Poll: sega's new console

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Unless they have ten AAA titles on release, along with 300 multiplat titles planned in the future, it would never work.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
It could be interesting. Maybe, just maybe, having their own console on the market could mean more effort put into Sonic games. Just think about it, the main Sonic series started going down the drown REALLY fast after Sonic Adventure 2 and the demise of the Dreamcast.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
when sega was making consoles they made the mistake of having multiple consoles out at once,causing many problems.and no,nintendo is not doing that,the dsi is a portable gaming device,not a console,and thus is somewhat easier to have out along with the wii.

Mordereth

Jun 19, 2009
shaboinkin said:
I say they should, just to get some competition going. You got nintendo doing whatever the heck they are doing, microsoft slowly mimicking nintendo, and sony butt raping themselves early on with the initial high cost which caused a tainted image which people still look at now (just like how vista is still frowned upon).
Having Sega jump in the scene would make things interesting I think
I like and agree with most of what you said, but "Microsoft is slowly mimicking Nintendo"? Okay, you have project Natal to wave in my face, perhaps the 'Mirco-Me's' or whatever they've been dubbed, but looking at games I don't think they copy at all. Not in their main target audience at least.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Hell yes.

Though it wasn't as popular as its rival systems when it was out, I always considered the Sega Dreamcast to be superior to the systems that were out when it was, and I believe it even held up with the PS2 and Gamecube and didn't become outdated until our current console generation. I would love to see what Sega could do now. And if it turns out to be a pile of shit, I don't have to buy it or anything, so it's no skin off my back.

XSA37

Aug 5, 2009
I think they should make a new console. However, it should have a great name *Thinking of the SEGA Revolution*, good graphics, and a lack of motion controls. Seriously, if there was any console that could bring back old school gaming, I'm pretty sure it could be SEGA.

Of course, the second they make more than 1 Sonic game every year, every console should be recalled and the executives fired because, seriously, even PETA has started to wish that that little blue hedgehog would just die already.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Hrmmm I don't know what games or anything that would come out on it.... I say no because it will then turn into a Sonic hot zone, and a world with more sonic, is a dark world indeed.

soladrin

Sep 9, 2007
I say yes, purely based on one fact, fanboys will get another faction to choose and the resulting mayhem will be hilarious

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
No way, that just would mean another system to code for, and I thought the PC, PS3, and 360 (Wii?) were already to much.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
The only reason i would say no is because i fear a new sega console would mean even more sonic games...thats not good for anyone.
To me, the threat of more Sonic games is far outweighed by the potential of the revival of other Sega series, like Vectorman, Streets of Rage, and even the original Phantasy Star games. This whole thing might not end up being true, though. Still, the chance of Sega returning to the hardware business has world-shaking possibilities.