Poll: Recurring dreams?

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
I used to have a recurring dream aaaaaaaaages ago where a lion chased me down the stairs of my old house. And there was the sound of an electric egg-whisk in the background. I think it's because when I was younger that noise creeped me the fuck out, and I was terrified of the idea of being eaten by a lion. Not sure why the stairs of my old house though.

EDIT: 13 votes each, crazy.

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
I don't have the same dreams over and over but I said Sometimes on the poll because there's certain things which often pop up in my dreams; I've had several where I've either been a Gnoll (7'6", 300 Lb or so anthro hyenas from D&D), a couple where I've been a talking fennec fox with magical abilities, several dreams which have revolved around me killing large amounts of things (it's normally zombies), and I usually have some sort of magical ability like shapeshifting or healing if those other elements aren't present. I've had a couple which have resembled 8-bit video games as well (1 Gnoll dream had an isometric viewpoint and I seemed to be controlling the Gnoll which seemed to be me using a computer, and one dream where I was a talking fennec resembled an early FF game).

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Frequen-Z said:
I get recurring themes, but not whole dreams.

Teeth falling out :(
Oh brother, me too :(

Another theme is driving a car and not being able to see where I'm going.

furry-ryuu-ken

Jun 16, 2010
SaunaKalja said:
Frequen-Z said:

Oh brother, me too :(

Another theme is driving a car and not being able to see where I'm going.
When i was a little kid i had a dream like this a lot, but there was 1-3 of me, and the steering wheel was usualy on the roof of the car.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Being chased in a dark forest by white glowing beings, then making it into a house to find a yellow glowing figure, then running out of the house with that thing, the chase eventually ends with me being swarmed by the white glowing beings......
Used to have that dream for weeks on end =/

Edit: Anyone else die a whole lot in their dreams ?

Shaegor

Oct 29, 2009
I don't dream a lot sadly, so I've never had any recurring ones either.
But I couldn't pass the opportunity to post this...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
when i was younger i had one where my pre school teacher people where cannibals and i was saved either spidrman or action man.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
As a child i had a recurring dream combining TRON, LEGO & the game Stunts.
I hardly played the latter and i never saw TRON untill much later, yet i played with my LEGO as i do with the women i have: Don't follow the booklet, build a strong foundation and be creative.

Nowadays i hardly dream, as reality is much better to enjoy, so my sleep is rather functional.

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
innocentEX said:
Being chased in a dark forest by white glowing beings, then making it into a house to find a yellow glowing figure, then running out of the house with that thing, the chase eventually ends with me being swarmed by the white glowing beings......
Used to have that dream for weeks on end =/

Edit: Anyone else die a whole lot in their dreams ?
hell yeah
in one of my craziest dreams ever
I got blown up with dynamite by bugs bunny and daffy duck

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
When i was little, i had a reccuring dream that There was a Purple Octopuss living at the end of my driveway that spoke to me. I dont remember what i said, but i vaguely remember it eating my family, cartoon style (IE; opening its mouth wide and dropping people in it).

Im dead serious.
I was a messed up child.

I also was a reccuring "Falling" dream.
I slept on the top bunk of a bunk bead, with my little brother below me. every now and then, i would have a dream of me falling off it in SUPER SLOW motion, and when i hit the ground, i woke up. I awoke with a VERY REAL sence of falling. I had that dream about one every fortnight for months.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I don't have recurring dreams but i have sequential ones, kind of like continuing a long story.

Some of them might just be Deja Vu though, I don't write my dreams down so i can't be too sure.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Les Awesome said:
Frequen-Z said:

I once heard dreams about teeth falling out is a sign of death
After my second or third tooth-killing dream, I did a quick google and found this. [http://www.dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro]

It says it's likely due to being unhappy with my appearance. Which is pretty true. I don't even know what a 'sign of death' would mean or imply about anything so I'm gonna roll with the websites explanation.

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
I've had this dream a few times. Theres a huge painting of a field of flowers, mostly blue and red ones, and in the field there's a little girl and a lion. I step into the painting and I see two blue ribbons the girl is playing with one of them and the other is tied around the lions paw and I know that I have to take one of these ribbons but I don't know which and the dream always ends before I make a decision.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Oh, another dream that ocured for months on end.

My entire family (Minus me) Standing outisde a small house, in the middle of a small pond (Like, 10x10 meters). the only thing, my family is not moving at all. Almost as if they are in a picture; everything is in dull brown and black, much like a old photo.

My family are dressed in old farm attire; Pitchforks, straw hats, and the sort, but as if from a upperclass family. Father is in suit, and Sister and mother are in fancy dresses; almost victorian style.

I dont remember my little brother, but i know hes in there.

then the creepy thing; to the left section of the "Picture" of my dream, is a old telephone Pole. One of those poles that have those "L" shaped handgrips, for ease of climbing.
On a few of these spokes are large Ravens. they are the only thing moving in the picture. They caw and cry and flutter a bit. but thats all.

For some reason, those Ravens scared the hell out of me. I tried telling my parents about the dream, but they didnt seem to belive me. I remind you i was about 6 at the time.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Sometimes I get repeated dreams - though less frequently now. And sometimes I just get bits of previous dreams invading current ones.

Most of the time, recurring dreams only happen when I am lost or struggling against myself.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I actually haven't had any recurring dreams that I'm aware of since I was little, since nowadays I'm too tired to actually remember any of my dreams most nights.

The one that I had at least once a month from when I was five to when I was eight went like this: I was in a room where everything was white. The walls, floor, ceiling, tables, chairs, even all the clothes everyone is wearing are all blindingly white. I'm eating a hamburger, and I drop it and smear ketchup all over "the queen's" dress. She is livid and orders me to "go downstairs and speak to the professor." Everyone upstairs gasps. I go downstairs into what looks like a library. Things are colored normally now. I see a man in glasses pressing buttons on what looks like a copy machine. I tell him that the queen sent me to speak to him. He nods and presses a few more buttons and a rope about three feet long comes flying out of the machine and starts chasing me. I run through the library, dodging around shelves and such to try to get away. Finally I come to a room and I think I've lost it. Then it comes around the corner and somehow ties me up from my ankles to my neck. Then it puts a white stick of lit dynamite with brightly colored cartoon characters on it next to me before flying off again. Just as the dynamite explodes, I would wake up.

I still have no idea what on Earth that dream was trying to convey.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I never remember my dreams in full detail- but I remember enough to know I have the same recurring theme in my dreams of being on the savannah or possibly the Australian outback when someone close to me appears and speaks a different language than me, a language I'm almost certain they do not know- and then when I ask them why they're speaking _____ they tell me that I'm the crazy one speaking ______

Then I wake up. Or other things happen that I dont remember

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I once had a sequence of dreams involving zombies. Started off with me and my mom leaving the house in our car at night and it was snowing. And zombies were every where in the street. I woke sometime around then, and went back to sleep. It picked up when we were in a mall and i was saying how we should reach high ground and block the entrances to the mall. While we were doing that everyone left because they heard a baby outside and went to look for it. I woke up again and when i went back to sleep, the world was completely destroyed. I was by myself, but for some reason there were turrets everywhere that would shoot blue lazers at the zombies, and i hid in a corner next to one. I just wish i remembered other parts of the dream since it kicked so much ass

But a dream i can remeber having since i was 5 or 6 and still have ometimes today goes like this. Its all really fuzzy and zoomed in. But for some reason 3 people are playing foot ball. But its not like a regualr game. Its dark and every one is sad. And there is this really big old guy who mutters the whole time, and a little kid that screams. But they arent really people there more alien type looking. And sometimes a clam will randomly flash and thats all i can remember.