Poll: Poll: Have you been perma-banned from websites?

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
IceForce said:
Can't say I ever have, no.

Wrex Brogan said:
N...no. Never been banned. Nope. Nosiree. And if I had been banned, I'd never return to the website under a different name! That'd just be rude, that!

- my partner was actually perma-banned from here, The Escapist! He was a little too aggressive/insulting too many times so he got the hammer, but he liked the place enough he recommended it to me when I was forum-hunting. We've got a bit of a joke about it too since I use his laptop when I'm here, whenever I post something salty he'll warn me 'watch out, they might recognize me' since we think (note: neither of us know much about computers) it's the same IP address or something.
This..... I'm just gonna come out and say it..... This sounds really dodgy and made-up.

Trust me, I'm well aware of how suspicious it sounds, but I figure, fuck it, might as well make some jokes about the circumstances of me being here rather than trying to hide it and look suspicious anyway. It's a fun little catch-22 - talking about it makes me suspicious, but not talking about it makes me suspicious because of the IP-thing. If only I had the scratch to get a laptop of my own...

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I think I got banned from GoNintendo a long time ago. Made some really generic joke featuring a stereotype about the French as a sarcastic and intentional overreaction to some vaguely France related story. Well, I guess you can't detect sarcasm on the internet, so was called a racist and banned. Kind of the end of me reading GoNintendo for a long time. Constant hourly updates on Nintendo is not healthy for me.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I've never been a big enough shit-poster or tactless asshole to warrant the ban hammer. Been given a slap more than once though.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Nope.

Dreiko said:
Once, and not for typical reasons. It had a lot to do with personal BS and internet drama and people changing the rules of their site based on their opinions and feelings and not actually following the rules themselves outside of when it pertained to me. With regards to this topic, no, not really. I tend to behave myself and follow the rules and in most real sites that are visited by more than 5 people the rules tend to always apply.
Ah, well yeah there was a thing like that. Some bs personal drama over someone selling someone a thing and... something, I think a divorce might have been involved. I wasn't even involved in the mess really, but one mod was on a powertrip and decided I had taken a side. I think I got unbanned when other mods got involved, but never cared to go back.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
tippy2k2 said:
Nope

Then again, this is the only website that I frequently visit so if I did get banned, I'd be super bummed and have no where else to go...

Good thing I have all that blackmail on one of the Mods!
Same here except for the backmail.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've never been banned from a community online. Online servers in games are a different matter but that usually has to do with: A) stumbling onto a 'friends only' server. B) Getting banned due to not being good or bad enough for the people with admin permissions or C) For no reason whatsoever.

I can monitor my own behavior quite well online and it has gotten me through some pretty vexing arguments.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Nope. Thank goodness too. Being the guy no one wants to ban is so central to my personal identity that my brain would probably short-circuit as soon as the realization sunk in.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Nope. If any of the forums I used to visit were going to permaban me it doesn't matter because I got tired of them anyway.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Once from the nexus. I asked a question to a mod maker, asking them to sell me their mod over one I was using. They apparently took it really badly like i was saying their mod was crap compared to the one I was using. This question as to the benefits of their mod to another was apparently perma-ban worthy to the special snowflakes there.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Not yet that am aware of. Am a very good bear who tries to keep only going mad in private away from external entities that may get befuddled. With a not entirely 100% success rate.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Yup. From this very website, in fact. For *low-content posts*.

Woe on me for thinking that brevity is the soul of wit.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Does parts of website count? I was banned for /r/Europe for saying that diverting funding from scientific research to migrant crisis we are sacrificing our future. Apparently that was "Racist" and got me the boot. I also got banned for a few subreddits, including a suicide hotline, that i never visited. Apperently they got a bot that bans everyone that posts on KIA automatically even if they never visited their sub. The irony here is that the suicide hotline claims they "dont judge" and yet they judged me before i even came to that sub.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
None.

I am a well behaved forum dweller.
Mostly though, I lurk, which on reflection probably helps.

If I had time I'd post a picture of a gentleman pointing to his head and smiling above the poorly shopped caption "can't be banned for your posts if you don't post anything."

As things stand, you'll just have to imagine it.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Nope. Pretty much always been a goody-goody-two-shoes

I've gotten a warning from here, once, but I cannot remember what that was for, and again on Halo Waypoint for probably calling somebody an idiot.