World while covered in lava, snakes and angry dwarfs stabbing me with blunt knifes.

So no, i dont think i will be going. Mostly because i hate 3D.

Lazier Than Thou

Jun 27, 2009
No.

Actually, I decided to watch the original trilogy of Star Wars after watching through the Red Letter Media take down of the prequels. Frankly, I couldn't get through A New Hope before I realized that Star Wars really isn't for me.

When it comes to setting, I can accept just about anything. Magical knights from outer space with laser swords? Yeah, I get that. Sounds good. Something I can really get behind.

The story, though? Nuh uh. Can't do it. It was just so entirely irrational.

I love the setting, but the story? Nope.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Marter said:
I don't understand that logic. If I don't like a movie I've already seen, I'm not paying to see it again in the cinema. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I won't be seeing the Phantom Menace in 3D, for a couple of reasons. (1) I don't like 3D, and (2) I'd rather watch it at home.
Regarding number two, are you implying you'd actually watch The Phantom Menace voluntarily?

OT: The only prequel I liked was Sith, so I'm considering seeing the latter 4 films in the saga, but I also dislike 3D enough to forgo another Star Wars theater-going experience. I'm a bit conflicted about this.

I'll probably just buy the whole saga on Blu-Ray. Forunately, I can overlook the new Krayt dragon call and the new NOOOOOOO!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
TLS14 said:
Regarding number two, are you implying you'd actually watch The Phantom Menace voluntarily?
Absolutely. I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies, and someday soon will be doing a six-film back-to-back viewing. :)

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Marter said:
TLS14 said:
Absolutely. I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies, and someday soon will be doing a six-film back-to-back viewing. :)
Bold: Wat.

But now that you mention it, this is a great opportunity to watch the entire series back-to-back. Perhaps, if they're all released frequently enough, I'll actually go see them in theaters. Besides, the 3D might turn out pretty good. I think I'll give it a shot.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
www.redlettermedia.com are doing something interesting on friday to do with star wars 3d. Especially as one reviewer is dead and the main reviews is promoting Star Wars 3d like a POW paraded on TV.

So watch it for that....redlettermedia....not starwars 3d which is a ripoff.

Remember, James Cameron hated films that added 3d afterwards instead of filing with 3d cameras. Now James Cameron is fine with it because he did the same with Titanic, adding 3d to a movie that wasnt shot with tv cameras. Big rip off. Also he said Avatar was meant to be seen in 3d, but released the movie in 2d on dvd....if he was so passionate about 3d then why release it 2d? I say money. :)

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
TLS14 said:

But now that you mention it, this is a great opportunity to watch the entire series back-to-back. Perhaps, if they're all released frequently enough, I'll actually go see them in theaters. Besides, the 3D might turn out pretty good. I think I'll give it a shot.
When I was younger, my parents didn't show them to me, and after I started caring to watch them, there were already four or five, and I basically just said "screw it."

I do want to see them, though, and once I can find a copy of them all (for cheap, of course ;p), I'm going to watch 'em all.

As for the theatrical releases: They originally said that the plan was to release one a year. I don't know if that's frequent enough for you, or if they've changed it, but there you go.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
Marter said:
TLS14 said:

When I was younger, my parents didn't show them to me, and after I started caring to watch them, there were already four or five, and I basically just said "screw it."

I do want to see them, though, and once I can find a copy of them all (for cheap, of course ;p), I'm going to watch 'em all.

As for the theatrical releases: They originally said that the plan was to release one a year. I don't know if that's frequent enough for you, or if they've changed it, but there you go.
yep, the plan is still for 1 per year. I'm planning to see all of them.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I might, might, go see the re-release of A New Hope, if only because I've never seen it on the big screen and my local theater tends to get 2D versions of all the big 3D movies.

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
Pay X amount of money to see the worst Star Wars(in my opinion) just because ITS IN 3D!!!!!! I think I'll pass.