Poll: Regret

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
The last time I was drunk I went on my laptop after we had a house party and I replied to a thread which annoyed me but I went a bit over the top and got put on probation
Can't remember what it was about now

That was the last time I ever drank as well

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Not that I can remember. I'm good at avoiding bad situations. Sort of.
But I never post anything if there's a chance I'll regret it later. Although I guess you could say I regret my first ever post on this forum. It asked us our favourite bands, and back then I was still a semi-mallcore kid. Just in the middle of coming out of my mallcore phase. Enough said.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I regret nothing! I usually write pretty long posts then I start thinking if I am really in the right place to say something on the subject, or if my post is needed for anything, then I realize it's stupid and proceeds without posting.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
enzilewulf said:
Heh...raise your hand if you remember Maxthereaper...
*raises hand*
It was before my time, but I know what happened/have seen the post. Is he still here in a different guise, or is he just gone?

OT: Regret? Not exactly. There are a few posts I think I could have worded better to get my point across/make a crappy joke, and a couple of threads I've started that I should have known in advance would get essentially zero contributions. But I don't regret these things, I treat them as a learning experience. That, and regret takes far too much effort...

Hell, I don't even regret the whole NNIJA debacle (we're still here, come say hi!). I do, however, regret not turning off the chat notification for the first half hour or so... My inbox got difficult to deal with.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
I never regret anything, sure I wish I could have done some stuff more suavely, but regret anything? Hell no, no reason to. Nothing good comes from regret, but knowledge comes from mistakes. Regret is for people who are unsure of themselves. Grab shit by the balls and tackle life with your fucking horns for nothing can stop you. Don't regret not hitting that nun with your horns for there is another one up ahead, now plow here like you never have before.

-Inspirations speeches by Sronpop

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
enzilewulf said:
My hand is raised good sir. *Reads your post* YOU MONSTER! YOU MO-Actually I never really liked that guy, nihillist my ass.

Well in threads where somebody's ranting about religion the moment I bring something to the discussion as a Catholic I usually have hundreds of insecure, disrespectful folks jumping down my throat and telling me that I must hate the LGBT community and I support child molestation and I denote the theory of evolution and a whole bunch of other crap. I guess if there's one thing I should regret that would be it considering the consequence but I don't.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
A few things where I said too much about my personal life. Otherwise, not really.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Marter said:
I've yet to post something that I've regretted.
Be honest...
Not at one single point have you taken a step back, and then become filled with regret that you consistently do you best to come in first in every thread? I mean, is it some kind of competition you have with yourself? What's going on? Have you never regretted that, even once? At least reevaluated, and reconsidered?

Bear in mind, that this is in the spirit of the thread, and not meant as a form of personal offense. You may do what you damn well please, it's just that I'm a little dumbfounded, here :)

OT:
No. Never ever.

Well, maybe. No. I've been suspended, and in hindsight a lot of my posts have been stupid, mildly offensive or simply flat out wrong - not once have I regretted any of them, though. Hay gais, it's the Intertube, what can you do? Take it easy :)

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Plenty. Usually when I don't organize my thoughts very well and I end up sounding like an idiot.

enzilewulf said:
*raises hand*

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
s0denone said:
Be honest...
I'm always as honest as I can be.

Not at one single point have you taken a step back, and then become filled with regret that you consistently do you best to come in first in every thread? I mean, is it some kind of competition you have with yourself? What's going on? Have you never regretted that, even once? At least reevaluated, and reconsidered?
I don't do my best to come in first. It just kind of happens. It is not a competition with myself, nor have I ever regretted what I've posted.

Bear in mind, that this is in the spirit of the thread, and not meant as a form of personal offense. You may do what you damn well please, it's just that I'm a little dumbfounded, here :)
No offence taken. :)

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I can think of quite a few posts I've regretted making, hindsight is a horrid thing. Luckily most the time i'm fine with my posts, but sometimes I do think shit I shouldn't have done that.

for example:

s0denone said:
I regret bringing up that thing with you (you remember, the thing, with the thing, on the thing). I'm very sorry for that, I hope you accept my apology as in hindsight I was being both a jerk and wrong.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Anything and everything of my own opinion. You quickly realise this is a gargantuan mistake when you look at the "quoted" section of your inbox.

Actually, it would be asking about downloadable ISOs. Mostly because I was squaky clean until then and got put on probation! Darn. I wanted that badge so badly too.....

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Demon ID said:
I can think of quite a few posts I've regretted making, hindsight is a horrid thing. Luckily most the time i'm fine with my posts, but sometimes I do think shit I shouldn't have done that.

for example:

s0denone said:
I regret bringing up that thing with you (you remember, the thing, with the thing, on the thing). I'm very sorry for that, I hope you accept my apology as in hindsight I was being both a jerk and wrong.
I wasn't really sure what was going on until I though "Hay guy, check your inbox!!" - and sure enough.

It's no problem, my man, and there definitely no need to apologise. You'll find that I'm rather difficult to get angry or even offended in the slightest - Still, thanks for the apology, I guess, even if there is little reason for it :)