Poll: ROFL

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
This is an expression that bugs me. I always assume it's a massive exaggeration. I can't imagine anyone finding something so funny they literally lose control and throw themselves to the floor and start rolling around like they're on fire. But maybe that's just me, being the cynical pessimist that I am.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
Only when I was a kid,

I remember laughing so hard that I would fall on the floor, in borderline convulsions, struggling to breathe.

If someone could make me do that again, that would be quite an accomplishment.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Maybe almost when I was like 4 or 5, but realistically no I have not.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I vaguely remember something getting me near that point sometime in the past. I can't accurately provide details.

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
bahumat42 said:
really theres no sometimes?
yes once
all the time

wtf, you even put a joke answer
fail poll is fail
I feel shame in this poll I made within a minute, over the usage of initialisms on the internet. Allow me to go commit seppuku as it did not reach your standards.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
No, not literally, but I did come close once, I just don't remember why. Besides, it's more a reference to the cartoon version of someone laughing while rolling on the floor rather than in real life, isn't it? You should take the internet less seriously.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I had only ever done that one or two time during the show "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" (the original British versionm). I remember one of them was like a photo shoot were the constestent faces were behind an image of Tarzan family. The image of Colin Mochrie face on a chimp made me and my bro lose it.

Kingme18

Destroyer of Worlds
Mar 26, 2011
Quite often my friends and I will be on the floor laughing so hard, so to answer your question, yes.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I think I've even roflcoptered once.

But that was when watching clips of anime engrish on Youtube.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Actually, no. Not even close, although I have thrown my head back in laughter a few times. This is why I prefer the expression ROFLBSSTAK: Rolling On Floor Laughing, But Somehow Still Typing At Keyboard.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
"What we should be aware of when we see somebody typing any of the ROFL variations is...that this person...is a liar. Possibly sent by Satan to dissemble and mislead."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQYx1Cr1Dwk

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Nope, but to be fair I just don't laugh because when I laugh I vomit, kind of weird but it's something I can't control, so I definitely wouldn't want to ROFL because I'd be rolling in vomit and that's not something I'd like to do, I don't think I've laughed in over 3 years, that doesn't mean I don't find things funny or am unhappy, I can still chuckle from time to time but most of the times I hold back laughter and just say "haha" in the driest most expresionless voice I can which ticks people off.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Shawn MacDonald said:
Basically because human beings like to go the top shelf with their words now. I can't just post something along the lines of this being funny, no I must write lol. Literally laughed out loud so hard that I had a heart attack and fell out my chair gasping for breath. My friend walked in and rofled as well catching the bug and turning in to a internet zombie. As we made our way through the neighborhood, people started to get infected. Everyone now has no idea what the hell they are typing and the lol virus has spread. Remember that there is no cure.
To be fair LOL and Rofl from what I have seen and how I hear my more net savvy friends (nerds) talk is almost a colloquial term on its own now, saying the word lol is like an actual word to acknowledge something is funny. Plus lol is laugh out loud as in you made a noise, you laughed. That isn't so ridiculously outlandish. Simply because it isn't literal doesn't mean it is disgustingly lazy hyperbole. Unless people say literally for emphasis while talking figuratively, makes me want to punch them in the face.

Also you're wording brings this to mind:

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
There've been a few times where I was laughing uncontrollably to the point where I wasn't getting as much air as was comfortable. I think that counts.

One time, I was in the middle of class, and I just started laughing. There was no stimulus or anything, I just started laughing and I couldn't stop for a good few minutes. Ai-ai-ai.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Not that I remember, too bad though because people deserve that at least once in their life. However anytime you laugh excessively you are actually lmao-ing because laughing can actually help burn a decent amount of calories, hence laughing your ass off.