Poll: Shaving of the Downstairs

Coop83

Mar 20, 2010
Usually during the warmer months, I part company with my "winter coat", but leave the hat on, so to speak. Kind of in a similar fashion to how I would like the ladies to do it - improves the sensation, but doesn't make them look like someone whom I'd get into trouble for having a relationship with.

Aug 25, 2009
Male

Don't shave, and so far have been pretty lucky in finding girlfriends who like the hirsute nature. For further explanation I also tend to have at least a moustache and chin beard, if not a full beard, and a reasonably hairy chest.

I'm not that fussed about what a girlfriend does, as long as everything is clean. If she is so unreasonably hirsute that it resembles some sort of 70s afro down there I'd need reassurance before venturing forth, but otherwise I'm fine with an unshaven, untrimmed natural look.

Generally I feel that I wouldn't like a girlfriend to ask me to shave, so I shouldn't ask her to shave either. if she does, and it's for her benefit, then that's part of her thing, and it's none of my business.

I'm remarkably unfazed when it comes to women, now men I prefer to be basically hairless.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
It depends on whether or not it's worth the effort and discomfort for me. Sometimes I'll shave, but usually I just trim and only shave particular spots (I'm male)

And I prefer my partner to be at least groomed. Bush is a turn off for me, but I don't mind fuzz.

I don't know how well this fits into tact, but the way I see it: if I get a hair in my food, I send it back. It's not quite so black-and-white with people, but the idea is the same. I don't want a lot of hair in or around my mouth (which is the only time it's even on my mind)

Bender Rodriguez

Sep 2, 2010
I trim, but do not shave entirely.
Its so thick it'll ruin my boxers of its short enough.
Like hundreds of daggers.

VIKING YEAH!

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
I'm a guy and I trim to maybe a half-inch, and shave around the base. I prefer trimmed on a gal - though I'd much prefer full bush to totally shaved. Adults have pubic hair. When the pants come off and the woman is bare all I can think about is changing the diaper of my niece. It's not a turn on.

ps - trimming makes cunnilingus MUCH easier - and sexier. You can really feel the shape of that lovely, firm, rounded ... wait wait. never mind.

Why do I always write such revealing posts? And now my significant other browses the forums from time to time. Oh brother.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I have a Y chromosome. It's polite and hygienic to keep it trimmed [the subsequent area, not the chromosome], but getting rid of it outright looks eerie.
When it comes to women, the same applies. That said, I've never encountered a hairless area so I have no point of comparison.

Apr 29, 2010
Aylaine said:
McCa said:
Inspired by the chest hair topic, this is for both men and women:

One, do you shave your nether regions?
Two, do you find it attractive on your preferable sex(s)?
Three, would it tun you off if they did/didn't have hair there?

As ever PG13 folks as well as maturity and tact please.

I (a man) do not shave down there, at all.
I'm indifferent towards women shaving not-shaving.

Just curious,
I shave down there, maybe once a month. My hair in general does not grow that much, so I don't need to shave my armpits and my private area as often as other women I know. Which is awesome, because shaving can be a pain. I'd prefer my significant other to be shaven, mostly because of oral sex and it looks much cleaner. It's sort of icky having hair down there if you are preforming it on either a guy or a girl in my experience. :x

I'd accept it regardless though.
Nothing more romantic than coughing up a hair from your significant other's private region. :p

I shaved once. It burned like...it was just unbearable. Maybe I didn't take care of it afterwards properly, who knows. After that fiasco, I decided to trim it as clean as possible from that point on. Granted, it's not like women see me down there on a regular basis, so I don't trim it that often. I mainly do it when I'm tired of seeing hair.

Whoops, almost forgot. I prefer the opposite sex to be either trimmed or shaved. It's more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Taldeer

Apr 15, 2009
I'm a guy, and I do sometimes.
I don't particularly care whether the opposite sex does shave or not, but I do prefer a modicum of cosmetic interest in that area.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I do on occasion. If the mood strikes me. And I'm holding a razor. And its looking a little busy down there.

Isolda Sage

Aug 25, 2010
InfiniteSingularity said:
Man, do not.

As for women, I don't really mind, although when trying some things it gets in the way :/

Question: is it rude or offensive to ask my girlfriend to shave/trim a bit?

No; it's not rude. Just phrase it very politely and throw in a compliment of some sort if you can. I could not think of any that I could actually post on here. :)

Apr 29, 2010
Aylaine said:
superbatranger said:
Aylaine said:
McCa said:
Inspired by the chest hair topic, this is for both men and women:

One, do you shave your nether regions?
Two, do you find it attractive on your preferable sex(s)?
Three, would it tun you off if they did/didn't have hair there?

As ever PG13 folks as well as maturity and tact please.

I (a man) do not shave down there, at all.
I'm indifferent towards women shaving not-shaving.

Just curious,
I shave down there, maybe once a month. My hair in general does not grow that much, so I don't need to shave my armpits and my private area as often as other women I know. Which is awesome, because shaving can be a pain. I'd prefer my significant other to be shaven, mostly because of oral sex and it looks much cleaner. It's sort of icky having hair down there if you are preforming it on either a guy or a girl in my experience. :x

I'd accept it regardless though.
Nothing more romantic than coughing up a hair from your significant other's private region. :p

I shaved once. It burned like...it was just unbearable. Maybe I didn't take care of it afterwards properly, who knows. After that fiasco, I decided to trim it as clean as possible from that point on. Granted, it's not like women see me down there on a regular basis, so I don't trim it that often. I mainly do it when I'm tired of seeing hair.

Whoops, almost forgot. I prefer the opposite sex to be either trimmed or shaved. It's more aesthetically pleasing to me.
Icky. That situation is one I try to avoid at all costs. o.o
I'd imagine that would be a mood killer. Speaking of which, now I'm having this irrational notion about whether I should just shave it to be on the safe side...

Sep 14, 2009
lacktheknack said:
I haven't done anything down there yet, but when I do, I'll probably trim.

I don't care one way or another on women (within reason), but shaved pubic regions on men makes them look way too young. Plus, I'm told it itches/burns.
if you don't do it for a long ass time then yeah it itches and burns like a mofo

OT: i'm a man and i do it occasionally, i keep it trimmed, not pure shaved (there is no way you can force me to sit down and fully shave my balls. fuck. no.)

so yeah, fresh cut lawn, and on women, i prefer it shaven completely or trimmed nicely, i have had a few girls who didn't and..just blehh, a turn off personally, don't like dealing with a bush.

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
I trim, ya know, keep it neat around the edges, fuck shaving though, I don't want 5 o clock shadow on my nads. Plus I'd probably slip and castrate myself.

And for what it worth I prefer other guys do the same, unkempt can be a little messy, depends how much is there to begin with though, really. As for the "Hollywood" I just think it looks a little silly on guys.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
"Women who don't shave are either under 13 or from Germany." At least, that is the conclusion me and my buddy came to after having this same conversation.

As for me, I started shaving when I was 14, haven't looked back. To be honest, a lot of girls are more likely to initiate in forms of pleasure that Clinton would agree to if you are shaved. I know, they've told me so. AND showed me so. What were we talking about?