Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
It was still working when I traded it in for my xbox360, but the laser was on its last legs. Occaslly I'd have to reinsert the disc 3 or 4 times before it would actually read it, or do stuff like turn my PS2 upside down and all ther old wives tales.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Yes, my PS2 still works, as does my PS1, dont play them much anymore (Last year i played my PS1 more than my PS3

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
My original Ps2 was stolen along with my old wii. Of course.. a friend bought me a ps2 recently. I enjoy it far more than my modern consoles

Banzu

Jun 14, 2009
My original PS2, the one I've had since about a month from launch is still working! Though it dosent play dvd's or PS1 games for some strange reason. But apart from that I still use it from time to time.

munkymp3

Dec 19, 2009
Yep! Still works like new and I'm still playing games I haven't played/finished! Even the DVD-playing feature still works. In general, no new console can outlive the NES, N64, PS2, or an older gen console as far as I've observed. In fact, my brother burnt through two PS3's in two years before my PS2 controller, which worked perfectly fine for 7 years, died. While I appreciate the PS3's, Wii's, and 360's for their technological value, I hate them for their utterly weak "durability". Long live the PS2!

Spitfire-IX

May 26, 2011
still works fine except for the controller, that broke a few years back. currently using a 3rd party controller.

Sean0925

Nov 8, 2010
I play my PS2 every now and again whenever I go to my mum's house. Only a few games I have work on it still though (more down to how I didn't really look after the game disks than the PS2 itself). PS2 still works fine though, but I have to hold the disk tray open or it won't come out properly and will close before I can put a disk in. I've had more than enough broken controllers from when I use to really rage at certain games when I was younger (damn you fifa street)

I actually bought a game to play on it last year which was Persona 4 and it was probably my best buy overall of that year.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Mine is 10 years old and it still works. It's on its last legs though - the DVD drawer doesn't retract fully, so I have to push it in, and it sometimes will just jettison the DVD drawer for no reason during the middle of gameplay. The controller wires are finicky - if I hold the controller in a certain way, or twist the cord in a certain way, the controller won't work. Load times have increased, as has the general noisiness of the machine. But most of the time it still works. But I have a nasty feeling that it'll stop working quite soon. So I'm happy that PS2 games are being remade. About the only PS2 games I've ever really cared about were FFX, MGS2 and Silent Hill 2, and all of those are coming to PSN, either as a re-release or a remake, so I'm happy. My PS2 could die today, and I wouldn't be too fussed about it.

zajohnson

Mar 31, 2011
Mine's doin great! Except it has trouble (sometimes) playing the discs I want.
I just played some Shadow of the Colossus today to show a friend of mine what it was like. :)

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Crimson-regret said:
Still works and is played quite often. Gotta play my Shin-megami tensei persona games.
Mine's always hooked to the tv for the same reason.
Well, and to give all those HDrereleases the finger. I got em all still working.

Oh, and welcome to the escapist.

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
Yup, mine is working perfectly fine. :D Although I have a similar situation to yours. My controllers aren't working anymore. x3 I don't know when if ever I'm going to get a new one. xP

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Yeah, it's working.

Mostly just use it when i get a craving to replay the Sly series or the original Ratchet and Clank games.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Its working. I had to replace the first two controllers though but then again, they come dirt cheap here.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Mine runs fine except for the old blue and black discs. I had to reset the disc lense once but its hit and miss with the blue/black discs. Also it loads the ps2 menu first, even if a disc is in, but still works once it gets spinning.

snark

Aug 31, 2008
My PS2 is still working just fine.

I'm more surprised that my POS PS1 is still functional, though the eject button barely works and the lid almost never closes on the first try. Nevertheless that thing is still chugging along.

Blazenwizard

Mar 17, 2010
I was playing Chaos Legion and Gungrave:OD just last night.. I keep my consoles in good shape so that I have the option to come back later if i want to