Poll: Security Guards V.S. 12-year old punk

StargateSpankyHam

Aug 30, 2011
Unless you're wearing a powered exoskeleton with a few dozen tazers wired into the exterior panels, don't behave like this around a security guard. You're going to lose the fight. It's common sense, and this kid had none.

Now, if they were actually hurting the kid's arm or something, then I might be inclined to show some tiny bit of sympathy - but I don't understand the language in the video. And besides, even if that was the case...did the kid truly think that was the best way to handle the situation?

FAIL

Capslockbroken

Oct 25, 2010
evilneko said:
Shycte said:
AndyFromMonday said:
I'm sorry but last time I checked, 12 year old's aren't adults and treating them like adults is fucking stupid and borders on actual abuse.
And what if the kid is violent?... Like in this case?...
Where was the violence from the kid?
Watch it again. He was kicking at the guard right before the guard pushed him to the ground. I'll be honest, I'm almost always against the cops/security guards in these kinds of things, but with what I'm seeing here, I don't know how I could be. It looked to me like he was using the exact amount of force that was necessary to detain the kid. Believe me, If I had seen him do anything beyond that, I'd be screaming foul as quick as anybody. He didn't whack the kid at all. It looked to me like he was taking a lot of care not to twist his arm to the point of hurting him. When he had his knee on the kid's back, he clearly had most of his weight on the other foot. You can even see him taking the time to stuff the kid's hat into his backpack so he doesn't lose it.
I actually clicked on this thread fully expecting to be on the other side, probably because of the rather cavalier comments. Despite those comments, this video does not have footage of anything resembling a "beatdown". Nor did I see the guard "teaching him a lesson". It is absolutely not okay for security guards or cops to try to "teach lessons", but that's not what I saw him doing. Seriously, put yourself in the guard's shoes. Remembering that your job is to detain the kid, could you have handled the situation any better?

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
I'll be real pissed if the mothers argument in this boils down to "He's just a child" and "boys will be boys" Take a step back lady and teach your kid some basic public manners and decency. When I was his age, I acted up in public my mum came down on me like a ton of bricks, never did shit like that again

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
CCountZero said:
Tbh, I have zero tolerance for stupid kids doing stupid things.

Just a couple hours ago I was out helping my mom do some shopping for her birthday celebration tomorrow, and some little kid suddenly collapses behind us when we're standing in line on the way out.

So, my mom and I, being the immediate closest people, turn our attention to her and try to find out what the heck happened, being genuinely afraid that she might have had an epileptic incident or whatever else.

As it turns out, this eleven-year-old was just out having some fun with her two friends, playing a Truth or Dare variation, and she chose Dare...

FUCK was I pissed.

I mean, seriously, what the hell is wrong with kids these days?
I don't see the problem. You were concerned, sure it sucks that it was a prank but really that's the best case scenario.

I'll admit I shat myself when I thought a kid who was under my care got knocked out by a football (she is on a football team, and the team were playing around after their game waiting for the other team to finish and the bus to arrive) she got hit in the head, fell down and didn't get up.

I ran over and was shitting myself worried that she'd seriously hurt herself when falling over and she was just messing around.

To be honest I was more relieved than annoyed.

I wouldn't say these are examples of "kids these days" being stupid. It's just kids messing around.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Kid had it comming. Nothing that bad happened to him, so I hope he learns his lesson to show some fucking respect. Hope the guard doesn't get punished just because of this media outcry. Seriously, I hope that kid got the message. He can only profit from it.

DarkRyter said:
Well at least that kid didn't get raped with a wiimote.
+10

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Shycte said:
The clip is obviously in Swedish, but you can see what's going on anyway.
No, we can't. We can't see the several minutes that led to the camerabod starting to film after the guards got that kid in the corner like that and we can't see how or why the kid in black ended up on his arse in the doorway or got from there to being hauled off.

What we can see is the kid in the pale shirt and red rucksack using his foot against the guard's knee. I know some nasty things to do to a man's knee with my hands, and I reckon that kid's thighs are beefier than my upper arms. That's a little more than harassment.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
Kid clearly had it coming. I don't believe in 'respecting authority'. Authority doesn't make it right. That said, if you're going to be an idiot and look for trouble... You will probably find it.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Since this is on the 10th page I doubt it will get seen, but I made a little "remix" that you guys may appreciate

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
Agayek said:
Dracowrath said:
Actually, the kid who started the whole mess has a mom who's defending his right to be a complete douche. It's really kinda silly.
Well, I can kinda understand her wanting to defend her son. But sometimes that protective instinct blinds people to the fact their kids aren't the little angels they think they are.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Thyunda said:
Also, this website has a total crimes per country chart. Let's see. The top 2 are the United States and United Kingdom, respectively, with Saudi Arabia dropping in at #48

US: 11,877,218
UK: 6,523,706
Saudi Arabia: 84,599

Do you really want me to continue? You made a stupid, ignorant comment, and now I'm going to force you to eat it.

EDIT: Forgot to source the stats: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri-crime-total-crimes
Well, see, that list is already pretty suspect, seeing as how Japan pops in at #6 (...in the WORLD), and it look as though Australia isn't worth a mention.

Personally, if you give out shit, expect to be given shit in return. Pretty simple, really

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
AverageJoe said:
Since this is on the 10th page I doubt it will get seen, but I made a little "remix" that you guys may appreciate

Well, shit. This pretty much encapsulates my thoughts on the subject. Bravo, good sir.

Aegixx

Aug 5, 2009
Stupid kid had it coming.
Legally, he had to be detained. He resisted, so the guard did what he had to.
And it worked, it didn't even look painful.

Nabirius

Dec 29, 2009
I'm chaotic good, so I don't really respect authority either. I was actually hoping to see the 12 year old humiliate the guards. But I should have guess that wasn't how it was gonna happen when you said punk...

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
AverageJoe said:

Amazing, I am thoroughly entertained.