Poll: Phantom Menace in 3D Friday??

Weealzabob

Jun 4, 2011
While I would love to go see the Darth Maul lightsaber fight on the big screen again, I doubt I'll go see the prequels. (Maybe Revenge of the Sith when it comes out. Maybe.) Anyway right now, I don't have enough money to warrent going to see 3D movies, especially ones that I feel pretty meh towards.
But once it gets to the original trilogy I'll be there right away. I don't mind that it's in 3D, I don't care that it'll be the remastered versions, because getting too see the original films on the big screen for the first time, would be an amazing treat for me.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I thought the internet (and everyone) thought the Phantom Menace was the worst Star Wars film. Doesn't seem like a smart thing to do. I know Im not going to see it. I know many people think the same.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
No.

I can't stand the thought of watching that scene where Qui-Gon grabs Jar Jar's tongue in 3D. It pisses me off because it seems as though that scene was specifically designed with 3D in mind, therefore I refuse to participate.

I'll see II and III when they come out in 3D though.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Nah. I'll skip this one.

Episode 2 and 3 are negotiable, Episode 4, 5 and 6 a little bit more mandatory than the other ones. I just hope the number of new 'enhancements' takes a step back,

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Not due to the 3D, but just because I haven't watched any of the star wars films in quite a long time, might be nice to watch them in order and have the 'cinema experience' while doing so, it's not quite the same on DVD.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Yep i will go. i like prequel star wars because for me star wars nothing but popcorn fun. So old trilogy and new one are same to me: dudes waving fluorescent lamps and talk about magic.

i'm Star Trek person.

J3bba

Dec 7, 2010
Dual of the Fates. And Liam Nesson. That is why I'm going to see it. And also the fact that cause it's a Starwars film and I'm a Starwars fan I kinda have to :p

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I don't actually like the movie going experience at all. I won't watch movies in a theater regardless of how interested I am in them.

If I could tolerate the experience, I'd go and watch all the Star Wars movies except Ep2.

Spandexpanda

Mar 16, 2011
George Lucas only re-released this in 3D so he could have more money to bathe in. 3D adds nothing to the experience.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I don't know why but I feel myself compelled to see it. I've got the film on DVD for fuck sake, and haven't felt the need to watch it in years, yet suddenly the prospect of seeing it in 3D in the cinema is oddly alluring to me.

Aerowaves

Sep 10, 2009
The only good thing about the prequels was that they spawned decent games. 3D films are pointless and make my eyes hurt.

I instead choose to weep at the current state of the film industry! Productive, I know.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
Nope, for two reasons:
- I'm not going to pay to see a film I've already seen just to see it in 3d (I'm sure there are exceptions, but this isn't one...
- I'm not going to pay to see a film I really don't like

I am a Star Wars fan, but I don't feel obliged to watch it at all. It's infinitely more likely that I'll stay home and watch the original trilogy on dvd...

May 17, 2010
Noxman said:
The hate is something I never understood. I was a fan of the originals and thouroughly enjoyed The Phantom Menace. That said I won't be seeing it again in 3d; that is something I really don't understand.

It is simply George Lucas cashing in on a new generation ready for some Star Wars.
There is a site called RedletterMedia and he outlines in a very long video the exact failings of the prequels. The hate is excessive and stupid but there are legitimate reasons for the reason why people feel that way. Watch it if you want to understand them. if you don't care, good for you! No seriously, if you enjoy something don't let people bring it down.

I'm not going to watch it. I don't like the phantom menace and I really do dislike 3D.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
No. That movie is already full of cardboard cutouts but they don't need to also look like them.

Floodclaw

Dec 24, 2008
While I do quite enjoy the 3D movie every now and again, I would really rather see a movie that was filmed in 3D rather than one that was converted.

Oh, and I don't really like Phantom Menace. Perhaps when A New Hope comes out, I'll see that and the next two. Maybe even Revenge of the Sith, too.

Dec 14, 2009
I believe this is relevant.

Damn kids, and their CGIs and their three dimensions.

"Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft!"

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
No I won't be seeing it, for many reasons.

1.I didn't like the movie in 2d, therefore no reason to see it in 3D.

2.As Hellsing abridged so rightly put it, "3D is a stupid fucking gimmick and everybody knows it."

3.Jar Jar binks in 3D, do we really need him of all characters to be up in our faces.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
i went to see it and i \dis like both things becuase the only way the good ones will be released is if the crap ones do well