Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
I play on my ps2 more than my ps3, but thats cause all the save r there and i cant afford many ps3 games new...

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Not only does my ORIGINAL PS2 still work, I have one of the launch ones.:D Also, my old xbox, gamecube, NES, SNES, N64 x2, Sega Genesis, 32x, Sega Saturn, Ps1, Dreamcast, Virtual Boy, gameboycolor, Gameboy advance SP x3 all still work to. You know whats funny? I have had one PS3 and four Xbox 360's die.

God I love this new-age garbage we're getting today.

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
I've had a sweeping round of nostalgia lately, so I've been collecting games for it. This may be one of the oldest ones, I remember getting it right after it came out, I believe around christmas. Never before in my little boy life could I remember such excitement. I still play it from time to time. I've finally beaten Shadow of the Colossus. That game kicked my ass as a wee lad.

Skoosh

Jun 19, 2009
My PS2 works great. Only system that's ever died on me was 360. I also don't really understand the remake of FFX. I knew it would happen eventually, but I figured it wouldn't be until later in the next generation. I loved FFX, but I don't think I'll get the remake. With enough bonuses and cheap enough, possibly, but HD alone isn't enough. I don't see my PS2 dying anytime soon. Original Playstation still works, haha.

ogrebushi

Jun 7, 2010
My playstation2+ is still running the version with the bit quieter fan which annoyed the hell out of the brother in law since hed bought the noisier one a week earlier. Sent back once on a disc read error that was my fault really since i bounced it off the floor while it was running a movie (Willow .. the disc is still fubard!) sony fixed without a complaint even though id popped it open to see if i could fix. PS3, old model with emotive chip still running strong too.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Yep. Works just fine. Played through B.L.A.C.K a couple days ago (still holds up), and then played some Battlefront II. I didn't have a huge collection of PS2 games, but every one of them works, and still plays well.
[obligatory S.L.A.I plug, that game was awesome!]

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
My clunky old PS2 still works fine with the exception that it won't play Rachet and Clank; Deadlocked but I think the disk is chipped.

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
My modded and rebuilt ps2 went to the Sony graveyard in the sky shortly before I bought my ps3 two years ago. I replaced the laser and door motor/gears in that thing just to keep it moving about five years ago. That thing was my baby and I took care of it like one. Then it finally fried the mainboard and I was done. I still think about it fondly every so often. Hell I still have it all in pieces still because I can't bear to part with it. PS2, rock solid gaming/entertainment platform. PS3, giant paperweight that makes me update every time I turn it on. Xbox/360...well it's better than the PS3 but nowhere near the PS2 in my heart.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
My "regular" (that is, never overheats because of the fan) PS2 is still going strong. So strong that it hasn't slowed down or weakened in the slightest. The only time it ever went kaput was when I insisted on leaving Dino Crisis 2 on for about 6 days straight, and then came home from school one day wondering why it didn't work (me at 15: durrrr). All I had to do was take it to a local shop and it has worked perfectly ever since, including leaving it on overnight once or twice still.

I think the last game I played was Fatal Frame, and I have since picked up Fatal Frame II, III and Cold Fear to try. It also doubles as my DVD player. It's a little wonder machine, and I'll never leave it behind.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Yep, it'll be hitting 8 years soon.
It has trouble with PS1 games and DVDs have a few issues on it, but otherwise it's good.

player3141

May 16, 2011
My ps3 died on me only hours ago, luckily, I still have my trusty ps2 and its extensive library of games.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
No...

Mostly because I fucked with mine and attached a different disc tray thing so I could play import games. The tray worked for awhile and then started behaving and not closing properly. Meaning I can't play one of my favorite PS2 games anymore...:(

edit: I had a slim