Poll: Poll: What is your favourite Superhero?

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
its Spider-man for me mainly because...well i grew up with him, he was the first comic i ever got the first movie series that really got me interested in film and his comics and movies helped me through a hard time of my life.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
MidnightFaith said:
If your favorite superhero isn't listed please tell us what is.
Of those listed above? Spider Man, I guess. Not the current movie version, obviously.

In all media, Sailor V is my favorite super hero.

In the DC Universe, Wonder Woman.

In the Marvel Universe... I dunno, any of half a dozen X-men characters.

Froggy Slayer said:
Catwoman is on there....but Wonder Woman is not...
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I typically think of Cat woman as a batman villain rather than a hero in her own right. I know she got a (bad) movie and all, but really?

theSteamSupported said:
Sailor Moon. I'm not kidding. Tintin comes on second place.
I love Sailor Moon, but Sailor V kicks more ass. Literally - Sailor V Kick!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
Neither of them are superheroes and only one of them doesn't suck.
I'll let you guess which.
Even though I hate Sailor Moon, I'm going to contest you saying that she's not a superhero. She has super powers and does heroic type things, how does that not make her a super hero; even if she is an incredibly obnoxious annoying teenage girl.
Super heroes aren't just limited to the ones created/owned by Marvel and DC you know.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
On Sailor Moon...

If Sailor Moon isn't a super hero, then neither is Thor. They have the same backstory (the respective gods were real, now said god is on earth fighting evil). Sailor Moon is the super hero name of the greek goddess Selene reborn.

Sailor V (my favorite) is Aphrodite reborn.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
Even though I hate Sailor Moon, I'm going to contest you saying that she's not a superhero. She has super powers and does heroic type things, how does that not make her a super hero; even if she is an incredibly obnoxious annoying teenage girl.
Super heroes aren't just limited to the ones created/owned by Marvel and DC you know.
Sailor moon isn't a superhero because, well, that isn't how the people in her universe see her, it isn't what she refers to herself as, and she gets on my last nerve. Tintin... Just isn't a superhero. He's barely a regular hero.

Also, Jackie Estacado Is TopCow, which isn't Marvel or Dc.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Captain America. A character so awesome that his Ultimates version is still a goo character.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Bara_no_Hime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
On Sailor Moon...

If Sailor Moon isn't a super hero, then neither is Thor. They have the same backstory (the respective gods were real, now said god is on earth fighting evil). Sailor Moon is the super hero name of the greek goddess Selene reborn.

Sailor V (my favorite) is Aphrodite reborn.
Funnily enough, while marvel might argue with ya, I have always persisted Thor is not a superhero. Sailor moon, again is only not really a superhero because that isn't how here public see's her on a whole.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
Sailor moon isn't a superhero because, well, that isn't how the people in her universe see her, it isn't what she refers to herself as, and she gets on my last nerve. Tintin... Just isn't a superhero. He's barely a regular hero.

Ok let me rephrase that, Superheroes aren't just limited to ones created in the west then.
Besides aren't superheroes defined by their audience, not by their universe.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:

Ok let me rephrase that, Superheroes aren't just limited to ones created in the west then.
By universe I meant the general Public. she's more of a godess than a superhero. I am also a believer that thor isn't technically a hero either, for the same reasons.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:

By universe I meant the general Public. she's more of a godess than a superhero. I am also a believer that thor isn't technically a hero either, for the same reasons.
Yeah, well by my definition a superhero is any being with super powers that fights evil and/or does heroic things, so by that definition both Sailor Moon (even though I hate her) and Thor count.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
When dead pool isn't on the poll everyone should be asking "Where's deadpool?"

OT: I chose Ironman because hes robbie downey jr and no one can tell me otherwise

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
Funnily enough, while marvel might argue with ya, I have always persisted Thor is not a superhero.
... by what logic?

SpectacularWebHead said:
Sailor moon, again is only not really a superhero because that isn't how here public see's her on a whole.
...?

Clear typo aside, she's seen as a magic girl - a transforming, female superhero, who fights evil.

Sailor V even more so, because she does the spiderman "I caught these bank robbers on the way to a super-crime, here you go local police" thing.

Are you saying she isn't a superhero because she mostly fight aliens/cthuhlu monsters from another dimension? Because a lot of super heroes do that.

Or are you saying that her viewing public doesn't see her as a super hero? If so... WTF, yes we do. What do you think the show is about, if not a group of female super heroes?

Edit: Have you WATCHED Sailor Moon? The audience doesn't go "oh my, look, greek goddesses" - they say "oh my, look, female superheroes fighting evil!" The reborn goddess thing is actually a surprise reveal late season 1 that rarely comes up again. And unlike Thor, Sailor Moon et al are all technically mortal - they are reincarnations of the goddesses, not the originals (who died in universe).

MidnightFaith

Oct 30, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
MidnightFaith said:
My favorite superhero is no doubt Ghost Rider

Superman is on the poll huh?

.. Well, truth be told he's basically the most boring character of all. Please, watch this video it will literally teach you a lot.

Interesting, it was really off, a lot of swearing. I get Superman isn't the best, I just wanted to see how many people liked Superheros and if there favorite wasn't showing to tell us.

I couldn't watch the whole thing, it was just waked.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
I grew up reading Spider-man, so I choose him. I've also taken a liking to Deadpool, because of the wit. Also, I dislike Batman, Iron Man and anyone else whose power is money. It's just lame.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Penance--but he's alittle dark
Squirl Girl
Snowflame

Also, Deadpool is the Dane Cook of the superhero world.
The only difference is that Deadpool is a red massive douche (while Cook is just a massive douche) and is funnier.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I like Iron Man quite a bit, though he's not so much a Superhero as he is a rich guy that has a pimpin' robot suit.

He's still awesome though.