Poll: Proud to be British

Druss the Slayer

Sep 21, 2009
Are you proud to call yourself British?
Please feel free to post your opinions, as well as voting in the poll. Also, state your age please, if you can :)

I for one am very proud to be British and English, what with our rich history, our impact on the world and living standards/human rights. I know a lot of people at my college (age 16-18) who are definately not proud to be British and plan to move country as soon as they can.

Discuss?

EDIT: Just realised I can edit up here, sorry about the poll being wrong, didn't know I could alter it.

EDIT MkII: Apparently I can't edit the poll(I don't think it likes listening to me). Can everyone just take the No (Age<25) to be No (Age>25), it was just a simple typo, that I have now been reminded of several times xD

Dec 14, 2009
Aye, that I am. For such a small island, we've had a massive effect on the world, most of it positive. We also have the S.A.S (AKA the Techno Ninja Squad), what's not to like?

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I do not hail from the British isle, but I do feel a sense of national pride in my country, America. Even if some of our leaders have done some stupid things, I feel confidence in my nation.

And although I cannot partake persay in the poll, I do support my own flag, as I am sure many of the people under the Union Jack do as well.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Druss the Slayer said:
our impact on the world and living standards/human rights.
Yeah.... As an american, I cant say yes, so my answer would have to be no, but i wouldnt go flaunting that around. Britain isnt exactly know for its peaceful and respectfulness in its treatment of the native people.

Granted, I dont have much room to talk with what my country's foreign policies usually are, but yeah.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
I'm proud to be Irish almost full blood. Yet I am American and I have the same views as those 16-18 year olds. I hate it here. I am letting politics decide if I stay in America or not. Yet I will always defend this country considering it raised me.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
No, all we do now is get bossed around by the US government whenever they want to go and murder a bunch of people or arrest someone who says anything bad about them.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
yes, yes I am. For the most part anyway it has its good points and its bad points but overall it's alright to be British.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
Druss the Slayer said:
our impact on the world and living standards/human rights.
Yeah.... As an american, I cant say yes, so my answer would have to be no, but i wouldnt go flaunting that around. Britain isnt exactly know for its peaceful and respectfulness in its treatment of the native people.
To be fair, Britain was the birthplace of modern economics, and the Liberalism that now retrospectively derides those actions. It could be said that we at least learned from our mistakes.

And anyway, why the hell are there any US peeps on dis' ere fread? So far the two that have posted have just popped in to remind us how awesome the USA is and how bad the UK is. Thanks a bunch, guys. You made my dog cry. :[

Don't listen to those Scottish peeps. They just hate all us Southerners for no good reason. =P

CrazyBerk

Jul 1, 2008
Yeah i suppose we got something to be proud of but i'm from Kent, which is sort of racist HQ and our accent isn't as charming as other parts of Britain. It's either incredibly loud and obnoxious or posh, but not posh enough to be charming or at least in my experience.

Druss the Slayer

Sep 21, 2009
Did I put the bloody > sign the wrong way round? Apologies for my dimness, I'm pretty tired.

And to be fair emerald, I think British rule was helpful to a lot of the empire. Look at the state parts of Africa are in, after we (and the French)left.
And *cough* Native Indians *cough*.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Druss the Slayer said:
I for one am very proud to be British and English, what with our rich history, our impact on the world and living standards/human rights. I know a lot of people at my college (age 16-18) who are definately not proud to be British and plan to move country as soon as they can.
All of which you've had nothing to do with.

OT: I was born here by coincidence, but I am not proud of it - although that doesn't put me at the other end. I'm simply indifferent.

Patriotism is for fools.

TehBooger

Nov 12, 2010
Well, I call myself English-American, but that might not be strictly true. I was born in England raised in America and my ancestors are Dutch... That being said I have UK and US flags on the wall of my room so of course I'm very proud.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
We have achieved so much as a nation. Without Britain, the world would be very different, In some ways better, most ways worse.

Yes (16)

Daystar Clarion said:
We also have the S.A.S (AKA the Techno Ninja Squad), what's not to like?
Also this.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
From what I've seen, most English people are very proud to be English. Scots and Welshmen less so.

Also, this English pride often leads to xenophobia. Which can be rather annoying.

Druss the Slayer

Sep 21, 2009
@Woodsey
Patriotism is for fools?
You know what, I cannot even be bothered explaining how much of a dick your post makes you look.