Poll: Quitting candy

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've decided to stop eating candy. In fact, I'm quitting all unhealthy snacks. No chocolate bars, no cookies, no chips or cheese doodles or peanut rings. No soda either; that's just as sweet as candy bars. I won't eat anything that's not an actual meal. To make it simpler I decided to quit cold turkey. No "only once a week", no "only after meals."
Nothing except proper meals. Period.

My point is that there probably is somebody else here at the forums who wants to quit candy as well. So here's my idea. Why not quit right now? Just to see if you can? Give it a shot! If for no other reason that in a few years, when you're older, candy'll make you fat much faster, and then you'll wish you'd have quit teh sweets earlier. Me? This is my fourth day not eating any sweets. So far it's going great. So give it a try! If it turns out to be easy, you'll have an easy way of improving your health. And if it's harder than you thought it would be, you'll realize that you need to quit your addiction. So do it right now! Write me a reply right now saying "Okay, Queen Michael! I, [your name], will stop all unhealthy snacking right now, to prove to myself that I can do it!"

And before I click "post", here's a final tip: Don't put any time limit on it. Don't make it a week or a month or anyting like that, because then you migh start looking forward to the end of that week or month. Just quit forever. (Though of course it's probably not going to be forever, heh.)

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
This is madness! You will never survive without the sweeties!

Good luck, you crazy,crazy man.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
Fuck it.
Okay Queen Micheal! I, theflyingpeanut,will stop all unhealthy snacking right now, to prove that I can do it!

I really can't see this going very far, but it's still worth a shot.

w@rew0lf

Banned User
Jan 11, 2009
Until you can somehow erase...

Sour Punch Straws from existence, my answer will remain Fuck you man. Take a step off the beach and don't get in the way o' my goodness.

Galebaby

Apr 22, 2010
I can eat a pound of jelly beans or more a day.
If you take my jelly beans away I'll kill you with your first born son.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
I should do this to eating massive amounts of crap when i shouldnt...

Ill try this with you...

Maybe i should give something else up... something private...

<.<

*cough*

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Good luck! You may need it.

I myself have done this three times, i have done it for sweets but that was not a matter of choice. Ive given up swearing, alcohol and all fast food. And ive found all three fairly easy. You will probably find it easier to do the whole easing out thing as opposed to cold turkey, but the challenge is fun.

And i would join you, but alas i never eat those things anyway.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Do you really want to make me cry?

I've tried to quit smoking, the temptation was too much. Good luck on your endeavour you'll need it.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Aylaine said:
Cookies are considered candy? Since when? o_O

On topic, going cold turkey is tough. For anything you have some form of addiction to. I wish you luck.
In the way they are sweet, loaded with calories and fast absorbing sugar so they belong to the same nutritional group and are used in the same way (instead of a chocolat bar, you can feast on a pack of cookies).

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Aylaine said:
Vitor Goncalves said:
Aylaine said:
Cookies are considered candy? Since when? o_O

On topic, going cold turkey is tough. For anything you have some form of addiction to. I wish you luck.
In the way they are sweet, loaded with calories and fast absorbing sugar so they belong to the same nutritional group and are used in the same way (instead of a chocolat bar, you can feast on a pack of cookies).
I always considered them a bakery product, but that's just me. Saying something sweet is too varied to pair it with Candy in my opinion.
Good point; I've edited my original post.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I'll go with this. I just ate some chocolate, so we'll start from now and see how far I can go.

EDIT (to include pledge): "Okay, Queen Michael! I, latenightapplepie, will stop all unhealthy snacking right now, to prove to myself that I can do it!"

EDIT 2:
ethaninja said:
Bloody hell, this is almost as bad as being vegitarian :p
Already done that.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I occasionally have a very small chocolate bar at work but otherwise I don't eat sweets. Much rather have something savorey.

Fellwarden

Sep 25, 2008
I've done this before, and can't be arsed to do it again. I didn't eat any candy for two years some time back. It did drastically cut down on my consumption, so I barely eat candy now. So, with my low consumption of unhealthy drinks (I mostly drink water, and a glass of milk for breakfast and sometimes in the evening) and candy, I'm just fine, thank you. I don't think it was very hard to stay away from candy, but my brother had major problems. But I have an iron will ^^

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Huh, how's that for coincidence, I decided yesterday to see if I could cut out chocolate and sweets. I'm not cutting out ice cream though and I'm bringing in crisps for when I need a snack to get me through til lunch.