Poll: shotgun or sniper which do you prefer?

ac2c_Hellreike

Nov 23, 2004
i go with shotgun.

oh, and for you fellas/gals who say you like assault weapons.....check out the AA12...full auto shotgun with very light recoil...hell of a gun. Not sure if its been properly written into any games to date, as i've only got a little experience with the shooter genre myself.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
It's just so gratifying to have them run at you with a knife, and BANG, they fly away again...

Lord Kofun

Mar 18, 2009
I must quickly clarify that I choose sniper for a reason. I like the original way it was meant to be used. Like, you know.. the real world? Shotty is beautiful for being able to run right up to one's enemy, pulling the trigger and seeing them explode into a confetti of meat. HOWEVER.. I love sniper for it's original purpose, sitting in a good spot so immovably that they mistake you for an mirage when you finally fire. They didn't even know you were there, even after you've gone.

paladinkratos

Mar 25, 2009
i prefer a sniper rifle because i can yell boom headhot without giving away my location. because i will be to far away to be heard

cannot_aim

Dec 18, 2008
Of the two choices the shotgun because the sniper is a cowards weapon. But if I had the choice I would say a light machine gun like the saw or rpd

NeoDeath90

Feb 11, 2009
Shotgun because my aim with a sniper rifle is terrible. I don;t have the reflexes for it. Shotfuns are much more.....what's the term?....In your face!

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
a Sniper vs Shotgunner... at least 75% of the time sniper is going to kick the shotgunner's ass. there are of course circumstances/situations/scenarioes (whatever) that may lead to a shotgunner to win in a battle, but its highly unlikely.
As for preference, sniper is way cooler. Shotgun just has impact power, but a sniper rifle has distance, stealth, and accuracy as well as power.

Gunn01

Feb 13, 2009
shotgun .. i'd rather get up close and blow something apart then snipe at them while crouched behind cover

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
What type of situation are we talkin' here?

Is he right next to me or at the end of a long hallway? Am I in a bell tower? Am I charging through an urban area, clearing room by room?

What game is this?

What shotgun, what sniper? They vary a lot, you know.

Hell, is it Farsight XR-20 vs the L4D starter shotgun? Or is it a Springfield vs a Pancor Jackhammer?

I guess overall I effing love sniper rifles, but...I'm good with anything, and adapt to the situation.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I prefer the sniper rifle in both PC and console games. I just like something about killing a guy from half a mile away without him even noticing.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I don't snipe generally. I tend to favor the close fight - it entertains me more than doing a lot of watching nothing happen with slim moments of activity.

Occasionally I counter-snipe, but that's mostly to irritate snipers. It seems the art of counter sniping is lost on most people - they simply piss, whine and moan about how cheap sniping is and continue to be picked off.

Prideful Heretic

Mar 20, 2009
I like running up behind snipers in BFBC and making them notice me "By pushing them or something" so they'll get up and turn around to be greeted by my shotty >:D

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
Jast said:
In my world, I am always yelling at each person who just sits and camps in the corner of the map and never actually getting off his/her lazy arse and getting down and dirty with close up combat. Quite frankly I USUALLY (not always alright?) find that snipers are only good AT sniping and can't do anything for crap in games. Also, I find out that snipers are usually (again USUALLY) are the most egotistical jerks who think they are the shiz for hiding in a corner the entire game. I also don't think games were meant to be played with your character just sitting around hoping someone will come around the corner to shoot at. Get down and dirty! That's where the real fun in shooting games come from. Also, during a zombie apocolypse whoever heard of anyone sniping zombies? Give me a shotgun any day.
try gears sniping different story

in gears we own the feild a good sniper can be the difference between wins and losses