Poll: Pick an Unreleased Game for the Apocalypse

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Poll: Pick an Unreleased Game for the Apocalypse

If it all comes crashing down, what game will you most regret missing?

If you happen to subscribe to the idea that December 21, 2012 will indeed hail the end of days, you're probably pretty bummed out today. If the world really does crumble at 11:11AM GMT on 12/21/12 like apocalypse believers suggest, we're going to miss out on some seriously awesome gaming that is slated for the coming year.

The doomsday scenarios are numerous, ranging from meteor strikes to solar flares - all of which have been debunked over and over again, for the record - but on the off chance that something does happen, it's important to have your priorities in order. With that in mind, let's reflect on what truly matters: videogames.

Now's your chance to waste some of your final moments voting for whichever upcoming title you'd most like to play before we all meet our maker. For obvious reasons, we couldn't include every unreleased title on the list, so if you're really looking forward to Madden 2016, you're out of luck, but you should have no problem finding something you'll regret missing should time stop within the next 24 hours.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Probably The Last of Us from those choices.
Last Guardian looks good too though.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Simcity's not on the list... ignoring all the faults about Online only, etc. I'm most excited about playing it. So, none of the above, my vote is Simcity.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
The Tsukihime remake.

I know, it's not on the list, but I wasn't going to play any of those anyway.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I think mine will be X: Rebirth.

Followed by Max Anarchy and DmC: Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising then Bioshock Infinite.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Wait, Revengeance is on the list?
Don't get me wrong I love Metal Gear but damn if that name doesn't put me off.

All in all, I'd just like to play Last Guardian at a point but if the world were going to end I'd just play Klonoa:Door to Phantomile (Original) then get as far as possible in FFIX before my face melts off.

tredien

Oct 17, 2008
How can you miss Metro: Last Light, the most useful [unreleased] game to play before the end of the world? >_<

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, its already after 1am in australia and the world is still not ending :p
half life 3 should be on that list. it will come some day/year. so for now, tomb raider for me.

charge52

Apr 29, 2012
Sad it's not on here(why aren't official escapist content threads allowed more poll options anyway), but Metro Last Light. That or maybe Watch Dogs, though that's also not on here.
Guess I'll vote for the Last Guardian, mainly because it's the only game on here I am actively looking forward to.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
TheSniperFan said:
Half-Life 3...I KNOW it's out there...somewhere. All alone.... ;_;
it's not alone it has The Freeman to comfort it.

Metalrocks said:
lol, its already after 1am in australia and the world is still not ending :p
half life 3 should be on that list. it will come some day/year. so for now, tomb raider for me.
keep hoping, and maybe it will come true, like Blizzard putting out actual release expectations again.

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
half life 3 is the only gaming regret I would have if the world was ending... Wait maybe that's what Newell is planning? An actual gordon freeman saves us IRL from the end of the world!

Xyebane

Disembodied Floating Skull
Feb 28, 2009
I wish there was an other option. I'm not looking forward to any of the aforementioned titles. The only games I am really looking forward to are the 'old school' kick starter games such as double fine adventure, wasteland 2 and project eternity.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
I didn't miss the irony when I picked The Last of Us. I would much rather have my Apocalypse simulated.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Aliens: Colonial Marines. Too bad it is not on the list. Hence, no vote from me. (Would it be hard to add the option "Other, please state in the comments" afterwards?)

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Bindal said:
Aliens: Colonial Marines. Too bad it is not on the list. Hence, no vote from me. (Would it be hard to add the option "Other, please state in the comments" afterwards?)
Agreed. The only game I'm really looking forward to is Colonial Marines so I guess I'll just have this comment be my vote.