Poll: Poll: What is your favourite Superhero?

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Spider-man for sheer relatability, though I will say that I like the Green Lantern conceptually, being not a superhero per se but a space cop is kind of unique. Plus I have a thing for a group where individuals wear a uniform but customized for their own purposes.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
Batman, now and forever.
Admittedly, a large part of that is due to the nostalgia of watching the animated series, and the films, as a child.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Hmmm I'm not sure if I have a definitive favourite superhero. I like lots of different ones, and for different reasons.

Some of my favourites:
Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Goliath/Yelowjacket
Vision
Green Arrow
Question

Actually the more I think about it, I do have a favourite superhero, he's just not a comicbook superhero.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Iron man always has and probably always will be my favourite super hero...

And then Robert Downy Jr was cast as him. I mean is there any better way to make a cool hero even cooler?

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010

Is this cheating? Please tell me this isn't cheating.

(From the poll, Batman, because Nolan's movies are just that good.)

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Probably the Punisher, even if it is just by virtue of being the only 'Hero' I know of capable of thinking "Well this guy broke out of jail the last 1000 times he was imprisoned, I'll just kill him"

Sure it doesn't really work due to how cheap Comic Deaths are, but at least he tries.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I love the Punisher... he is by far the coolest in my opinion! The fact that he does everything on his moral compass, and will stop at nothing to get what he wants... The Marvel Universe vs The Punisher is my favourite story with him in!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Deadpool(Kelly/Nicieza versions) and Batman.

I don't like how the more recent Deadpool has basically just become a joke character. Yeah he was a crazy fourth wall breaking psychopath in his older stuff, but he also had a character arch, and he had some actual depth to him. He was an actual tortured soul, rather than just a clown running around with voices in his head and making jokes all the time. And when he wanted to get serious, he could be downright badass and scary even.

Not to mention there were times where you could get some genuine sympathy for him. Like when him and Siren first met, and he didn't want her to see his disfigured face, or when he threw himself into a reactor to stop it from melting down in order to prevent people from getting cancer from the radiation. My favorite though was when Cable was messing with his head after Civil War, and he was seeing visions all the people he had killed.

I like Batman for pretty much the same reason as most people. I like detective stories, and there are quite a few of good mystery stories in the Batman series. One of my favorites of these is Hush. Then there are the psychological issues that a lot of the Batman stories attack, such as Batman's sometimes borderline sociopathic personality. Then of course there is his rogues gallery. Batman wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it weren't for some of his enemies.

RedBerserkerD

Mar 5, 2012
Spider-man till "One More Day"

Now i like all superheros its just the story there in. Right now it the Hulk cause I'm reading Planet Hulk( I know I'm late but I dont always have time or the money to read)

Shinclone

Nov 20, 2011
Corax_1990 said:
Billy Butcher from the boys or Deadpool, same dark humor and psychosis beneath the surface. Makes for a fun read.
Nice to see a fellow fan of The Boys.

Personally I'd go with Daredevil. If there was ever any doubt that the heroes are as crazy as the villains reading this comic will clear it up for you lol

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Green Arrow (not new Green Arrow mind, the NEW-52 version is complete and utter shite). Oliver Queen is very down-to-earth dude, he's trying to help the common man, not save the world (although he does do that too).

Moon Knight is up there aswell, because he's completely nuts.

Also, Superman. People always ***** and whine about Superman because they say he's too perfect or too strong, but the problem is so few people know how to actually write him properly. When you get a good Superman story, it's really good.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
*finger crack*

Currently, Aquaman is up there, genuinely, because his ongoing series is awesome, the version from Brave and the Bold is the most outrageously awesome superhero you will ever watch on TV and he gets so much crap for having a super power which means he controls sharks with his brain.

Personal note, I really liked the old Firestorm comics because of the main character/s being a really good double act as well as a good combo, the new series is a bit darker on this note and follows the nuclear weapon theme a bit tighter but it's still fun to read.

