Poll: sega's new console

draxious

Jun 14, 2009
eh what the hell if the only 3d sonic games that we good was sonic adventure 1 and 2 if they make a 3rd it would be nice but they should have made the third sooner. back to my point sega has a couple things they can remake into better things...........................they arnt on the top of my head but the point being what the hell why not

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
We don't need more consoles. We already have the three big ones, PC/Mac (ya, like a Mac is a vieo game console), and what about that new gaming system that lets you download and play games off the internet?

Please, Sega. Stay friendly with Nintendo and continue being his right hand man. Only betray him when the time is right.

Mjolnir07

Jun 7, 2009
The only reason they're not going strong to this day is because they were poorly timed with the releas of the dreamcast, which is only just short of ps2 quality. They are superior in console creation, just not in marketing strategy.

Burnoutparade

Jul 30, 2009
zestamaster said:
It has recently been roumered that Sega is also planning to release a new console in 2010 due to some updates of the Dreamcast US patent. However Sega has denied these roumers saying they are perfectly content in the software market. but should they do it? post in th poll and if you have an idea tell me
Actually that would be impossible since Nintendo bought out all rights to SEGA and pretty much Bought Sega. So they are going to get Law suits up the ass if that happens

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
No. There would be too many consoles on the market and one would have to drop out. 3 are enough.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I say no. While they did very well with their original console, they didn't have much competition besides Nintendo back then. From what I know, the Dreamcast and Genesis didn't do very well and any console they released now would have to compete with three other gaming giants who are already well ahead of them when it comes to the number of titles available for their respective systems. They'd really have to hurry in order to obtain a number of good titles in order to generate a good amount of interest in their system.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
I say do it. When they had the Dreamcast out, they had very good first-party games besides Sonic related games. A new console would force them to use there better IP's or create new ones.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
They should probably wait until the next generation of consoles and until the get some companies willing to back up the system. Two major things that caused Sega's previous consoles to fail.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
No, it would completely ruin their company. They're making some money off of developing for other consoles, but I can't imagine they have enough money to run against Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft in a console war. However I was a Nintendo kid, I had a Genesis but never found anything great on it aside from Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition, and Chakan: The Forever Man. They really liked colon's. I also had a Dreamcast, and again I never played any games on it that amazed me. I think it's better if they just keep making third party games and not throw their entire company behind a losing battle in a new console war, unless they start putting out mind-blowingly awesome games to bulk up their wallets beforehand.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
I think it would hurt their company more than it would help. So I chose No.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
No unless it was something truly innovative like full VR then no. Simply because the market is saturated and there really isn't enough room for another console. They don't have the backing like MS and Sony. It would take far to long to get the consoles into homes so they would be making most of the games themselves along with a bunch of indies. And this would only lead to bankruptcy. They were lucky to get out when they did.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Sega? Seriously? I very much doubt it. They've already let Sonic play on Nintendo's consoles, so it seems pretty unlikely that they'll try to reel him back in to launch a new console. Going up against juggernauts like Microsoft and Sony and Nintendo and actually winning seems pretty unlikely as well. There simply isn't the demand for another player.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
zestamaster said:
It has recently been roumered that Sega is also planning to release a new console in 2010 due to some updates of the Dreamcast US patent. However Sega has denied these roumers saying they are perfectly content in the software market. but should they do it? post in th poll and if you have an idea tell me
Hell fucking no they won't do it. They don't have the kind of capitol necessary to launch anything more than another handheld with running power roughly equivalent to a Game Boy Color.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
Burnoutparade said:
zestamaster said:
Actually that would be impossible since Nintendo bought out all rights to SEGA and pretty much Bought Sega. So they are going to get Law suits up the ass if that happens
What crack are you smoking? Nintendo never bought Sega. Sega and Sammy merged to become on company. That is pure and utter BS.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
No, they should develop better games first. Step away from the sonic franchise and go for the Jet Set or Space Channel 5 franchises for a while. Besides we don't need another console on the market, it would just over saturate it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
axia777 said:
Burnoutparade said:
zestamaster said:
What crack are you smoking? Nintendo never bought Sega. Sega and Sammy merged to become on company. That is pure and utter BS.
Nintendo bought Sega? In your dreams, they wouldn't be making games for Microsoft and Sony then now would they?

Actually guys Sega HAS been making new hardware, apparently a new Sega Genesis/Mega Drive is/coming out and they have a MP4 player, nothing state of the art but still it's something.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I hope they do, Just to see the kind of marketing they'd need to pull to beat out even the PS3
much less the Xbox and the Wii.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
Do you think they will finally complete the shenmue series? If they bring out a new sega console.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
I hope they do, Just to see the kind of marketing they'd need to pull to beat out even the PS3
much less the Xbox and the Wii.
In your dreams. Don't you know how bad they did with Genesis and Sega CD? Then to have the Dreamcast get beat down like it did. Sega ran for the hills and left the hardware market for good. They just don't have the cash to take on Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. It is just not possible.

Jirlond said:
Do you think they will finally complete the shenmue series? If they bring out a new Sega console.
No and no. Sega said that Shenmue is never, ever getting finished. It is dead and buried like a corpse.