Poll: shotgun or sniper which do you prefer?

Yokomitsu

Mar 25, 2009
Beefcakes said:
I enjoy a good snipe, for I am the way of the ninja
Yes, you read it right...
I believe your ninja abilities are lacking, there is one true ninja on XBL he is AxM Silence

hero in flames

Jan 10, 2009
depends on what game... war games, sniper... anything else, shotgun...definatly shotgun in left 4 dead...sniper is practically useless

Solidus00

Mar 30, 2009
It really depends on the map, has to have a certain setup for a sniper to be effective.

-IT-

Feb 5, 2008
Love them both, but guess the weapon I take depends on the game / level / mood.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Of the selection I prefer sniper, but, in general that's my second choice to a heavy weapon

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I like both.

My choice usually depends on the map/level I'm playing on. For example in Call of Duty 4, I'd use a sniper rifle over a shotgun on Crash, but using a sniper on Shipment would just be silly. Although, usually in games like COD4 when I'm fighting in close range, I prefer some sort of SMG, like a P90.

However, I would probably lean further towards the sniper rifle in general, especially in games like Battlefield, where you can sit and pick off enemies around control points to assist your team. I like bolt action rifles better than straight scoped sniper rifles though. The hunting rifle is a staple weapon of mine in Fallout 3, and in most WW2 games the Kar98k will be my primary weapon for most of the fighting. (For some reason I just prefer it over the M1 Garand. Besides, since it's one of the enemies main weapons too, I never run out of ammo. :D)

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Depends on the map. If I can get a good veiw of an open area I love a sniper rifle. Its satisfying when you hit someone running across your field of view knowing most sprayers would miss.

I do like a shot gun for indoor maps. I hate people who sit in a corner/round a corner/by a door/ladder with a shotgun. Camping noobs. Then they go spare and accuse you of hacking when you lead with a frag/shoot them through the wall.

The first example was sniping. The second is camping and for pussies who cant move the targetting recticle and shoot at the same time.

Frungy

Feb 26, 2009
Nuke 'em from orbit... its the only way to be sure.

If I'm forced to use a peashooter then I'd prefer something that I can fire from a kilometer away while relaxing on my sofa and sipping my martini

Oct 28, 2008
Sniping can be fun, but in most cases the sniper rifle does not have enough ammo to make it worthwile...while shotty ammo can be found anywhere. I'm just to lazy to drop another weapon for 5 shots. RAAAGH!*charges into enemy fire*

Deadarm

Sep 8, 2008
On a day with little or no lag I prefer the sniper... but god help you if I have no lag and whimsically use a shotgun (or the noob tube for that matter). The rest of the time I lag with a shotgun and die.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
easy question, sniping is too easy to get kills without getting killed, and no glory kill...except maybe UT with the headshot but thats about it.

shotgun invovles blowing somebody to pieces in front of your face while dodging bullets and running from cover to cover...

so none are really skilled, sniping is easy and shotty kills are normally lucky...or sneaky...

shotty all the way

Muhkoo

Mar 29, 2009
Since Duke Nukem on the Playstation and Half Life ive been a Shotgun fanboy.

Im not very good at sniping either, don't have the patiance.. besides shotgun is better for camping if you do it right :)

darfvader

Dec 8, 2008
im the rocket launcher kind of person, i like leading targets. nothing better then rocket vs rocket in quake where aiming and dodging are both neccesry.

jantunen

Mar 30, 2009
Jast said:
In my world, I am always yelling at each person who just sits and camps in the corner of the map and never actually getting off his/her lazy arse and getting down and dirty with close up combat. Quite frankly I USUALLY (not always alright?) find that snipers are only good AT sniping and can't do anything for crap in games. Also, I find out that snipers are usually (again USUALLY) are the most egotistical jerks who think they are the shiz for hiding in a corner the entire game. I also don't think games were meant to be played with your character just sitting around hoping someone will come around the corner to shoot at. Get down and dirty! That's where the real fun in shooting games come from. Also, during a zombie apocolypse whoever heard of anyone sniping zombies? Give me a shotgun any day.

I have to say, i even registered so that i could say this :D then you've met only newb snipers, who are lame campers. I agree that they ruin every game they play.. But e.g. im the kinda sniper, that i enjoy deception. Sniping is all about moving from place to place, and the best part is to take a shot so that you kill a guy and the guy gets to know where you shot him from. Then you go to a place where you see the old place and some other places full of enemies, and take out the guy who is coming for you in your old place :p and repeat =DD

Yokomitsu

Mar 25, 2009
I do love when a sniper rifle touches my hands, i feel like no person will get between me and a perfect K/D ratio of 32-0 :)