From a Marvel side, Daredevil is genuinely fun to read right now and I really hope the marvel reboot/reimagining doesn't make him dark and gritty again because I like seeing Matt win occasionally and goddamn it, any blind-man who wears a T-shirt saying "I am not Daredevil" and claims to have no idea what the shirt says is my favourite human being of that universe. Coming in second are Iron Fist and Luke Cage (modern versions and 70's because even I can appreciate Blaxploitation done awesomely).

But all time favourite? Probably Bart Allen back when he was Impulse. Because I really felt for that damn kid. He was the Flash (so incredibly broken power set) but had a believable weakness (ADHD because everything moves slow for him). In the first couple of issues they had a running joke that Bart was the most popular kid in school but he had no idea this was happening, he had no idea WHY this was happening for the most part because he had an extremely nerfed sense of personal endangerment. And despite the fact he was just a kid and literally one person in the DC universe took him seriously he saved the world as often as he could, pretty much single-handedly saved it by himself twice (everyone should read the first Young justice story and Bart Allen saves the Universe at least once) and through all this managed in a world of cliches and stock characters to have a personality thanks to Mark motherlovin' Waid. Geoff Johns managed to trainwreck most of that (he redeemed himself with Aquaman) but it still made Bart a personal favourite of mine at least.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
canadamus_prime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
theSteamSupported said:
Sailor Moon. I'm not kidding. Tintin comes on second place.
Neither of them are superheroes and only one of them doesn't suck.
I'll let you guess which.
Even though I hate Sailor Moon, I'm going to contest you saying that she's not a superhero. She has super powers and does heroic type things, how does that not make her a super hero; even if she is an incredibly obnoxious annoying teenage girl.
Super heroes aren't just limited to the ones created/owned by Marvel and DC you know.
Sailor moon isn't a superhero because, well, that isn't how the people in her universe see her, it isn't what she refers to herself as, and she gets on my last nerve. Tintin... Just isn't a superhero. He's barely a regular hero.

Also, Jackie Estacado Is TopCow, which isn't Marvel or Dc.
Ok let me rephrase that, Superheroes aren't just limited to ones created in the west then.
Besides aren't superheroes defined by their audience, not by their universe.
By universe I meant the general Public. she's more of a godess than a superhero. I am also a believer that thor isn't technically a hero either, for the same reasons.
Yeah, well by my definition a superhero is any being with super powers that fights evil and/or does heroic things, so by that definition both Sailor Moon (even though I hate her) and Thor count.
Feh, everyones entitled to an opinion. I think thats part of the thing of demigods and superheroes and stuff, they're fictional, call them whatever the fuck you want to :p

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Bara_no_Hime said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
Funnily enough, while marvel might argue with ya, I have always persisted Thor is not a superhero.
... by what logic?

SpectacularWebHead said:
Sailor moon, again is only not really a superhero because that isn't how here public see's her on a whole.
...?

Clear typo aside, she's seen as a magic girl - a transforming, female superhero, who fights evil.

Sailor V even more so, because she does the spiderman "I caught these bank robbers on the way to a super-crime, here you go local police" thing.

Are you saying she isn't a superhero because she mostly fight aliens/cthuhlu monsters from another dimension? Because a lot of super heroes do that.

Or are you saying that her viewing public doesn't see her as a super hero? If so... WTF, yes we do. What do you think the show is about, if not a group of female super heroes?

Edit: Have you WATCHED Sailor Moon? The audience doesn't go "oh my, look, greek goddesses" - they say "oh my, look, female superheroes fighting evil!" The reborn goddess thing is actually a surprise reveal late season 1 that rarely comes up again. And unlike Thor, Sailor Moon et al are all technically mortal - they are reincarnations of the goddesses, not the originals (who died in universe).
I know very little of sailor moon, I saw maybe one series about 8 years ago and I've forgotten most of it lol, but, I remember not liking it and that she didn't appear to be a superheroine, in my opinion.

(Fuck, how did I not notice that typo?)